DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Minutes silence
Topic Originator: kozmanout  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:05

One of the poorest observed that I can remember, loads of noise from both sets of fans with a definite F the Queen coming from the away end towards the end.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Minutes silence
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:08

It was a bit cringe, but absolutely no one interesting cares.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:11

I’m sure the royal family won’t be too upset…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:12

So what, it was purely political so in a crowd of 7000 you’re bound to get some dissenters who want to make a point. If it was for someone connected with either club I wouldn’t feel this way, but it is what it is.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:13

The NW section were an absolute disgrace they are becoming as bad as the green brigade
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:17

It barely lasted half a minute; probably one of the better decisions the ref made all afternoon.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:20

Not a single minute silence around Scotland today would have been perfect. & a lot worse happened around the country than that at EEP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:24

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 17 Sept 19:13

The NW section were an absolute disgrace they are becoming as bad as the green brigade

The club has just tweeted "Another outstanding support this afternoon #DAFC fans" along with 4 photos. 3 of which are of the NW section. Seems like the club disagree with you.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:26

I don`t care what other clubs do but we had the opportunity to show respect to the greatest monarch we have ever had and certain people spoilef that today i hope the clubs take action against these individuals
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:26

Didn`t cover themselves in glory at the equaliser either, looked like one of the female stewards got planted on their backside during the celebrations.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:28

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 17 Sep 19:26

I don`t care what other clubs do but we had the opportunity to show respect to the greatest monarch we have ever had and certain people spoilef that today i hope the clubs take action against these individuals

Trying too hard.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:29

Topic Originator: dafc-chris1 like
Date: Sat 17 Sep 19:13

Tbh I don’t think they were even aware it had started due to the fact they could not see due to the display or hear due to the poor tannoy system.
Anyway thank god all that nonsense is over with. I happily sat down and switched of for the 34 seconds that it lasted.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:38

Unfortunately, some people just don`t know how to, or are simply not willing to behave themselves. Fortunately, most of these people are just daft wee laddies who will grow out of it.

As I said on here during the week, I`m no fan of the monarchy and did not wish to take part in any tribute to the queen today. For that reason, I simply sat quietly during the minute`s silence - quite a few others around me did likewise. Not difficult.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:42

Close that section for the next home game that will teach them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:52

Quote:

Ormiston_Par, Sat 17 Sep 19:38

Unfortunately, some people just don`t know how to, or are simply not willing to behave themselves. Fortunately, most of these people are just daft wee laddies who will grow out of it.

As I said on here during the week, I`m no fan of the monarchy and did not wish to take part in any tribute to the queen today. For that reason, I simply sat quietly during the minute`s silence - quite a few others around me did likewise. Not difficult.

Agree with this apart from the sitting quietly bit. I stood and paid my respects although I`m no royalist.
As regards the idiots in the North West that couldn`t be respectful, I`m reminded of the old saying "nivver drink on an empty heid".
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:56

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 17 Sep 19:42

Close that section for the next home game that will teach them

Let’s not forget why they are there in the first place. Section L closed due to them being unable to behave so now congregate at opposite side. Clearly big gaps of free seats in a “sold out” stand meaning large overcrowding.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 19:58

Is dafc Chris HH by chance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:13

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 17 Sep 19:13

Got to agree the north west disgrace our club week in week out. A female steward knocked over a absolute idiot entering the field, and the minute silence was the worst I have witnessed

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:16

Quote:

JnrB, Sat 17 Sept 19:28

Quote:

Trying too hard.

Way too hard

link to Facebook [\url]

Post Edited (Sat 17 Sep 20:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:22

The term “ the silent majority” applied today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:27

Quote:

Taxipar, Sat 17 Sept 20:13

Quote:

Got to agree the north west disgrace our club week in week out. A female steward knocked over a absolute idiot entering the field, and the minute silence was the worst I have witnessed

You okay mate?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:40

Quote:

Taxipar, Sat 17 Sept 20:13

Quote:

Surely the female job was doing her job then? Or was she too violent and that is what you`re not happy about?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:40

Some knicker wetting on here. At the end of the day it was always going to be controversial in Scotland regardless.

As I said earlier I genuinely believe that the noise coming from the NW was due to the fact that they were so boisterous that they did not hear the announcement……..or did not care……I for one understand that.

