DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Airdrie
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 09:28

How on earth can a team, who looked quite decent only a week ago, contrive to lose 6-0 at home to the poorest side the Pars have played in the league so far, even allowing for the fact that they went down to 10 men and conceded a penalty after 15 mins?

Teams have been known to win with 10 men and hold out for a draw with 9. Surely they should have at least been able to keep the scoreline respectable? Perhaps they`re not as decent as they appeared to be last week, or Edinburgh are not as bad as they looked against us?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Airdrie
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 09:44

It’s an odd one. Teams do have off days where everything goes wrong.

Airdrie went down to 10 after 16 minutes & McAbe persisted with 3 up front. Sounds like all or nothing tactics.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 09:48

I can’t fathom it myself… we did boss large chunks of our game against them but that result doesn’t make sense

I hope it shows they don’t have a stomach for a fight if things start going against them and another team gets momentum

In fact I really hope that their point against us was peak airdrie, and they now plummet to the bottom and ultimately out of the league!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 10:06

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 4 Sep 09:44

It’s an odd one. Teams do have off days where everything goes wrong.

Airdrie went down to 10 after 16 minutes & McAbe persisted with 3 up front. Sounds like all or nothing tactics.

Some days everything goes right and other days it all goes wrong.
We have scored a fluke goal that gave us the points, and missed quite a few that on another day could have turned a 0 0 draw into a comfortable win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 10:07

We could quite easily end up in the same position, due to the bookings being raked up per game and a few off, again down to poor officials, yestreday was another poor showing. Bookings for nothing but allowing the opposition to use all means possible to gain an advantage.

There was an incident at the game yesterday where, I think McCann took one in the back which was so deliberate, and waranted a red if not at least a booking, NOTHING not even a word, Nothing is going to happen until someone is seriously injured.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 11:20

Another weird thing about Airdrie`s game yesterday was that, despite being reduced to 10 men after 16 minutes, they only made one substitution and that was at half-time when Gallagher came on for McGill.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 12:35

McCabe and Cammy Smith both said in their post-match interviews that at 0-2 they decided to go for it, but it didn`t work out as Edinburgh quickly scored a third goal. Smith did say their heads then went down and he apologised for that.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 13:11

Edinburgh City are obviously not as bad as the impression they gave in our game with them. They also were down to 10 men for a large part of that game. Airdrie must have grossly underestimated them. But that`s all good news for us since Airdrie were top of the league and going well and yesterday`s result must put a big dent in their confidence.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 13:29

I noticed that when Airdrie were defending corners at EEP they’d put at least one man on or near halfway, sometimes two and even three.

Given they were reduced to ten against Edinburgh, I can only admire that Rhys McCabe decided to retain an attack minded approach to the game - ok, once you are down 2-0, then 3-0 ….it is a difficult call to make, to accepting defeat and (presumably) just keep the score respectable?

That said, didn’t Rovers either lose a 4-0 lead or recover from a 4-0 deficit in the last 20 minutes of a game last season? I guess that isn’t likely to happen if your objective becomes damage limitation.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 14:08

Hahaha the wee team lost a 4 goal lead to Hamilton on the first or second match day! Bunch of clowns.

Episode 2 of East End Tales is out with Jim Leishman!

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 14:25

Is this the first time in many months that our result and those around us went in our favour on the same day or am I too optimistic?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 16:49

Whenever this ever happened to me I always put it down to either my excellent captaincy or finishing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 18:25

it was like jimmy calderwood at tynecastle pars 1-0 down in first 2mins jimmy put 3 upfront and short defence got torn to shreds 7-1 lol

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 23:17

Perhaps an additional significant factor in Airdrie conceding six goals to Edinburgh is that they had a different keeper in goal, to the previous week at EEP.

According to BBC stats, Edinburgh had 9 shots on target netting 6 goals; last week we had 8 shots on target, but only the solitary goal.

As I recall, last week (Johnson) made a few outstanding saves ….as well as getting booked for time wasting.

Last season, we were leaking goals at a rate of 1 goal for every 2 shots on target during the first half of the season; so, 6 from 9 would suggest Henderson (keeper on Saturday) is not of the same calibre as Johnson - or he had a bit of a nightmare?

