DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Match Thread - Pars 1-1 Falkirk
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 14:18

1 Deniz Mehmet
2 Aaron Comrie
4 Kyle Benedictus (c)
12 Rhys Breen
3 Josh Edwards
6 Kyle Macdonald
8 Joe Chalmers
26 Matthew Todd
11 Chris Mochrie
14 Lewis McCann
10 Nikolay Todorov

Subs:-
5 Chris Hamilton
9 Craig Wighton
15 Sam Fisher
27 Sam Young
28 Andrew Tod
29 Taylor Sutherland
20 Max Little (GK)

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Match Thread - Pars v Falkirk
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:23

Getting ripped a new one so far down our left side. Mochrie needs to start tracking back.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:34

1-0 Falkirk. Morrison.

A horror story so far. Falkirk dominating the midfield... in fact, everywhere...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:38

Yep, can`t say they don`t deserve the lead, in fact they probably should be 2 or 3 up. Midfield is non existent (Todd hobbling about for a while doesn`t help, Mochrie is doing nothing) and Burrell is too much for us to handle. The only saving grace so far is that it is only one.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Match Thread - Pars 0-1 Falkirk
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:39

Absolute embarrassment enough said

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:44

Quote:

gordi-b, Sat 17 Sep 15:39

Absolute embarrassment enough said

Desperately need new blood in the team.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:49

Played off the park. Embarrassing
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:50

Be amazed if no change of shape at HT to get someone in front of Edwards.

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:52

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Sat 17 Sept 15:50

Be amazed if no change of shape at HT to get someone in front of Edwards.

You`d think that would`ve happened after about ten minutes when it became evident there was a massive overload on the right.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:54

I agree with all the other posts we are getting played off the park we cannot even string 2 passes together
At Present it`s embarrassing ! we are lucky to go in only 1 goal down
Hopefully a change of shape in the second half

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 15:55

Second best all over

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 16:02

Aye, it`s about as bad a first half as a can remember.

Only plus is that it`s only 1. Hopefully Hamilton and Wighton can make a difference but there`s nothing else on the bench.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 16:13

Penalty Pars

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 16:14

Right, let`s get this finished!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Match Thread - Pars 1-1 Falkirk
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 16:15

1-1 Benedictus

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 16:16

Benedictus converts!!!

Get into these scum bags!!!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:14

Take a point after that inept first half where they should have been 3 goals up.
Much more urgency about us second half.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:22

Thought McCann was brilliant out wide there second half.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:24

Much better second half, surprised to see the pen as I was following the ball. Was it a late tackle on Toddy? After the second half,a wee bit disappointed with the draw but after the first half I’d have bitten your hand off for a point a piece. Onward and upwards 🏁🏁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:27

First half was absolutely stinking from our point of view. Falkirk were far the better team and deserved lead at HT.

Second half however was a major improvement and fair play to everyone for that.
Had enough chances to win about 3 games.
Think overall we deserved to win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:37

Getting in at half time only a goal down was a big let off. I didn`t see if it was a pen or not as was watching McCann. We had chances but so did they. A draw is probably a fair result on reflection. Mochrie was dire in the first half but came to life second half and probably should have scored. Chalmers nearly scored a screamer but that was his worst game for us this season. Not sure how Hamilton never came on to replace Chalmers. Take the point and move on. Top of the league and still unbeaten.

To add as well I think benedictus was lucky not to get a second yellow late on but saying that his first booking was extremely soft. Poor referee again today but I`ve accepted that`s the standard we are going to have in this league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:38

Great game of football. Classic ‘game of two halves’. Mochrie was anonymous first half, then ran the show second half. For the first time, we looked better once we went 4-2-3-1/4-3-3, than we did when we played 3-5-2.

Unlucky not to win in the end, but we were also lucky to only be 1-0 down at HT.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:40

Quote:

NikNakPar, Sat 17 Sep 17:37

To add as well I think benedictus was lucky not to get a second yellow late on but saying that his first booking was extremely soft. Poor referee again today but I`ve accepted that`s the standard we are going to have in this league.

100% should have been a second yellow. But several Falkirk players had made similar challenges, including for the penalty, and not been booked. Has to be acknowledged as a dodgy decision in our favour though, as it means our captain is still available next week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:48

Hit the post twice, second half, with great efforts. Why is Chalmers taking so much stick again. OK he lost the ball twice but time and again he popped up in just the right place and his effort that hit the post was spectacular.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 17:51

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 17 Sept 17:48

Hit the post twice, second half, with great efforts. Why is Chalmers taking so much stick again. OK he lost the ball twice but time and again he popped up in just the right place and his effort that hit the post was spectacular.

