DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Graham Dorrans
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:31

Has left by mutual consent

Post Edited (Fri 02 Sep 12:32)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Graham Dorrans
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:33

Bye bye 👋 won’t be missed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:33

Great news!

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:46

Excellent stuff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:47

Well I wish him well. Our most creative payer when he was fit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:49

A very, very talented player who had his time with us blighted by injury. A fit Graham Dorrans would have been a player to build a side round. Hopefully, it didn`t cost us a huge pay off, and we can use him wage to pick up a couple of free agents
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:52

Good.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 12:54

Good to get him off the wage bill

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:00

Shame it didn`t work out. I see COWS says he left `ahead of the closure of the transfer window`. Does that mean he`s a free agent which makes it easier for him to find a new club?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:02

Never worked for him here, time to move on and hopefully bring in a couple players either on loan or on free transfers. On that note Craig Cairns of the courier reporting the club will be releasing a statement to update supporters
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:07

Informative statement is up now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:08

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 2 Sept 13:00

Shame it didn`t work out. I see COWS says he left `ahead of the closure of the transfer window`. Does that mean he`s a free agent which makes it easier for him to find a new club?

Aye Eck, if we had released him now then he wouldn`t have been able to transfer his registration before January, this way means he can move to another club.

Best thing for all parties.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:18

He was at the Hamilton game last week - might be heading there?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:27

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 2 Sep 13:18

He was at the Hamilton game last week - might be heading there?

Hope he ends up at Falkirk. Would be great for the upcoming home game.

Episode 2 of East End Tales is out with Jim Leishman!

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:28

Good riddance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:35

Glad he’s left to be honest. Doesn’t seem to have an obv position in the team and the legs had gone for him to be anywhere near a midfield role. Maybe playing at a lower level this season might have suited him but he would still have been costly for that role.

Hoping we’ll have saved a wee bit on paying him up for this season for very limited game time we would have seen.

Seen the board statement, have we abandoned looking at younger lower league players like was the strategy was that brought in turner among others?

Loans it is, hopefully this news increases the budget a little…

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 13:56

Makes sense for everyone.

Big reputation, pedigree and career on the park on top of the rumoured relocation bonuses etc at the time meant he had a lot to live up to.

Hasn`t worked out but wish him all the best.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 18:05

Wanted away months ago but better late than keeping him on payroll.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 18:54

So he’s worked his timing to get out as much cash as possible out of us, got fit on our payroll and can now get another club today.

The worst club captain in recent history and an absolute wage thief. Every time we needed a leader last season, he was posted missing.

Don’t let the door hit yer backside on way out. 🫡 🖕

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 21:05

A two year deal at his age was completely inexplicable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 21:54

Given the vile posts on here I am sure Graham Dorrans is happy to be clear of some of the so called supporters, you know who you are, and this club in general. You wonder why players don’t sign up for DAFC, a quick look on this site would deter any half decent player from ever signing up for the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 21:56

Not condoning abuse but if you genuinely think that our fans are worse than any others then you’re mistaken.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 21:58

Quote:

par58, Fri 02 Sep 21:54

Given the vile posts on here I am sure Graham Dorrans is happy to be clear of some of the so called supporters, you know who you are, and this club in general. You wonder why players don’t sign up for DAFC, a quick look on this site would deter any half decent player from ever signing up for the Pars.

He was a disgrace to the jersey, not ar$ed the whole time he’s been here. The fans rightly so should not condone his attitude to the club… players who are bothered about that should be far away from our club
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:01

You are condoning abuse by your comments.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:01

Your comments, and your like are a disgrace.

Post Edited (Fri 02 Sep 22:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:05

I think the abuse Dorrans has taken is disgraceful my opinion.

So now he`s gone who are you picking on next?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:06

Quote:

dd23, Fri 02 Sep 13:07

Informative statement is up now.

Nothing surprising there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:09

Probably thr best thng for both player and club. Sometimes things just dont work out for both parties. Personally I wish him well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:15

I agree, best wishes to him despite the shocking abuse he has received on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:20

Quote:

par58, Fri 2 Sept 22:15

I agree, best wishes to him despite the shocking abuse he has received on here.

Just accept you`ve left the club Graham and move on. We have.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:32

Quote:

theparsman1885, Fri 02 Sep 18:54

So he’s worked his timing to get out as much cash as possible out of us, got fit on our payroll and can now get another club today.

The worst club captain in recent history and an absolute wage thief. Every time we needed a leader last season, he was posted missing.

Another example of the vile posts on here, it’s no wonder DAFC can’t sign players, let’s face it who would want to sign for a club whose supporters have such abusive and corrosive views.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:36

Quote:

par58, Fri 2 Sep 22:32

Quote:

Another example of the vile posts on here, it’s no wonder DAFC can’t sign players, let’s face it who would want to sign for a club whose supporters have such abusive and corrosive views.

Honestly are you serious? Every club has fans like this. Every club! Check out the Arsenal fans on social media, yet Arsenal still manage to sign players…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:46

Good luck to him, just hasn`t worked out and is probably the best thing for all concerned.

Some folk just don`t live in the real world. Why can`t something just be in the middle? No-one at fault. Nothing controversial. A decision that just didn`t work out.

