DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Steven Bell
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 12:21

I thought I read somewhere that he has retired from professional football, but I don`t see anything about it on the Kelty Hearts website. Can anyone confirm this happened?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Steven Bell
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 12:22

Kelty hearts confirmed it on there Twitter page a few days ago.Retired with immediate effect seemingly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 14:29

That`s a pity. Was a player all right, if it wasn`t for terrible injuries who knows where he would have ended up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 16:34

All credit to him. Terrible injury with us but then kept himself in good shape and changed his game a bit which kept him playing to an older age than most.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 17:16

Always liked Bell. Shame about injuries. He`ll be a loss for Kelty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 17:24

Wish him all the best

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 21:27

One of my favourite players till he came back and stamped on Faz at East end.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 22:01

Aye, I liked Bell when he was here but when he came back, post first retirement, he seemed to want to be some sort of hate figure. Engaged in all sorts of nonsense whenever he was at East End.

Having said that, a mate of mine did some work with him and said he was a really sound guy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 27 Sep 22:20

I particularly remember the away leg of the play-off against Stranraer. He was an absolute fanny that night, as I told him at one point. Going in hard on opponents is OK if you`re prepared to take whatever sanctions might come - I`ve no problem with that at all. But you can`t do that then in the same game start going down and rolling about, as well as blatant diving. It was absolutely pathetic. I wish him no harm, but I lost a lot of sympathy for him that night having originally been really pleased to see him back playing.

That said, he looked to be turning into a good player at the start of 2010/11 before he got that bad injury at Cappielow. We`d been playing well up until that day, and we were on top in that game until the injury but were well beaten by the end. Suddenly our season seemed to turn downwards and not surisingly as he was absolutely key to it.

It is sad he`s eventually had to give it up and injuries that stop you competing can have a very severe affect on your emotional health, as I know from experience. And presumably it`s worse when that was your job, rather than just a recreational pursuit. I do wish him well, but I just can`t quite forget that night at Stair Park.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net