DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The Falkirk game
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 00:21

Getting down to the match itself, this is one that I am quite excited about. If we manage to win this, then we open up a seven point gap between us and them after just seven games. A win would provide an enormous boost to the morale of our players and fans, and would puncture the ambitions of one of the early favourites.

Our other rivals all have tough games, so if we stand resolute, we might just begin to see a bit of daylight between us and the rest.

It would be good if we were to add a loanee or two to the squad before the weekend, but that seems to be in the laps of the gods at the moment. The unattractiveness of this league to players was a consequence few of us properly considered when we got relegated last season

While most of us are generally happy with McPake`s first team picks, that bench looks threadbare. It is always desirable to see at least a couple of names on the bench who you reckon could change a game. At the moment, that is absent.

Ah well, I am already buzzing about this weekend`s match. Let`s hope for a bumper crowd and a great atmosphere. For me, the game starts at midnight on Saturday, and I shall be sitting down to watch Pars TV with my Pars scarf on and a wee dram handy to keep me warm.

Ever the optimist, I forecast 3-1 to the Pars...

:)

Post Edited (Wed 14 Sep 04:21)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The Falkirk game
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 02:47

OzPar why is McCabe selecting our team? I think we are better with McPake. Oops senior moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 04:18

Haha! Yes, definitely a senior moment there! Thanks oapar...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 05:11

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 14 Sep 04:18

Haha! Yes, definitely a senior moment there! Thanks oapar...

Thought you had started on the wee drams Oz
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 06:46

Will be interesting to see if he beings Hamilton back into the team or sticks with the side that beat Queens. I wasn`t there so can`t really comment but it seems we were well on top for most of the game? I sometimes wonder if Hamilton is trying a bit too hard with him being a Pars fan. Think he just needs to calm down a little and play his own game. Don`t want him charging about and getting sent off on Saturday so maybe it`s best to leave him out?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 08:17

Hamilton is definitely an asset and I am sure he will get a run in the team sooner or later, but since his suspension, for me he has been the poorest of the midfielders. On form, I don`t think he gets in ahead of Chalmers, Todd and Mochrie. The first half at Queens was the best half we`ve produced this season, so I reckon it will be the same starting XI if everyone is fit.

There is a decent balance with those 3 in the centre, Mochrie as the most advanced drifting into space, Todd and Chalmers deeper. Todd has a good engine and can get box to box and Chalmers can sit more and get the ball moving around.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 08:40

It`s a derby, and Hamilton`s industry and competitive instincts will be important. He should start the game in my opinion.

C`mon
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 09:09

I would rather have Andy from Little Britain in midfiled than Chalmers

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 09:38

`I would rather have Andy from Little Britain in midfiled (sic) than Chalmers`

You obviously know more about TV comedy than you know about football. We`ve scored 8 goals in the League so far and I can think of 3 which have come from Chalmers` assists.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 09:43

TV Comedy?

The TV show that can`t get shown on TV anymore due to the abhorrent racist language used?

Imagine how much more assists we could have had if he wasnt doing the cha-cha-slide most of the game

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 09:53

I`m a bigger fan of Joe Chalmers than I ever was of Little Britain - or Strictly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 11:25

I have criticised Chalmers in the past but he has definitely been playing well recently, so credit to him.
The starting 11 at Dumfries deserve to start and Hammy can come on for the battle that will ensue particularly in the last 30 mins where it may be won or lost then in what will surely be a very tight game.

Hopefully we can sneak it 2-1. Gut tells me a draw.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 13:26

Chalmers has been one of our most consistent players so far this season

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 13:28

Hamilton shouldn’t get back in. Team plays well without him.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 14 Sep 13:37

Really looking forward to this game…

When the schedule came out there was only two teams I looked for - Falkirk and Airdrie

Hope we absolutely horse them so badly, that even we start feeling sorry for them!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net