I personally could not pay respect to an individual or a family that did not care a jot about the citizens of the country.

Thank god all this garbage will soon be over……

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 20:51

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 17 Sep 20:22

The term “ the silent majority” applied today.

And that’s why I don’t like minute silence… you either break it (and labelled a disgrace) or by default you observe it wether you wish to or not.

like others I sat quietly looking at the line ups for the game on my phone, albeit grudging that my silence would be interpreted as me paying respect

Post Edited (Sat 17 Sep 20:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:06

Yes DBP - abstaining is a non option in these circumstances.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:12

And it’s precisely for that reason that people shouldn’t get upset when others make their own mind up and decided not to observe…

That’s why applause is better, those that want to can, and those that don’t have an option not to
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:13

Whoever posted that statement on behalf of the club needs a serious word with themselves. I would hope someone in a more senior position makes an apology on behalf of the club both for such a shocking statement and also for the behaviour of our very own group of numpties trying to be hard men.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:14

Disgraceful behaviour during the minutes silence from a few fans of both teams

It should have been a minutes applause, problem solved

Royalist or not, respect for an individual recently deceased should transcend all of that

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:40

“I happily sat down and switched of”

Did you stand up before you sat down to make to make it known that you were sitting down to make the point that you weren’t going to stand?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:40

When we equalised the players ran over and celebrated with the fans in the NW. Obviously the players weren`t wetting the bed over the signing from the NW. Judging by the tweet on Twitter from the official account, neither are the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:45

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 17 Sep 21:40

When we equalised the players ran over and celebrated with the fans in the NW. Obviously the players weren`t wetting the bed over the signing from the NW. Judging by the tweet on Twitter from the official account, neither are the club.

Finally a signing!

Episode 2 of East End Tales is out with Jim Leishman!

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:48

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sat 17 Sept 21:45

Quote:

Kessel, Sat 17 Sep 21:40

Finally a signing!

I hear he`ll playing up front. 15 stone but better than we have already 👍🏿
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:49

Topic Originator: Parboiled like
Date: Sat 17 Sep 21:40

“I happily sat down and switched of”

Did you stand up before you sat down to make to make it known that you were sitting down to make the point that you weren’t going to stand?

Yes indeed. I stood up then immediately sat down. Maybe you were sat next to me…before you stood up, then sat down again…after 34 cringeworthy seconds…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:50

Don`t be a prat. It`s not about making a point - it`s about the choice of whether to participate or not. The only ones looking for attention today were those who deliberately disrupted the minute`s silence. The middle ground between that, and observing the silence impeccably is simply to sit quietly.

This is still (supposedly) a free country. People shouldn`t be judged on something as trivial as choosing not to observe a minute`s silence while remaining respectful.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:02

Nobody will ever agree on this thread. Non starter.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:06

I happily missed it all as I was being sent from the NW turnstiles to the NE turnstiles for no discernible reason at the time. An utterly baffling decision from whoever was in charge, seeing as we all ended up in the NW anyway, but it avoided the awkwardness of trying to sign "a bridie please" during the silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:10

Everyone`s entitled to an opinion, but I`d hoped there would have been a bit of respect shown today.

Whether you like the monarchy or not is a bit late as it`s been around for 1,000 years.

Sure you may like a change of direction but that`s a question to go forward with. I would say that with the crowds out in Scotland last Sunday there is more people interested than some people think.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:18

Apparently, around 30,000 people queued up to see the Queen lying in state in Edinburgh. For comparison purposes, Murrayfield holds 67,000.

A decent amount of those people will have been tourists, or people travelling up specially from the North of England.

And some went round the queue more than once....

Post Edited (Sat 17 Sep 22:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:40

Should never have been a thing in the first place. It`s a game of football FFS. All these silences/applauses need to stop. What has the Queen or King got to do with a game of football? Nothing. If you want to celebrate the Queen`s life then do it in your own time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:43

Quote:

jake89, Sat 17 Sept 22:40

Should never have been a thing in the first place. It`s a game of football FFS. All these silences/applauses need to stop. What has the Queen or King got to do with a game of football? Nothing. If you want to celebrate the Queen`s life then do it in your own time.

