DAFC.net
Home 04 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chris Mochrie
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 8 Sep 09:47

Named in Scott Gemills U-21 Squad.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chris Mochrie
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 8 Sep 09:54

What a relief! I thought you were going to tell us he was injured and out for the season. Well done to the lad. Does that mean he could miss some of our games?

Post Edited (Thu 08 Sep 09:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 8 Sep 10:05

U21 Games are the Thursday and Sunday that surround the Celtic B game. You’d hope that won’t affect any league games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Adundeemonkey  
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 08:02

The lad is easily the best talent I`ve seen for the Pars for years. If he has the right attitude he can go far as hit ability is clear to see.

Its tuff being a Par but we love it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 08:21

Pleased for the boy hope he does well

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 11:25

Quote:

Adundeemonkey, Sun 11 Sep 08:02

The lad is easily the best talent I`ve seen for the Pars for years. If he has the right attitude he can go far as hit ability is clear to see.

Pity he`s not our player permanently, Hooe he stays injury free during the internationals.

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: maradona86  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 14:09

Mochrie on the bench. Live on YouTube 2:30 kick off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 15:19

Quote:

maradona86, Thu 22 Sept 14:09

Scotland 2-0 up at half time .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 15:50

Quote:

I had a Pars fan tell me at half time on Sat that Mochrie was well out of his depth........ 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 16:07

Some folk still prefer perspiration to inspiration.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 16:20

He does blow hot and cold in games. I would have hooked him at half time in the QoS game because he was the one player who stood out for me as a weak link. But he does have undoubted talent and with a bit more good coaching and experience in games he will no doubt improve.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 16:25

Quote:

Parsweep, Thu 22 Sept 15:19

Quote:

maradona86, Thu 22 Sept 14:09

Scotland 2-0 up at half time .

It finished 3-1 Scotland , no idea if Mochrie got any game time .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 16:35

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 22 Sept 15:50

Quote:

I had a Pars fan tell me at half time on Sat that Mochrie was well out of his depth........ 🤔

At half time GG I would`ve subbed him for Hamilton to try and get a grip on the game, he hadn`t done anything with the ball and was very poor without it. Was our worst player along with Comrie.

Some second half he had though! It`s a shame that he didn`t finish that mazy run, he`d done all the hard work. He`s certainly got great football skill however there`s a good bit of development ahead for him, which is why he`s at us. Hopefully we can help him and he can go on to have a fine career.

He came on in the 64th minute today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 16:46

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 22 Sep 15:50

Quote:

He was AWOL in first have GG and did very little to get back and help the fullbacks. 2nd half a different story when he was on the ball, but did look a bit of a luxury when we weren`t in posession.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: maradona86  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 17:25

Played the last 25 minutes, replacing Northamptons ex Rovers midfielder Kieron Bowie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 17:51

Quote:

maradona86, Thu 22 Sept 17:25

Played the last 25 minutes, replacing Northamptons ex Rovers midfielder Kieron Bowie

Bowie is a striker Maradona, looked a cracking pler.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 17:55

I agree with Grant and TAFKA that Mochrie was poor in the first half v Falkirk, but if he`d been hooked, we wouldn`t have been treated to his scintillating performance after the break.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 15:37

CM has just come on for last 10 mins of Sco v NI at Paisley. 1-1 on BBC Sport website.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 15:55

Finished 1-1; Mochrie didn`t see much of the ball but seemed to come through unscathed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 14:54

someone on EEB posted this today enjoyed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrmxdsHfqe8&t=219s

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 15:37

That`s all very well, FP, but there`s not one instance there of him tracking back or making a tackle!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 15:40

wee eck wrote:

> That`s all very well, FP, but there`s not one instance there of
> him tracking back or making a tackle!
>
>

No there isnt eck

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 15:46

😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 17:01

I think he’ll go on to be a great player but for me he’s a bit far away from that at the moment. He’s doing okay in this league though where he can carry him for large spells of games when it’s just not happening for him.

Isn’t interested in competing to win the ball back or following runs to help the team. If he can up that and not switch off/ball watch he’ll be some player.