All this wage-thief, disgrace to the jersey business shows a real lack of either intelligence or maturity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:46

It`s no more abusive or corrosive than I hear from any other supporter from any other fan base. In fact, corrosive, really ?

A lot of what theparsman says I agree with.
I genuinely think he wasn`t interested in playing here, same with Lawless and Polworth.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:48

Quote:

theparsman1885, Fri 2 Sept 18:54

Actually no. Now I am glad he`s away because he never really brought much to the team because his legs were gone. However he has said directly to the club since the end of last season that he wanted to part company and was looking to move into coaching. The gaffer seemed to agree and obviously wanted to free up any money he could for this year`s squad (not that there would be a great deal after paying off his substantial contract). For some reason it was the board who dragged their heels on this one. Why? Couldn`t say.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 22:59

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 2 Sep 22:46

Good luck to him, just hasn`t worked out and is probably the best thing for all concerned.

Some folk just don`t live in the real world. Why can`t something just be in the middle? No-one at fault. Nothing controversial. A decision that just didn`t work out.

All this wage-thief, disgrace to the jersey business shows a real lack of either intelligence or maturity.

Spot on

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 23:04

I see I’ve wound some of the brigade up on here about this - good. Convinces me even more that I was right.

Name me 3 occasions where Graham Dorrans was worth having last season, as a player and as a “captain”. At no point at all did he put himself forward to meet fans or do interviews when things were going down the toilet. A senior player with his experience, he oversaw this clubs RELEGATION from a division we as a fan base we’re looking to progress up from. After relegation he has been unavailable for pre season, and the first two months of this season through injury, and now on the final day of the window, goes for a deal to get out of his contract so he can play for another club, having been paid to recuperate. Forgive me if I smell a rat.

As for this….
Topic Originator: par58 like
Date: Fri 2 Sep 22:32

Quote:

How is this in any definition “vile”? Do you have to hand wring your knickers after wetting them so much? It’s no stretch for any prospective signing, player, coach, anyone in the game to recognise that Dorrans was a horrendous expensive mistake of a signing, and did nothing for us to help out when needed. That won’t put players off. In fact I’ll argue that with less of the type of underperforming players at the club, makes us a more attractive prospect.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 23:11

He said himself that he wanted to move into coaching at the end of last season, but he was injured so decided to stay on the payroll and pick up his wage until he was just about back to full training. Now the timing is right for him to leave and with some kind of payoff too, the whole thing stinks.
When was the last bit of positvity coming from the club? It`s just seems everything coming out of the club is amateurish. No wonder more and more fans seem to think the wool is being pulled over our eyes by the investors, the Germans can`t be that wet behind ears surely?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 23:11

Off the top of my head, Queens Park home and away, Ayr at home, Rovers away...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 23:28

Disgrace to the jersey!

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 23:34

Where`s the evidence he got `some kind of pay-off`? Is this another example of folk just speculating to suit their agenda?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 23:43

DA go, the Queen’s Park games that we ended up losing? Can’t agree that he stood up as a player and as a captain/leader in those games. The Ayr game I’ll grant, and when I think v hard, accept QOS away 2-0 - don’t recall the Raith away one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 00:43

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 2 Sept 23:34

Where`s the evidence he got `some kind of pay-off`? Is this another example of folk just speculating to suit their agenda?

There`s not a chance he`s came out of his contract for hee haw, that`d be ridiculous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 05:58

So much ill-informed speculation on this thread.

Dorrans was a decent player in his day, but we certainly didn`t see him at his best in a Pars jersey, due to his age and a series of injuries. His leaving is much more beneficial to the club than the player himself. Presumably, he could have stayed on and continued to pick up his wages until the end of his contract, spending more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

Equally though, he could have done the honourable thing and made the decision to leave immediately after our play off defeat to Queens Park, which would have allowed the club to bring in a replacement for him during the transfer window. There have been unconfirmed rumours on here that he offered to leave earlier but none of us know for sure. Similarly, none of us can be certain that he received a pay off, even if the chances are that he probably didn`t simply just tear up his contract.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StackPar  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 07:11

Spot on ☝️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 08:58

Quote:

This exactly. And yet they try to justify it by saying but but but other clubs have vile fans too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 09:08

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 2 Sep 22:59

Quote:

Spot on

Agree. Could people not see he was one or our better players in some games late last season. I also don’t blame him for (in the heat of the moment) responding back to some fans abusing him. Unfortunately he was out injured a lot and so on balance the move here didn’t work out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 09:08

Can’t imagine any player or manager looking at fans forums to see if they’ll sign or not. Ridiculous to even suggest it.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Sat 03 Sep 11:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 11:05

I don`t really have any ill feeling towards him. It was a terrible piece of business by the club though. 2 year deal and a relocation package to an aging injury prone player, seriously.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 11:58

Well the person who signed him gone now and he is gone so time to draw a line under it all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 12:49

Is he?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 19:28

He may have simply evaluated his career, the injury he has picked up and decided to move into coaching. He may have been looking for a coaching opportunity found one and then discussed the termination of his contract. He could have remained until the end of the season and taken the money. Given the circumstances and he has decided to leave you have to give him some credit. Good luck to the guy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 11:19

Some guff getting posted above it didn`t work out now he`s gone and we move on. It`s interesting to see the same guys that are moaning about dorrans are also begging for the club to sign anyone to fill a shirt. This is why we were in the situation to start with.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net