Same could be said for any minutes silence / applause for anyone else it is done for?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:44

^^^ agreed. (With jake 89).

Post Edited (Sat 17 Sep 22:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:47

Quote:

NikNakPar, Sat 17 Sept 22:43
Same could be said for any minutes silence / applause for anyone else it is done for?

In fairness, most minutes silences at football games tend to be for people associated either with one of the clubs playing, or the game in general.

Outside of that, it would only tend to happen for someone very prominent or high profile, like for example a head of state.

I can`t remember too many silences over the years being held for non-football people, however I may stand to be corrected on that...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:52

Topic Originator: brian like
Date: Sat 17 Sep 22:10

Everyone`s entitled to an opinion, but I`d hoped there would have been a bit of respect shown today.

Whether you like the monarchy or not is a bit late as it`s been around for 1,000 years.

Sure you may like a change of direction but that`s a question to go forward with. I would say that with the crowds out in Scotland last Sunday there is more people interested than some people think.

There are far more people……NOT interested……as I have yet to meet ONE….seriously not one single person I have met gives a toss.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 22:57

Just about everyone I know does give a toss

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:06

Like many on here I believe that football is an escape from the inescapable reality of everyday life. It`s the one place we can come together despite our differences.

To be forced to acknowledge something outside of the football world is an imposition. As Socks explained about a week ago, when we worship something outside of DAFC we are lackeys to the establishment line.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:16

Quote:

NikNakPar, Sat 17 Sept 22:43

Quote:

jake89, Sat 17 Sept 22:40

Pretty much. My view would be it should be reserved for the death of a player or manager.

What we`re now seeing in the UK is a mixture of guilting people into mourning and people competing to see who is the most mournful.

Today the ref added 6 minutes on to ensure we played a minute for every year if the Queen`s life. Too far 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:22

I’d be more inclined to urge the few idiots in Section North West to stop launching missiles at opposition players during games. Utterly moronic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:25

Quote:

brian, Sat 17 Sep 22:10

Slavery had been around much, much longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:30

I stayed silent simply out of respect to someone dying and the 6000 odd people who stood up for it today. I think booing it is pathetic and cheap. The excuse that its an anti monarchy protest is bollox, seeing as this will be their only protest until the next one dies. Well done.

What makes today even worse is I don`t think it was even an anti-monarchy protest. I think it was just people being fannies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:31

Agree.^^
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 00:24

Sad reflection on life that some who do not like cannot stay quiet for 60 seconds.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 00:47

The silent majority also didn’t bother their backside with the queen and recent events either.

As for today, whether they are in section L or the cage or wherever - there will always be an unhealthy amount of ballsacks in our support.

The thing that worried me the most about today, and they better get it sorted, is the amount of items thrown at the linesman from that area. Watched by Police Scotlands finest, I would suspect a few knocks on the door are on their way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 07:37

A minutes silence should be for players or staff who were involved at one of the two clubs involved, or at a push someone from the national team.

There should be a minutes silence at the game closest to November 11th Rememberence Day - not one for every club to have at their home game nearest meaning it stretches on for weeks.

There is a National Silence at 8pm tonight for anyone who wants to have a moment of reflection for the Queen, so there is no need to have one at any other time or place.

It should be quite straightforward but for some reason people don`t want to upset the Daily Mail crowd these days

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 08:27

You can’t say no to minute silences for non football related matters, and then in the same sentence promote one for another non football matter?

For me it’s either one or the other…

there’s already a time set for that minute silence on Nov 11, so why do we need another one, on a different day, because a football match is about to start?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 08:44

I don`t actually agree with a minutes silence for Rememberence Day either but it`s almost become traditional now with the poppy etc too so I`m willing to grandfather it in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 08:47

Firstly I don’t agree with minute silences at a football game outwith it being football related. People can display their opinions however they want and with a game that was as energy charged as yesterday the last thing people are thinking about is an auld wummin they don’t know… plus the speakers are shocking so by the time a few of us got in we didn’t realise it had started
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:07

To be fair the folk in the North West had the display up so wouldn’t of seen that it was starting, plus they were singing and the Tannoy system in the ground is 💩. Did hear a few boo’s and chants from the away end and someone shouting f**k the Queen from where I was in the Main Stand

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:16

Quote:

brian, Sat 17 Sep 22:10

True and most of that time they have murdered, raped ,pillaged, stolen and hidden cash. And we are expected to revere them………lol

I am no subject of theirs and never will be. If you are happy being a subject then good luck to you.