I`m a big supporter of Chalmers but he was poor today. Gave the ball away more than twice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:19

Mainly because Falkirk showed what damage can be done when you break at pace but he slowed everything down. He also didn`t get forward at all in the first half and gave the ball away on several occasions. He was better in the second half mind you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mars par  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:27

There was a point in the second half where he was so reluctant to turn and face forward that he played a chip pass over our CBs to Mehmet, giving him a horrible one to deal with. He looks devoid of confidence and he slows everything down. Didn`t help that made a couple of bad passes today as well

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:32

Their goal looked suspiciously offside from the back of the Norrie.

Would like to see it when the highlights emerge.

A draw was a fair result given that we only played the second half.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:38

Thought they were playing with fourteen players the way they were carving us up.
We lack pace in our team and lucky not to be two or three down at half time.Different game second half with formation changes hitting the post twice but they also had chances.
All in all a draw was about right.This league will go to the wire just hope we are there come end of the season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:40

Kudos to both teams an excellent game of football.

Falkirk had the FH - we just were not at the races. They bossed the midfield & Burrell up front gave our back 4 a torrid time. SH was a lot better, Mochrie was twisting & turning and things were starting to happen. Hit the woodwork x 2, Todd was starting to look good linking up down the left with McCann. Falkirk also had chances to win it late on.

Draw = Fair result.

Could do with a few more in we’re still looking a bit light.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:43

We need to start games at a higher tempo.Teams are being allowed to dictate the pace,and we were second to the ball,on too many occasions. Draw was fair in my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:50

Considering we should have been 3 down at the break it was a relief not to lose but we could have won the game. Mochrie was impressive second half but he needs to learn to take a chance when it comes and not overplay. How Bene stayed on the park I don`t know but his booking was a travesty. Interesting to read comments about Chalmers. I`m not his biggest fan. He frustrates me by playing too safe and too often goes sideways or backwards. But I thought he did well today especially the blocks late in the first half and his shot that hit the post was sublime.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 18:58

“We need to start games at a higher tempo.”

Not sure that this is necessarily true. It certainly describes today’s game, but the last game at Dumfries was entirely the opposite case - we were terrific in the first half, we didn’t give Queens a sniff.
It is true though that Falkirk were more than good value for their half time lead this afternoon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:01

Fair result, and a good derby. Falkirk much the better team 1st half, and we were much the better team 2nd half. Could argue we done just about enough to deserve the 3 points. Great to see a large crowd back at EEP (home & away) as the atmosphere was really good today. Still top of the league!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:01

What were the two chances Falkirk should have scored in the first half? I don`t remember them having a decent shot on target that Mehmet had to save. They were good in midfield with little goal threat apart from Burrell. Over the piece we hit the goal-frame three times and their keeper made a good diving save from McCann.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:04

at least McPake is owning the shape of the side in the first half although not which one, went through three of them and got worse with each change. the final change at half time though did work and we looked so much more of a threat but also better defensively although still with a few scares, if Mochrie is going to play as a number 10 then we cannot afford 2 up front as well especially in games like that.

"Why is Chalmers taking so much stick again"

because its Chalmers added with Hamilton being on the bench even though its the right decision at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:05

McGuffie should have buried the cutback that he sclaffed wide.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:08

As most have said - a game of two halves today. First half was the worst we`ve played this season. Falkirk showed much more hunger and we were lucky to go in only 1 down. It amazing how much things can change at half time. We were the better team but as much as we were better than Falkirk, Falkirk were nowhere near as bad as we were in the first. We had so many chances to win the game today. Mochrie`s chance would have been one of the best goals I`ve seen at East End if he`d put that in. Scoring seemed the easy part after all his good work beforehand! Benedictus was solid today. The best thing I can say about him is that he reminded me of Norrie. He gives it his all and battles all game. Best captain we`ve had in a long time. Taking the penalty a ballsy move for a centre back also but it was brilliantly taken.

