DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 How many stands?
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 13:01

The question often comes up when Diddy teams play the Old Firm ,how many stands do you give them? Do you move season ticket holders to accommodate Old Firm fans and maximize revenue or stick to honouring your own fans and have empty seats.
St Mirren gave Cellic one less stand today therefore Cellic got 1600 less tickets ,yet we`re only 200 of a crowd down on last seasons game, so had 1300 extra home fans .
Did this help St Mirren get a result yesterday? ,as they hadn`t effectively given away home advantage.
I think Alan Burrows Motherwell GM had said around 20% of home season ticket holders don`t come to Old Firm games .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: How many stands?
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 13:04

Do you believe 1300 more home fans or Celtic fans bought tickets in the home end? Interesting to see with 3 minutes to go how many home fans were heading out early.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 19 Sep 23:53

Key thing with the St mirren policy was - it was a fans decision.

Good on them. I think it massively helped the get a result, and more clubs should be brave enough to do the same. Why give them every advantage.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 20 Sep 08:10

On the other hand, I mind when we beat Rangers 3 - 2 in the Scottish Cup under Kenny when they had the entire North West, East and probably most of the Main Stand.

Episode 2 of East End Tales is out with Jim Leishman!

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 20 Sep 12:28

Ah but EET, that was because the manager at the time was a wizard…

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net