Not defending people who made a noise during the minutes silence but as I said before and others have alluded to many fans in the NW did not know exactly when it started due to the terrible tannoy system we have and the display was still ongoing…

Post Edited (Sun 18 Sep 10:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:43

You don`t really have to be a "subject" of anyone to show a bit of respect and decency when they pass away.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:47

I think some people missing the point. Not saying who I support or not.

You have no idea what your forebears did (not that I`m agreeing with your comments)

History is history, people have a much better way nowadays going forward and you can see the world changing as time goes on.

Post Edited (Sun 18 Sep 10:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:52

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 18 Sep 10:43

You don`t really have to be a "subject" of anyone to show a bit of respect and decency when they pass away.

👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:58

I noticed a bunch of NW heroes stayed behind after the final whistle to shout abuse at some Falkirk players warming down (or whatever it’s called) - the visitors looked totally bemused - probably more used to it from their own support.
Would have been better done up the other end of the park - maybe a deliberate decision for the wind up ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:04

I`m personally glad there was some disruption. I sat quietly, but in my younger days I might have reacted differently. The Queen/monarchy has nothing to do with football and with around 40% against, it`s an understandable reaction to the imposition.

United and Hibs fans also showed their feelings https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62942308. Interesting that only The Rangers had a minute`s silence. All other premiership games had a minute`s applause.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:16

Quote:

What about if you don`t feel like they deserve any respect? If you strongly oppose what they (and those who encourage compliance) represent?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:59

I sat quiet as a mouse. Not as a mark of respect but it not the time or the place for me to voice an opinion about the Monarchy at a football match.

The Queen has gone and hopefully the country can return to a semblance of normality on Tuesday.

The King? Won’t get an ounce of respect from me. Taking suitcases full of cash from Arabs, and sacking over 100 of his loyal subject/servants without batting an eyelid. Self righteous pompous oafs the lot of them.
Republicans deserve to be heard. No place for a Monarchy like we have in the 21st century.

If you watch Tony Robinson documentary about the royals it turns out that Edward 4th was illegitimate so the Tudor line should have ended and the Hastings should have been in line to the throne. Which meant that everyone from Henry 8th…I think right up to today should not have been monarchs at all.

So those who held placards up saying Not my King are actually correct…..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 12:37

Ok say i decide to disrupt the minute silence in game our ahead of rememberance sunday then nobody should have an issue with that as that is also a non football matter
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 12:52

Shouldn’t be a minutes silence in nov at a football match anyway.

There’s an official date and time for that where people can show their respects should they wish to.

I know the bbc presenters all seem to be wearing funeral gear for the last couple of days and in a month the poppy fascists will be out in force… so where does it end? Is it ok to only allow people wearing poppies in the ground in that day?

There are lots of reasons why someone would object to the politicisation of the whole poppy/remembrance day and all the associated things it’s now used for…

so are you saying they should be forced to be comply and are not allowed to voice there opinion, but sit and be silent and comply with others demonstrating their opposing view?

Post Edited (Sun 18 Sep 12:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 13:00

Quote:

fcda, Sun 18 Sep 11:16

Quote:

What about if you don`t feel like they deserve any respect? If you strongly oppose what they (and those who encourage compliance) represent?

Then boo and scream abuse and cry like a wee bairn then. Go for it. If you feel that strongly make a right tit out of yourself.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 13:01

I’m sure they said the tannoy system wasn’t important or something along those lines at that meeting at the club not so long ago. You’d think they’d try to get a better one in considering it’s all to do with the match day experience. You can’t even hear the music most of the time. Has to be one of the worst in Scottish football. No wonder the guys behind the flag couldn’t hear when the silence started.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 13:06

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 18 Sep 13:00

Quote:

Quote:

Then boo and scream abuse and cry like a wee bairn then. Go for it. If you feel that strongly make a right tit out of yourself.

