DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Benedictus
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 13 Sep 12:48

I had a notion that the word came from the Latin but since my Latin is very sparse, I googled it. The word means "blessed" and "the Benedictus " seemingly is part of the Latin Mass which deals with the prayer of Zechariah from Luke Chapter 1 verses 68 to 79.Although of the Reformed faith myself, I aim to find out more from a very good friend who attends Latin Mass in Glasgow.

That being said I am very much rooting for our own Captain Benedictus, who so far in his Pars career has indeed proved to be a blessing and has rallied the troops to the extent that we are in a very healthy league position. Captain Bene please do your best to lead the boys to a great victory this Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Benedictus
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Tue 13 Sep 13:36

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 13 Sep 12:48

I had a notion that the word came from the Latin but since my Latin is very sparse, I googled it. The word means "blessed" and "the Benedictus " seemingly is part of the Latin Mass which deals with the prayer of Zechariah from Luke Chapter 1 verses 68 to 79.Although of the Reformed faith myself, I aim to find out more from a very good friend who attends Latin Mass in Glasgow.

That being said I am very much rooting for our own Captain Benedictus, who so far in his Pars career has indeed proved to be a blessing and has rallied the troops to the extent that we are in a very healthy league position. Captain Bene please do your best to lead the boys to a great victory this Saturday.

Benediction is a prayer asking for God`s help and protection, don`t think we will need his help on Saturday !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 13 Sep 14:18

There is no god. Although Andy Tod (senior) is still the son of god.

Episode 2 of East End Tales is out with Jim Leishman!

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 13 Sep 14:36

Please never start a thread ever again that makes me think our captain is injured!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Tue 13 Sep 14:58

"Benedictus benedicat".

Benedictus, Benedicat per Jesum Christum Dominum Nostrum is a Latin grace for saying before a meal. Apparently, it means: "May he who is Blessed bless [this food] through Jesus Christ Our Lord."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 13 Sep 16:15

I appreciate that sentiment Rusty, which is testament to the fact that Kyle Benedictus has settled in so well at EEP as a vital part of the team.

And the further explanation of the use of the word Benedictus by the Roy Barry fan club also very helpful and reminds us that Bene to some extent may have shades of the great Roy in his defensive abilities.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net