He’s under a fair bit of pressure though as everything creative was expected to come through him. Although having said that we scored 5 against arbroath as not carrying him gave the others in midfield the freedom to shine.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 18:14

He is a young lad and this is his first full season of mens football. Youngsters, whether ours or on loan need patience and not too much expected of them. Given our squad is too small I think, Matty Todd, Sam Fisher and Mochrie have been played consecutively a bit too much.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 19:03

The lad is a tremendous talent, I can see him being a full international if he continues to develop. There’s a lot of talk about his role in the team, perhaps he is just doing as he is instructed to

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 19:54

I agree 1970 par. Quality player. Pars youngsters need to try harder at being the finished article on their debut.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 20:00

I’d always find a place for Chris in this team.
Play Hamilton and Chalmers behind him to cover and free him from having to track back

Ideal in a 3-4-2-1 formation playing just behind Wighton, with Todd the other “number 10”

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 12 Dec 20:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 20:17

I think we missed him last Saturday Raymie, if there is a battle in there he is the one that gets the ball back for us.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 21:13

There`s nothing at all wrong with saying that a player needs to contribute more defensively. It seems to me that trying to find a setup that covers for a lack of defensive contribution only takes away responsibility from the player to develop. Every player on the park should contribute something in both defence and attack, though obviously the balance between them varies from player to player depending on their role in the team. How would we feel if our defenders all said `our job is defending, so we`re not going up for corners`?

Mochrie has something about him and he has a chance of making it at a decent level, but I don`t think he will uness he adds defensive work to his game. You can always shift the balance to try to cover for a weakness in the team, but ultimately you always lose somethiing else by doing that. We had a similar situation a few years ago when Ryan Williamson was struggling defensively, and to cover it he was essentially given a defensive babysitter in Josh Falkingham. It helped to some degree but in doing that, we lost much of Falkingham`s effectiveness in the middle of the park.

In this case, the best solution is simply that Mochrie improves at doing the defensive basics from his position, and shows a desire to improve at this. Adding that to his game would benefit the team enormously, but would also benefit him in terms of his career in football. It would make him a far more valuable player, and give him the best chance of being able to use his ability at as high a level as possible.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 21:25

I don’t believe Mochrie doesn’t try defensively nor that he lacks desire to improve that side of his game. It is a part of the game he is poor on but that doesn’t mean he isn’t trying to do improve it, I highly doubt McPake would accept that

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 21:49

I don`t think it`s a case of not trying, and I wasn`t suggesting that at all. My guess is that it`s just completely alien to him, which would be understandable if he came up through a youth system that focussed on his ability on the ball, rather than the complete picture of being a player.

But playing first team football at any level means that has to change. Understanding where space is in a defensive context should also help him as an attacking player. Knowing where you want to put your body when an opponent has the ball close to you shouldn`t be too difficult. Whatever the reason for it, the situaiton in the last home game where twice in a minute he allowed his oppenent to run past him completely unopposed has to improve, both for him and for the team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 22:15

Socks, I take your point that adding defensive nous would make him a better all round player, but there is still room for players who just come alive when they have the ball?
Messi and Ronaldo probably have made fewer tackles than most of us have had hot dinners and are examples of this ( in the extreme ) Their coaches were prepared to make allowances for them though.
I believe McPake rates Mochrie highly and is prepared to overlook his shortcomings ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 22:17

We have the best defence in the spfl as things stand. So Mochrie not being defensive minded isn`t harming anything.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Dec 22:27

Quote:

evo!, Mon 12 Dec 22:17

We have the best defence in the spfl as things stand. So Mochrie not being defensive minded isn`t harming anything.

On the flip side we haven`t scored as many as we should and our best attacking display this season came without Mochrie...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 10:38

What was clear in the game against QoS that the midfield is overloaded with attacking minded players.

I think McPake got the team bang on against Arbroath and Mochrie will need to prove his worth to get back in to the squad. Dropping Hamilton for him will be too top-heavy on attacking minded players which results is being completely missing in the midfield battles. It was abundantly clear against QoS.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 13:40

Mochrie has already proved his worth with us. He is one of the few players we have capable of going past a man and creating something. He may not be the finished article but clearly McPake recognises his qualities and what he brings to the team, more so than some on here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 13:58

CrossPar wrote:

> Mochrie has already proved his worth with us. He is one of the
> few players we have capable of going past a man and creating
> something. He may not be the finished article but clearly
> McPake recognises his qualities and what he brings to the team,
> more so than some on here.

