DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Queen of the South
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 10:29

link to highlights

Highlights up now

James McPake at 1pm

Deniz Mehmet at 3pm

from the ParsTV team

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Queen of the South
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 11:41

I presume the discussion between the ref and his assistant re the second goal was about who got the last touch before Breen put it over the line. If he was in an offside position it looked like it had come off a defender so it was the right decision.

Great save from Mehmet from the penalty. He`s been pretty solid this season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 11:56

Excellent football first half should have been four up. Only criticism is that we ned to convert more of the chance we create.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 13:38

Cheers for the highlights Brian .
We looked the part yesterday , particularly in the 1st half .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 13:58

Great stuff Brian,thank you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 14:00

The boy on the audio who was pure bealin at the penalty save 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 19:52

Can anyone confirm if Bene got booked yesterday? BBC Scotland said he did in the 22nd minute but the COWS site doesn`t show him as having received a yellow card.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 20:15

Quote:

bannerpar, Sun 4 Sept 19:52

Can anyone confirm if Bene got booked yesterday? BBC Scotland said he did in the 22nd minute but the COWS site doesn`t show him as having received a yellow card.

It was showing on flash score as a booking.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 21:04

Yes, Benedictus was booked for a foul in the first half,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 21:47

So very glad the referee took the linesman to task about the second goal. It`s not possible to see if Breen was in an offside position when Chalmers lobbed the ball in. Since he was moving quite fast I would say not. But it is obvious that the ball comes off a QoS defender`s head. The goal gave us a bit of breathing space. It was brilliant that Mehmet saved the penalty. He has been pretty solid so far and that will give him added confidence. All in all it made my first trip to Palmerston a terrific day out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 4 Sep 22:46

Been that ground a few times.Never forget the famous battle a good few years back.Police totally under estimated,our support, and totally under manned the crowd.Remember,a police friend, getting a call from dumfries polis,asking how many pars fans,would travel.He said about 3500.Total silence at the other end.They recond about 300.True story.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 21:21

Thanks, Brian and team.
What a breath of fresh air that game was, in complete contrast to the turgid, uninspiring rubbish we’ve had to put up with for the past few seasons.
For the first time in yonks players actually look as if they know what they’re doing and where they’re supposed to be - I was particularly impressed with our defence (and goalkeeping) which truly was fortress-like.
Great to see players running with the ball too and, on occasions, completely bamboozling opponents with clever footwork and passing.
No doubt there’s some way to go before we turn the liner around and get up to full speed but it’s perfectly obvious that we’re making great strides in the right direction.
Yes, a few more added to the squad would be great but I for one totally approve of not buying simply for the sake of it. I’ve no doubt that there may be a couple of loans around the corner which although, longer term, is not the best way of progressing, would certainly help if we get a run of injuries. With the evidence of games like this we must be a much more attractive prospect to potential loanees than might have been the case 12 months ago.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 5 Sep 22:17

The last time we were at Palmerston, we won 2-0, passed the ball about well, closed out the game very easily and generally looked a class above them for the 90 minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 01:25

DA-go Par Adonis wrote:

> The last time we were at Palmerston, we won 2-0, passed the
> ball about well, closed out the game very easily and generally
> looked a class above them for the 90 minutes.

Then we got them at home in the last game of the season and decided to press the self destruct button.
>
>

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 05:45

If we play like we did at the weekend there then it should be another 3pts against Clyde then looking ahead to the Falkirk game we should really be looking to dismantle them would be great if Ohara could find the ON switch and rip them to shreds

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net