DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fitness levels
Topic Originator: fly boy  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:10

I’m concerned at the amount of players today in the last 10 minutes who looked dead on their feet, some of the younger lads too who should be able to run all day. I’d hate to see them in an extra time situation. MacDonald is also slower than an oil tanker turning in the Forth. Third tier player at best.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fitness levels
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:32

I’m not concerned, it was an intense game and both sides had players struggling near the end.

We out work and out fight teams nearly every week. It’s not fitness or work rate that’s the issue, it’s that due to lack of options on the bench we can’t take players off once they’ve emptied the tank and bring on more energy that would help the others who are getting close.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:37

Topic Originator: pars4life1 like
Date: Sat 17 Sep 21:32

I’m not concerned, it was an intense game and both sides had players struggling near the end.

We out work and out fight teams nearly every week. It’s not fitness or work rate that’s the issue, it’s that due to lack of options on the bench we can’t take players off once they’ve emptied the tank and bring on more energy that would help the others who are getting close.

What? You mean the fact that we have not signed a few quality players as we were promised?

You mean that the team with “ One of the largest budgets in the league” has failed to significantly improve its squad.

It’s going to bite us……

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 21:46

An oil tanker in the Forth would have at least two tugs assisting it....
Sorry....i went aw nautical again 🙄

Admin
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net