I agree. I think Mcpake does recognise his qualities and see`s him as a long term target to purchase if we go up this year.

Thinking about it at 19 and playing week in week out in the championship and going well we could make a lot of money from him if that happened.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 15:27

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 12 Dec 22:15

Socks, I take your point that adding defensive nous would make him a better all round player, but there is still room for players who just come alive when they have the ball?
Messi and Ronaldo probably have made fewer tackles than most of us have had hot dinners and are examples of this ( in the extreme ) Their coaches were prepared to make allowances for them though.
I believe McPake rates Mochrie highly and is prepared to overlook his shortcomings ?

Took the words out my mouth, Raymie. Slightly different level to Messi, Ronaldi, Mbeppe, but working on his defensive qualities would only hinder his undoubted creative abilities.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 18:44

I can`t see Dundee United selling Mochrie to a club playing at our level and certainly not at a price we could afford.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 18:58

I don`t see anyone suggesting that and if they are, they`re mad.

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 20:04

I thought Football Par was?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Dec 20:38

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 13 Dec 20:04

I thought Football Par was?

I beleive that was based on the assumption that his contract expires this summer.

I`ve enjoyed Mochrie when he`s on form, but to suggest that improving his defence would take away from his attacking talents is absolutely wild. He`s got undoubted skill and natural talent on the ball, but there`s more to football than that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 07:34

Players like Messi, Ronaldo or Mbappe couldn’t tackle a fish supper. No one’s cried to drop any of them playing at their peak.

The modern game goes overboard for big strong athletic brick sh*t houses - they’ve a role to play, but who would you prefer to watch?

Give me skilful players every time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 08:46

Another thing to consider is that these players are often told to "cheat" by staying up and not tracking so if the ball is turned over they are in space.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 08:50

I think if he doesn`t add helping out defensively to his game he isn`t good enough going forward to make it at a high level. He reminds me a bit of kai Kennedy in the regard of sometimes hold on to the ball too long and doesn`t get back if he looses it. To say that Messi and Ronaldo don`t do it is a laughable statement with what they offer in the opponent`s half and defensively. I can also assume you don`t watch much of them as both have shown their worth at both ends of the pitch both over their respective careers and in the current world cup.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 09:18

Ronaldo does his defensive duties really well by doubling back and marking up in the box. Not renowned for his tackling.

Leaving creative players free to express themselves when they get the ball should be encouraged. Football’s meant to entertain.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 09:21

cammypar 1995 wrote:

> I think if he doesn`t add helping out defensively to his game
> he isn`t good enough going forward to make it at a high level.
> He reminds me a bit of kai Kennedy in the regard of sometimes
> hold on to the ball too long and doesn`t get back if he looses
> it. To say that Messi and Ronaldo don`t do it is a laughable
> statement with what they offer in the opponent`s half and
> defensively. I can also assume you don`t watch much of them as
> both have shown their worth at both ends of the pitch both over
> their respective careers and in the current world cup.
>
>

I think your being unfair there, He always tries forward or risky passes and they dont always come off but anytime ive seen him loose the ball he tries to get it back immediately. Seems to be a bit of a narrative on here with some people that he is a lazy showpony player.

I`d also say id rather see players try and go/pass forward then just pass it backwards and sideways all the time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 09:29

You don`t have to be Paulo Maldini in your tackling, but tracking back and making things difficult for the opposition can make a difference

Didn`t he play at Falkirk recently? Everyone did a grand job that day shutting them out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 10:23

Quote:

Football_Par, Wed 14 Dec 09:21

cammypar 1995 wrote:

> I think if he doesn`t add helping out defensively to his game
> he isn`t good enough going forward to make it at a high level.
> He reminds me a bit of kai Kennedy in the regard of sometimes
> hold on to the ball too long and doesn`t get back if he looses
> it. To say that Messi and Ronaldo don`t do it is a laughable
> statement with what they offer in the opponent`s half and
> defensively. I can also assume you don`t watch much of them as
> both have shown their worth at both ends of the pitch both over
> their respective careers and in the current world cup.
>

I think your being unfair there, He always tries forward or risky passes and they dont always come off but anytime ive seen him loose the ball he tries to get it back immediately. Seems to be a bit of a narrative on here with some people that he is a lazy showpony player.

