DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Away Match Experience. Q,O,S.
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 10:30

Two new grounds done, now it`s back to familiar surroundings.

No posts about ticket, travel or Pars tv problems so all seems well.
Still, it would be good to get feedback about your visit today.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Away Match Experience. Q,O,S.
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 3 Sep 23:25

Only good things about the visit was the 2-0 win and it only costing my dad a fiver to get in other than they the stadium is a total dump seen guys actually having to batter the seats with a clenched fist to fold the bit down for sitting on stewards trying to be mob handed only for the police to hunt then down the other end of the stand until full time

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 16:58

Thought food and drink was reasonable and tasted pretty good.
Don`t mind the view but my main Gripe is we are really left to our own devices down there. No programme seller in the away end or on the streets outside the away end. They sell them outside main stand and in home end but don`t come to the away end. It may have been a problem for the young boys selling them previously but can`t think they are missing a trick by not offering that opportunity to one of the biggest supports they`ll have visiting them. Seen stewards getting a bit of stick on here but the ones I dealt with were pretty helpful although admitted they were seldom employed at that ground so couldn`t answer about facilities or where to get a hold of QOS staff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 17:56

I managed to get a matchday programme walking from the Arena. Just about didn`t bother mind you - £4!!! Won`t be buying one the next time lol.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 21:00

Only moan was the grounds men need to spend a little time with a oil can on the seats

A par since 1985

Post Edited (Sun 04 Sep 21:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 21:14

Decided to knock off one of the grounds I hadn`t been too, read a few things above.

Couldn`t get a programme, no sellers at away ground.

Didn`t like the food at all, sausage roll was terrible - IMHO.

The state of the seats and all the Bird Poo all over the stand floors, surely this is a Health and Hygiene issue. Especially when Bird Flu is decimating the sea birds off the coast of Scotland.

The seats were so needing a bit of oil.

The Toilets in the Arena were stinking, but in the ground, they were better, seen worse.

Stewards were okay with us, no issues there.

Overall, my visit was a six out of ten.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 16:19

Good idea for a series of threads. Here are my thoughts

Travel – it’s never the best of routes, particularly if you are in a hurry – I left 15 minutes early as there had been an accident on the A702 and a diversion was in place. Just as well – it took me about 30 minutes to get out of Edinburgh for no apparent reason – I very nearly gave up. (Luckily I had this option as I hadn’t had to buy a ticket – see below). Fortunately once I got going the traffic was fairly light, although driving 70 miles with an ETA of 2:50 p.m. is never good for your blood pressure.

Parking was fine – found my usual spot about half a mile from the ground and arrived with 3 minutes to spare.

Cash gate – it was good to have one. But why was there no card option? In this day an age, there should be one IMO.

Catering – no sausage rolls left by the time I got there and the pie was a bit undercooked but the coffee was surprisingly good.

Seating – a disgrace, frankly. Seats were missing, or broken or covering in bird-droppings. (I presume the seating in the board-room hasn’t these problems). Fans were herded into a corner. (Not quite as bad as last season, when I asked a steward why this was, in the middle of a pandemic and he said it was due to instructions from the club.)

Stewarding – there were no issues at my end.

Not a place I’d like to have to hurry back to.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 16:40

Like MCT, I also had trouble getting on to the A702. A pedestrian had been run down on the City bypass in the wee small hours and a stretch of it was closed causing congestion at one of the exits but, as is usually the case with travelling to QOS, the journey was better than the destination as the facilities at Palmerston are fairly basic. The view was better than at either Meadowbank or Kelty though. I rarely avail myself of the catering facilities when visiting football grounds. I prefer to take a sandwich with me. There seemed to be an awful lot of stewards but the only inconvenience was one of them periodically going up and down the steps and blocking our view.

I had an amusing encounter on my way back to the car after the match. I came across a wee lad wearing the full Celtic kit and carrying a long-handled brush. I said to him `Do you play sweeper?` He looked at me as if I had two heids.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 17:14

😂 Wee Eck!

Ali, you’re no needing anymair sausage rolls - yer cuddly enough 😉

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 21:47

I’m generally loath to criticise clubs like QoS where every penny is a prisoner, where crowds are sparse and each year is a battle for survival.
That said, the seats were a total disgrace. So many were broken, and most were caked in bird droppings. This wouldn’t cost the earth to put right - or do the club just think that they get so few away fans normally that it just doesn’t matter?
The seats aside, I had no real complaints. Sure, Palmerston is tired and ramshackle but I knew that in advance.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net