DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 U18`s Scottish Cup Newtongrange Tonight
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 16 Sep 17:37

U18`s away to Newtongrange Star tonight in the Scottish Youth Cup £2 entry 19.45 KO.

For anyone who is looking for a Friday night Football fix

Post Edited (Fri 16 Sep 17:38)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: U18`s Scottish Cup Newtongrange Tonight
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 16 Sep 22:51

3 - 0 Pars well done to the young team. Quite a few Pars fans there also.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 01:02

McDowell and Tod (2) scored the goals.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 07:34

Well Done Lads.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 13:19

I thought it was a composed performance, and deserving of a win, although three might be a little flattering.

We scored midway through the first half when the captain McDowell stooped to head in a ball from the right. Tod scored two in two minutes with about 20 minutes to go to make the game safe – Taylor Sutherland broke through on the right and squared to allow Tod to pass home and then the Star defence got caught in possession at the edge of the box and Tod advanced to slip the ball past the keeper

I’m not sure how strong Newtongrange are at youth level – their first team is mid-level at tier 7 so I was expecting a comfortable win beforehand.

We played 4-4-2 with the Sutherland brothers up front (I assume Quiver is too old) and Tod making his presence felt all over the park. In the first half, I thought we looked threatening up the right with the RB Hoggan combining well with T Sutherlamd and Beagley – in contrast I thought we looked shaky on the left. We played the ball out from the back, which caused a couple of nervous moments, but tried to play some nice balls through the channels, but those never quite worked. In contrast, more of the play seemed to come down the left in the second half. Central defence was pretty solid, protecting the goalkeeper, who despite his lack of inches, never seemed particularly troubled,

Given the lack of signings, I think some of these players may be flung in the deep end sooner rather than later.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 14:35

I believe it was Nitten Star`s U20`s although I did see Lasswade Thistle 07`s saying two of their boys made the squad.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net