I`d also say id rather see players try and go/pass forward then just pass it backwards and sideways all the time.

He is rarely in our own half. If you have quality behind you that`s probably not as important. We unfortunately need every single one of our 11 to chip in.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 10:39

Kai Kennedy loves to dribble but I don`t think he has an eye for a pass the way Mochrie has. Tracking back is fine but surely you want your attacking players to start their attacks from as near the opponents` goal as possible?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 15:51

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Dec 10:39

Kai Kennedy loves to dribble but I don`t think he has an eye for a pass the way Mochrie has. Tracking back is fine but surely you want your attacking players to start their attacks from as near the opponents` goal as possible?

As was mentioned above if his attacking play was good enough to rely on that alone then I don`t think his lack of defending would be questioned. I don`t think he is good enough just to stand and wait on the ball.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Dec 16:45

I accept he isn`t the most effective at tracking back and challenging but I wouldn`t say he stands around waiting for the ball. What we don`t know is what the manager expects of him.

Sadly, in my opinion, football has become more about perspiration than inspiration and I don`t think multiple substitutions such are we`ve seen at the World Cup help. Certain players can just run themselves into the ground knowing they can be replaced by a fresher, fitter player to continue their role if necessary. It`s becoming like rugby where the game has become so physically demanding that the coaches automatically replace half the team with half an hour still to play.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 12:48

Would imagine it would make a big difference if mochrie showed commitment in the 50-50 challenges, enough to start winning some of them would do.

It’s a man’s game and at a higher level he’ll lose 70-30 in his favour challenges by pulling out and I think that would defo hinder him progressing his career.

He’s had a loan spell at Montrose in the past, this isn’t his first taste of competitive football.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 12:57

"It`s becoming like rugby where the game has become so physically demanding that the coaches automatically replace half the team with half an hour still to play."

interesting observation that. IMO it`s made rugby poorer as a sport as to compete you need a strong bench AND a strong 1st XV. Lessens the chances of upsets considerably. Early indications show that it`s also putting the long term health of players at risk.

I don`t want football going anywhere near that route.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 13:20

Quote:

Berkey, Thu 15 Dec 12:48
It’s a man’s game

Dearie me

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 14:06

"Topic Originator: Berkey
Date: Thu 15 Dec 12:48

Would imagine it would make a big difference if mochrie showed commitment in the 50-50 challenges, enough to start winning some of them would do.

It’s a man’s game and at a higher level he’ll lose 70-30 in his favour challenges by pulling out and I think that would defo hinder him progressing his career.

He’s had a loan spell at Montrose in the past, this isn’t his first taste of competitive football."

So he`s shitting out of 70-30 s now ? this is just getting better and better lol

im supprised he can get out of bed being such a coward he should be scared to cross the street

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 15:00

There are a number of players I know of who were pretty crap in 50:50 challenges. Xavi, Pirlo, Messi, Guardiola, Baggio. They had decent careers at pretty high levels..

This nonsense that you have to be `tough` to succeed in football is caveman era stuff. Mentally tough, yeah. Physically tough isn`t the same thing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 15:08

The bravest players and not the ones that fly into tackles its the ones who still want the ball even when getting tightly marked.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 16:42

That`s a good way of putting it. Modric and Pirlo were quite happy receiving the ball in tight situations and trusting their technique. That`s real bravery.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 17:17

If he`s half as good as some of the players mentioned above, then we should sign him just as most of Europe would want to do.
Good prospect if we could get him signed permanently, recon he could step up to championship level and then beyond eventually.
He`s still young, learning his trade, and developing here. Who knows where he might end up.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Underpars  
Date:   Thu 15 Dec 17:32

Dundee Utd develop players of this standard to keep or sell on for much more than we could offer unfortunately.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 5 Jan 11:23

An Arab guy very much in the know on P&B suggesting he`s staying til the end of the season. Good news.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net