DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Body Searches
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:02

Is it appropriate for males to be body searched by female stewards, as was the case for those of us going through the NW turnstiles today? If so, would it be appropriate if it was the other way round?

I don`t fault the two who were given this job - they both tried to do it with respect - but to me it did not feel right. I`m interested to know if it`s just me who felt that way, or if others who were subjected to this also felt uncomfortable with it.

On a related point, is it appropriate to search those going through the NW turnstiles, but not in any other part of the ground? If you`re going to impose it on everyone in one section rather than just a few who cause suspicion, surely it has to be done everywhere.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Body Searches
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:06

If it is inappropriate for a male to search a female then it is surely inappropriate for a female to search a male…

I think gender neutrals should do it….simples..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:16

I`d rather a female searched me to be honest 🙂 but i have been searched by a male before and didn`t bother me then either
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 17 Sep 23:32

Judging by the videos doing the rounds they must have been searching for people trying to smuggle chairs in!

Post Edited (Sat 17 Sep 23:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 00:22

Being street savvy is the answer, simply refuse for the female to touch you, it then becomes a civil situation where if they persist it is common assault. If they offer a male to search you what exactly are you trying to conceal that is an issue?

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 07:36

It’s only inappropriate if she’s a munter. I love double standards!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fly boy  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 08:31

Joking aside, it should only be the same sex searching the person. If that has occurred, then protocol has been breached.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 08:55

Quote:

General Zod, Sun 18 Sep 07:36

It’s only inappropriate if she’s a munter. I love double standards!

🤣🤣🤣👍
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 09:03

Shame they didn`t find any of the flares the Falkirk fans had.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 09:17

Perhaps the police told them not to check Scumkirk fans. Anyone else remember half time at Brocktub October 1978. Their fans faced us at halftime with carrier bags full of empty bottles. The police allowed them to throw the bottles at us. At no time had the police checked these louts.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 09:28

Females searching males didn`t bother me. What was out of order was them searching a wee boy who must have been about 5 or 6.
I challenged them on this not being appropriate and was told they had been ordered to by the police.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:05

Exactly jake89. My friend and her husband unfortunately sit right next to the NWS crowd, and have done for almost 40 years, and why should they move their seat. The lady friend was searched as was her husband , and I honestly think that was out of order. Season ticket holders for all that time , and being searched. ? If I had been asked to be searched , I would have refused.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:21

Well I knew the girl doing the frisking and she said she enjoyed it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:23

Just NW they were doing? At least two flares made it into the away end after all.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:45

I heard these smoke flares are about the size of a 50p piece.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:03

It wasn`t exactly touch your toes time!
And the guy even said to my daughter she could wait for the female to do the search.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:04

Children (under 16s) should not be getting body-searched. That`s just wrong.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:25

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sun 18 Sep 11:04

Prince Andrew disagrees.

Episode 2 of East End Tales is out with Jim Leishman!

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 13:02

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sun 18 Sep 11:04

These days it`s them that need searched more than anyone else

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 13:53

It seems that I`m in the minority in thinking this wasn`t really appropriate. That does surprise me a bit as, every time I`ve seen these situations before, everyone has been very careful to make sure that there is no bodily touching of someone of the opposite sex. If it was the other way round and I was asked to search hundreds of females in that way, I would be extremely uncomfortable with it - partly because of the implications of being accused of sexual assault were anyone to complain, and mainly because it would just feel very wrong.

The mention above of young children being subjected to the same thing is also a concern, and it does not feel right to me that this should happen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 15:14

I have a lot of sympathy with Socks` concerns.

A steward has no more powers than an ordinary citizen., so cannot insist on a search of any description - a steward must always ask and be given permission before commencing any search. In the case of children, permission should be asked of and given by the parent/guardian. So if anyone is uneasy about being searched (irresepective of the steward`s gender) they can refuse permission.

Or they can give only limited permission, eg:
- the search may only be an external pat-down, or
- the search may only be conducted by a steward of a specific gender, or
- the search may only by or in the presence of a police officer, or
- the contents of pockets and bags must not be made visible to anyone other than the person searching or a police officer

HOWEVER, the ground regulations give the Club the right to refuse admission to the ground, and if it came to a stand-off this could be the final result, so it`s in everyone`s interests to achieve a reasonable compromise.

Preventing any banned items from being brought into the ground is in all our interests, and I guess what is nothing more than a perfunctory pat-down or bag-search is about the least that can be done. The NW Stand is where fans are closest to the field of play and the players/officials, and it`s also in recent years where there have been incidents of pitch incursions and missiles - so it makes sense to conduct the searches there. Sadly, children or senior citizens can be used as "mules" to take in banned items, so they have to be subject to the searches as well.

By having a male and female steward conduct the searches the club probably tried to cater for those unhappy about a search being conducted by someone of a specific gender. Perhaps more notice should have been given beforehand that searches would be carried out - but that warning might have simply alerted offenders to hide their banned item more securely.

It`s a difficult balancing act between security and personal liberty, and sadly it`s often the case that the innocent majority have to put up with restrictions due to the behaviour of a minority.

Post Edited (Sun 18 Sep 15:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 17:34

The use of flares seems to be spreading. Fleetwood Town have just issued a statement saying that from now on anyone caught taking in or using pyrotechnics or smoke bombs either at their home ground or away from home will receive an automatic club ban. As it`s an offence they may also face criminal prosecution usually resulting in a football banning order. The ban extends to the accompanying parents or guardians of any children involved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 20:28

Refusing search = no access to stadium but maybe should have had more stewards but that costs money, and if doing searches then everyone has to be searched regardless of age.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net