I`m gutted we have no game for a fortnight now but I seriously hope we bring in some bodies before the Peterhead game. Once again it was clear how light we look on the bench and it is absolutely vital we add some depth.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:14

Quote:

RossF, Sat 17 Sep 19:08

As most have said - a game of two halves today. First half was the worst we`ve played this season. Falkirk showed much more hunger and we were lucky to go in only 1 down. It amazing how much things can change at half time. We were the better team but as much as we were better than Falkirk, Falkirk were nowhere near as bad as we were in the first. We had so many chances to win the game today. Mochrie`s chance would have been one of the best goals I`ve seen at East End if he`d put that in. Scoring seemed the easy part after all his good work beforehand! Benedictus was solid today. The best thing I can say about him is that he reminded me of Norrie. He gives it his all and battles all game. Best captain we`ve had in a long time. Taking the penalty a ballsy move for a centre back also but it was brilliantly taken.

I`m gutted we have no game for a fortnight now but I seriously hope we bring in some bodies before the Peterhead game. Once again it was clear how light we look on the bench and it is absolutely vital we add some depth.

Agreed re the squad , Falkirk have strength in depth and can change the way they play because of that, whereas we have very limited options. The winter months will also see injuries and suspensions so our ability to stay on top of the pile could absolutely be dependent on us getting a few more players in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:16

no idea how many he took but he was Raith`s penalty taker for a while

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:20

Also, without stating obvious, showed how thinly spread we are.

If we had adequate cover i dare day Breen would have came off 10 minutes before he did, likewise Todorov and MacDonald who were out on their feet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:23

Also if the higlights allow i`d love to see that bit of skill from their striker early in 2nd half where he took a long ball just near the dugouts and managed to take it clean out of the air and into his full running stride whilst spinning away from Breen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:23

What a great game of football that was, played at such pace and intensity. Pity we couldn`t get a winner, but as football goes that`s the best game I`ve seen for a good while.

Falkirk were very good in the first half and we just couldn`t get near them. Our midfield just couldn`t cope and I felt our set-up was just wrong. They played quick, direct passes and were very effective with it. On the break they were ripping us to bits and it wasn`t a surprise that their goal came from a break after our corner. We were always trying to push on, which just left huge spaces. We were also committing to tackles we weren`t getting anywhere near, which left even more space. When they had such a quick, direct forward, that just wasn`t effective for us at all. Mochrie has potential to contribute with the ball, but in the first half he was a huge handicap because he just wasn`t contributing defensively and it was defensive work that was most needed.

Good turnaround at half time. We weren`t so completely dominant as Falkirk had been before half-time, but we were the better side in the second half and probably had more decent chances than Falkirk managed when they were on top. We seemed slightly deeper which gave them less space behind us, and we were able to build from there, especially as they tired a bit later in the game. An example of how being better at the defensive side gives a platform for better attack.

Had it been up to me, I`d have had Hamilton on for Mochrie after about 20 minutes, and certainly would have done so at half time. However, he was a different player after half-time and was genuinely impressive. I haven`t been too impressed by him since his move a more central position, but that second half shows he might be able to contribute there. However, he does have to contribute defensively when required, as the first half wasn`t good enough from him.

While I wanted to win, sometimes it`s nice to just appreciate the good things about our game. For two sides who have had a crap time of it of late, it`s very much a good thing that they were able to put on such a good game with a big crowd. I`ve often argued that good well-contested low-scoring game can be far more engaging than one with loads of goals, and today was an example of that. Although there is loads of poor fare, the odd game like that just makes Scottish fitba such a great thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:10

Great Post Socks agree with all you posted. Very entertaining game of football just a pity we could not have snatched the win.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:15

Don’t agree with the Chalmers assessment. Thought he had a good game. McDonald also.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:49

Personally thought that the Airdrie match was a better game of football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:55

Nothing much I can add to what has been posted above.

We were rank rotten FH and good SH.

I predicted a 1-1 in the hope we might have sneaked it 2-1.

Thought overall we deserved it , however it could have been game over at HT we were so bad.

As much as it pains me I think we saw the league champions today……they were playing in red….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:59

You must be a bit of a desperado coming out with that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:00

Quote:

JTH123, Sat 17 Sep 20:49

Personally thought that the Airdrie match was a better game of football.

I thought the overall standard of the Airdrie game was better, too. Today`s game had more goalmouth incidents, which made it more exciting, but it was also more error strewn and possession was often given away more cheaply, more often. And the Pars played well over 90 mins, rather than just the 2nd half.

