DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Falkirk
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 10:29

link to highlights

Highlights up now

James Mcpake at 12.00

Kyle Benedictus at 2pm

from the ParsTV team

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Falkirk
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:15

There didn`t seem to be anything wrong with Falkirk`s goal.

Was it a pen? I must admit I wasn`t shouting for one at the time but in today`s game a challenge like that would be a foul anywhere else on the pitch and there wasn`t much dissent from the Falkirk players. I much prefer a penalty taker who smashes it rather than tries to make the keeper go the wrong way.

Chances at both ends but a combination of poor finishing and good defending kept the score at 1-1. Overall probably the most entertaining game of the season so far and hopefully it will persuade most of the `walk-up` fans to return.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 11:44

How they missed that chance at the end I don’t know. If the Falkirk guy had just stuck a leg out it was a goal. The pace of the ball just beat him thankfully for us.

Think a draw was fair …..but if Mochrie had put that one away who knows?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 12:15

ball might have been out for their goal but i think Comrie has to take the player out and stop the attack there or react to the run quicker. Falkirk showing though you dont have to leave a player up when defending a set piece to be a threat.

the penalty at the time i thought Todorov got totally wiped out but it isnt as bad as that, good finish from Benedictus.

Post Edited (Sun 18 Sep 12:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 12:42

Falkirk goal was cleverly worked. Our defence were suckered into attacking the player heading for the bye line & ignoring the runner. Someone should have been blocking his run.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 18 Sep 13:09

I think Comrie does try to take him out but just gets nowhere near it. It wasn`t his best game, as he seemed to be diving in all over the place and pulled out of position often. I had a better view than the camera and never considered that the ball had gone out. Difficult to tell if it`s offside or not, it looks very tight and Mochrie obviously doesn`t have a clue what he`s doing having got back to that position. Probably one where you just have to trust the linesman with a better view.

The penalty looks quite soft to me, as Todorov is already well on the way down. It`s not a terrible decision and I can see why he gave it, but I don`t think I`d be too happy if that was given against us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 20:22

Alternative Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBnVRIS_v6o

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: simo  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 20:50

Falkirk’s goal was perfectly fine from where I sit, about 20/25 yards out in the NW. Ball was in and Morrison looked onside.

Feel like you see what happens to Todorov happen fairly commonly but because he gets the ball across nothing is done. Wasn’t shouting for it but obviously delighted it was given.

Hamish French.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Tue 20 Sep 09:15

I never cared at the time as well but it definitely fell into `Would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch`. In fact if it was at the half way line we would probably all be screaming for the Falkirk player to be booked for a late challenge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 20 Sep 10:48

Falkirk player lunged in….and missed the ball. Penalty…

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net