Thanks for your blessing. Your characterisation speaks volumes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 14:08

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 18 Sept 13:00

Quote:

Quote:

So someone disagrees with your opinion and they`re a "right tit"? Stay classy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 14:29

Bet they will gladly take the holiday though 😉

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 14:39

Quote:

DBA, Sun 18 Sep 14:08

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 18 Sept 13:00

Quote:

Quote:

So someone disagrees with your opinion and they`re a "right tit"? Stay classy.

Standing up and shouting and singing in a crowd full of people being quiet. Yeah I`d say that in that moment you`re a right tit. And a left (don`t want to leave any tits out)

Post Edited (Mon 19 Sep 00:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KeithFE  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 14:44

I was OK with it and willing to haud ma whesht till I saw they had postponed Guinea Pig Appreciation Week for the funeral. Too far!

(Too soon? I think there shouldn`t have been a minutes silence as the Queen had nothing to do with the Pars, Falkirk or football in general but once the club did decide to have it I would have observed it because I wouldn`t want to show Dunfermline up.)

Keith fae Aberdeen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 15:00

The vast majority of the NW were caught up in the derby atmosphere and could not see the minutes silence happening but did quieten down when they realised unfortunately a lot of other fans by that point had started booing them, not great!

There were a few anti Queen shouts then the ref finished the 30 second silence. Most people round me were not royalist but did keep quiet for the period, but a silence for the Queen was never going to be 100% observed in Scotland especially in Scottish football with the association the Queen and Union Jack has up here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 15:22

Postponing Guinea Pig Awareness Week has massively increased the awareness of Guinea Pig Awareness Week, so well played. C’mon the Guinea Pigs!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 16:02

Yep. I asked when it could be repaired and was told the cost was something in the region of £46k and that money would be better spent on players etc, but it was something that was on the radar.

As for the minute’s silence being observed I too thought the NW lads just weren’t aware of it starting because of the banner, and once those around them / nearby made them aware they became quieter. This doesn’t excuse the continued shouts heard elsewhere.

The Falkirk faithful in the top left hand corner were also still singing at the same time but unless I’m mistaken they didn’t drop the volume until much later (and one or two “F the Q” were clearly audible).
You’re probably not aware that a handful of their fellow supporters, seated on the right hand side nearest the main stand, made hissing noises. I heard them on my way to the kiosk prior to KO.

When it comes to the Royal Family there’s no middle ground - you either appreciate them or hate what they stand for. You can’t please everybody.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 21:00

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sun 18 Sep 14:29

Bet they will gladly take the holiday though 😉

It`s telling that "what shops are open tomorrow" is trending higher on Google than "what time is the funeral".

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 21:13

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 18 Sep 14:39

Standing up and shouting and singing in a crowd full of people being quiet. Yeah I`d say that I`m that moment you`re a right tit. And a left (don`t want to leave any tits out)

Read that back to yourself. Still nothing?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 23:34

The suggestion that people in the NW were unaware the silence had started because of the banner is utter nonsense (and actually, rather insulting).

Everybody knew in advance that there would be a minute`s silence before yesterday`s game. It was announced on the PA system before it started as well.

Let`s not kid ourselves on - the people in the NW tend to be of a certain mindset. Their intention was to deliberately disrupt the silence yesterday, and that`s exactly what they did.

As I`ve said elsewhere, a lot of these individuals are either unwilling or incapable of behaving like civilised human beings. What some would call "being a passionate supporter", I would more accurately describe as "behaving like a total a**ehole".

Fortunately, most will eventually grow out of that sort of behaviour, but they`ll only be replaced by the next generation of daft wee laddies.

Let me put it this way - my 9 year old son comes to the games with me these days, and I don`t want him anywhere near that lot.

Morons.

Post Edited (Sun 18 Sep 23:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 00:10

Point blank fact: tannoy system is useless.
However, anyone with even a brain cell would have known there would be one
You’d have thought that the players lining up on the centre circle and the red blowing his whistle might have been a clue. Tannoy doesn’t work in main stand either; but there was no issue there. There were also no objects thrown at linesman from main stand either.

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 06:30

I was in the main stand and had an issue… the fact that we were doing it in the first place
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 07:27

Just the one?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 08:31

During the minutes silence? yeah
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 08:46

There was something thrown at the F,,,irk goal scorer , presumably from the main stand

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 08:56

"When it comes to the Royal Family there’s no middle ground - you either appreciate them or hate what they stand for. You can’t please everybody."