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 23:57

Johnson was on the bench so presumably he was dropped. Although he had some good saves last week he didn`t look too clever dealing with crosses and throw-ins.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 00:11

You can watch the Airdrie highlights here:
https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv22-23/220903

(And I know it`s off the subject, but it was such a good day results-wise so you can also watch Kelty v Falkirk here:)
https://youtu.be/_hiq_-zfgfY

Post Edited (Mon 05 Sep 00:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 01:03

Off subject or not Stanza, I enjoyed watching both. Very good viewing for a Pars supporter. Did I hear an anti Dunfermline song from the Falkirk support?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 06:35

Na it was from the Kelty support….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 08:20

Max Currie was their regular 1st choice for a few years prior to leaving in the summer so it`s probably the two of them battling it out now to be the established #1

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 11:54

🤣🤣 Joe Cardles celebration. Superb.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 13:49

Kelty`s second goal was worth watching more than once.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 14:09

I enjoyed that immensely:-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 14:23

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Mon 5 Sep 11:54

🤣🤣 Joe Cardles celebration. Superb.

We really need to get Joe some kind of `freedom of Dunfermline` award.

Surely a kingdom needs knights or something.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 15:47

Quote:

Gadgie59, Sun 4 Sep 23:17

Perhaps an additional significant factor in Airdrie conceding six goals to Edinburgh is that they had a different keeper in goal, to the previous week at EEP.

According to BBC stats, Edinburgh had 9 shots on target netting 6 goals; last week we had 8 shots on target, but only the solitary goal.

As I recall, last week (Johnson) made a few outstanding saves ….as well as getting booked for time wasting.

Last season, we were leaking goals at a rate of 1 goal for every 2 shots on target during the first half of the season; so, 6 from 9 would suggest Henderson (keeper on Saturday) is not of the same calibre as Johnson - or he had a bit of a nightmare?

We had 8 shots and scored 1.
That`s because we rarely actually shoot.
We regularly pass the ball to their keeper.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 15:50

Kelty don`t lack experience. On Saturday their team included two 37 year-olds (Hill and Bell), two 35 year-olds (Jason Thomson and Joe), a 33 year-old (Higgy) and at least another two over 30s (Jamieson and Tidser). I thought Dougie Hill retired when Brechin dropped out of League 2!

Is there any pathway for young players at Kelty?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 15:58

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 5 Sept 15:50

Yes there is.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 15:59

Quote:

DJAS, Mon 5 Sept 15:58

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 5 Sept 15:50

Yes there is.

It`s at the side of the main stand. Basic slab construction but pretty level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 17:45

Agent Cardle doing a magnificent job in the first quarter!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 17:58

Did we not play QOS at EEP down to 10 men, Macca kept the front line the same and we destroyed them. Davie Graham launching himself into the net in celebration
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 18:24

Was it 5 or 6 we scored after Kevin R. got sent off.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 22:47

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 5 Sept 17:58

Did we not play QOS at EEP down to 10 men, Macca kept the front line the same and we destroyed them. Davie Graham launching himself into the net in celebration

QoTS only had a man advantage for 20 minutes.

Although we scored three goals in that time!

I`m sure it was a 432/441 we played, it was our striker (Buchanan) who went off for Higgins, however Graham on the right had allot of freedom to get forward.

By all accounts McCabe had Airdrie playing with 2 at the back after they had a man sent off, crazy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 01:28

Rusty Shakelford wrote:-

"Agent Cardle doing a magnificent job in the first quarter."

Agent Higginbotham doing not too bad either.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Sep 01:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 03:04

Quote:

Grant, Mon 5 Sep 22:47

Quote:

I`m sure it was a 432/441 we played, it was our striker (Buchanan) who went off for Higgins, however Graham on the right had allot of freedom to get forward.

By all accounts McCabe had Airdrie playing with 2 at the back after they had a man sent off, crazy.

What a game honestly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 09:38

Watching the Airdrie highlights Edinburgh fcs Robertson looks decent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 10:23

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 6 Sept 03:04

Quote:

Grant, Mon 5 Sep 22:47

Quote:

What a game honestly

Absolutely wild, week before the Rovers game aswell I`m sure? Could`ve had massive implications in the title race if we didn`t win!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net