Still a great watch all the same,

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:03

Topic Originator: Paralex like
Date: Sat 17 Sep 20:59

You must be a bit of a desperado coming out with that.

Just my opinion….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:05

Agree with you Gordon. Great game to watch.

Adrenaline-fuelled and emotionally-charged - and that was just me! 😉

Still top o the table.

Mon the Paaaars!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Sat 17 Sep 21:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stevie Nicks  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:33

Draw was probably a fair result IMHO as neither team took their chances.

I would say that from where I sit in The Norrie though It definitely looked like the ball went out on the left hand side in the build up to their goal and we should have been given a throw in.

“It’s not the name and number on the back of the shirt that counts… it’s the badge on the front”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:54

Topic Originator: Stevie Nicks like
Date: Sat 17 Sep 22:33

Draw was probably a fair result IMHO as neither team took their chances.

I would say that from where I sit in The Norrie though It definitely looked like the ball went out on the left hand side in the build up to their goal and we should have been given a throw in.

I thought the same and would like to see it again…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:34

My thoughts too I was sure it was well out however you should play to the whistle and that`s what Falkirk did
Hope to see it better on the highlights
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 00:52

Just seen their goal on twitter. The ball doesn`t appear to go over the line for a throw in. Looks like it`s on the line.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 01:16

The minute`s silence was beautifully observed on Pars TV...

Burty switched off the sound! Haha!

:)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 02:19

The first half was truly horrible, but the second was a cracker to watch. Great atmosphere. The ref was a wee bit batty, but other than that, this was as good a derby game as you could ask for. End-to-end stuff. It could have gone either way in the last 10 minutes and to be honest, I was quite relieved to hear the final whistle.

Surely now, everyone agrees that our subs bench is threadbare and that we desperately need at least a couple of good quality loans in sooner rather than later. To claim otherwise is either naive or just plain daft.

We can win this league, but not with a squad the size it is now. One or two more injuries in the first team and we are out of acceptable options. It is critical that we get some depth for we cannot rely on our kids to fill the gaps. Already, we have a growing injury list and we haven`t reached winter yet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 04:58

A really good game for neutrals. Grangemouth had all the chances in first half I`d say we made them look better than they were. Whatever was said at half time worked as we started well and came into it. Draw probably a fair result but shows not much between the teams in this league.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 07:31

"What were the two chances Falkirk should have scored in the first half? I don`t remember them having a decent shot on target that Mehmet had to save."

A good chance doesn`t necessarily have to be a shot on target the keeper saves though, does it? It literally means a chance to score. If you looked at XG, their two in the first half would probably both have higher values than the two that we had off the post. The two big ones were when Burrell got to the bye line and cut it back to McGuffie in acres of space but he got his body shape all wrong and screwed it horribly wide, and the free header from the corner which just went past Mehmet`s right hand post. They also had the goalmouth scramble from another corner where we got a couple of blocks in and managed to clear it eventually.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 08:53

I forgot the Golden Rule of .net; when the opposition miss chances it`s bad luck (or our good luck) but when we miss chances it`s poor play!😀😀😀

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 09:03

Never said it was. Falkirk had three good chances in the first half, we had three good chances in the second half (two off the post, one just wide). Their chances were more clear cut IMO and had they taken even one of them we`d have been 2 down before half time in a game that we were very much second best in. I`m not sure any of that is controversial or debatable really? Credit where its due, we were better in the second half but we were awful in the first and could have easily been 2 or 3 down. We were the team in the ascendancy for most of the second half bur they still had chances on the break, especially in the last 10 minutes. Both managers will probably consider it two points dropped.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 09:11

Everything in football`s debatable apart from the final score. That`s why we have a forum.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 09:28

Quote:

kelty_par, Sun 18 Sept 09:03

Never said it was. Falkirk had three good chances in the first half, we had three good chances in the second half (two off the post, one just wide). Their chances were more clear cut IMO and had they taken even one of them we`d have been 2 down before half time in a game that we were very much second best in. I`m not sure any of that is controversial or debatable really? Credit where its due, we were better in the second half but we were awful in the first and could have easily been 2 or 3 down. We were the team in the ascendancy for most of the second half bur they still had chances on the break, especially in the last 10 minutes. Both managers will probably consider it two points dropped.

Spot on.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:58

The Chalmers and McCann efforts weren`t chances, but they were fantastic efforts.

Whereas Falkirk did have very good chances, but had abysmal efforts.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net