It`s not as straightforward as that polarised position Buffy.

Yes, at one end of the spectrum there are committed Royalists - and at the other extreme the equally motivated anti Monarchy. The latter especially are a loose coalition of different mindsets, from political left wingers through to Republicans and Nationalists.

In the middle are the ambivalent, generally indifferent to the whole issue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 10:01

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 17 Sept 19:26

Do you believe that because the BBC and Daily Mail told you?

The greatest monarch we have ever had was Robert the Bruce.

It`s boring reading the tears of a simpleton. Section North West has breathed new life in the ground and provides much needed atmosphere and more importantly gives teenagers a reason to go to games, creating a pipeline of supporters who hopefully develop a lifetime love for the Pars. Not easy when our society has become obsessed with glory hunting more glamorous teams on Sky Sports or similar.

There`s always going to be a need to police the more challenging behaviour this brings, but over reacting to the online whingeing of sad little men who contribute nothing themselves is not a direction I`d like to see the club take.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 10:09

Well said Mr Daltrey.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 10:28

Quote:

Awwwwww what a wee shame hope your ok hun

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 10:41

Quote:

back oh the net, Mon 19 Sep 10:28

Quote:

No action should be taken obviously but this response is pretty bloody immature and unnecessary

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 11:41

Nesbitt appeared to be pelted with a few things when taking a corner in front of the NW, just as well all the kids down there are the vaping generation and it wasn`t anything potentially dangerous like a fag lighter.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 19:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 19 Sep 10:41

Quote:

back oh the net, Mon 19 Sep 10:28

Quote:

No action should be taken obviously but this response is pretty bloody immature and unnecessary

Don’t worry about it am no

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Tue 20 Sep 13:58

SFA have announced a minutes applause at tomorrows game, when will this ever end?
I sat quietly at our game, but how many do we need, we’ve had a game cancelled, one at ours, a national one then one at the funeral! Now another, not seeing that I can’t complain during this one, or do I have to obey them indefinitely, say walk into Tesco next Thursday to be told at 19:13 we are holding one!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Sep 14:04

I can`t help but feel someone at the SFA, for whatever reason, wants to put the TA in a horrible position.
An absolutely farcical decision and I hope its shat all over.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Sep 15:43

At this point I do wish they would just leave well enough alone. A minute`s applause before tomorrow evening`s Scotland game is not going to go well, however it will go better than a minute`s silence would.

Some will applaud, some won`t applaud and I expect there will be a minority of morons trying to actively disrupt it. It`ll all end up being a bit of a farce.

I`ll be sitting quietly just as I did on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Sep 13:28

This is the first Scotland game after the death of one of our best goalkeepers in recent memory, Andy Goram. If people want to protest, perhaps a chorus of "One Andy Goram" (or "Two Andy Gorams" if you remember that particular story) would be more appropriate?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 21 Sep 13:33

I think we all need to protest abt the amount of protests going abt 😠

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 06:53

Booing was far louder than the clapping last night which was disappointing but not unexpected.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 07:46

Quote:

P, Thu 22 Sep 06:53

Booing was far louder than the clapping last night which was disappointing but not unexpected.

Why was it disappointing?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 09:08

Quote:

EastEndTales, Thu 22 Sep 07:46

Quote:

Because while I dislike the monarchy greatly I don’t turn into a blubbering wreck because others want 60 seconds to clap her 🤷🏻

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 09:14

Quote:

P, Thu 22 Sep 09:08

Quote:

EastEndTales, Thu 22 Sep 07:46

Quote:

Because while I dislike the monarchy greatly I don’t turn into a blubbering wreck because others want 60 seconds to clap her 🤷🏻

Booing is hardly a blubbering wreck.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 09:22

Suspect the booing was more aimed at the SFA decision to hold this rather than against the monarchy.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Thu 22 Sep 09:43

I dunno, I was high up in the South stand and thought the booing was pretty tame considering there were 45000 or whatever. Certainly looked like the vast majority were clapping.

I remember when the Celtic fans booed Fergus McCann when he unfurled the flag that stopped 10 in a row (greatest fans in the world). That was the loudest noise I`ve ever heard in a stadium. It wasn`t even close to that.

Post Edited (Thu 22 Sep 09:43)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net