DAFC.net
Home 27 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chris Hamilton
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Sat 1 Oct 09:09

Chris Hamilton surely has to start for us this week. One of the better players at club. No good on the bench.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chris Hamilton
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sat 1 Oct 14:03

On the bench again but agree. One of our best players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 1 Oct 14:05

He will have to wait for his chance Chalmers and Todd playing well at the moment
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sat 1 Oct 14:23

That`s also true.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 1 Oct 14:53

Todd has been one of our best players so he isn’t getting dropped. Chalmers has hardly put a foot wrong most of the season either.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 1 Oct 17:53

Who`s our best holding midfielder? Hamilton
Who`s our best wide midfielder? Todd

Who does he play??

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 1 Oct 18:33

While chalmers has improved what I saw today was a player more suited to away games where you need to keep the ball instead of having to break teams down.

Playing slow safety sideways passes to keep the ball is pointless against the bottom of the league who sat in and we had under control of for 85 minutes.

He really could do with looking up a bit more rather than always just taking the easy option.

Hamilton looks a better player, noted the young lad from rangers appears to play in the middle when he came in….and what about fisher from Dundee?

Post Edited (Sat 01 Oct 18:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 05:08

He had to play sideways as none of our players are in the move if you watch the from players they are happy to stand beside the centre half and not look for or create space.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 08:14

Agree to an extent cammy, but there’s plenty times he doesn’t even look up, just plays it sideways.

We’re far too rigid, both chalmers and Todd sitting deep and relaying on mochrie to do everything creative going forward. Doesn’t help your relaying on McCann for intelligent runs in behind and toddy who makes the runs but is far to slow to then get onto the ball.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 09:24

Todd is our best "wide midfielder"?

at least Chalmers can pass the ball sideways, Hamilton struggles to even do that. is the suggestion Hamilton would have been a better option than Chalmers to open up the defence yesterday? if it is, he is not that type of player at all which should be pretty clear by now. unless they play two sitting midfielders in a 4231 like last season or go back to McPake`s 433 i dont see how Hamilton starts.

and Fisher is a centre half.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 11:52

Read my post again, gjs.

Todd was the deepest lying midfielder on many occasions yesterday.
I’m advocating that Hamilton play the holding role and Todd plays instead of Macdonald

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 02 Oct 11:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 12:13

You did say that Todd was our best wide midfielder but I haven`t seen any evidence of that. He had some good games towards the end of last season as an attacking full-back, but that`s very different to being used as a wide midfielder. I`m not sure if I`ve ever seen him play on the right of midfield - I`ve a vague memory of him drifting wide a few times last winter but I can`t remember if that was his position or he was over to cover. Either way, it was at a time when he was struggling and he certainly didn`t look impressive.

I don`t think he`s done too badly in a fairly deep central position this year. Both he and Chalmers did OK yesterday and were a loss when they went off.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 12:35

Socks, under the system employed by Hughes, his starting position was high up the pitch, akin to a midfielder, hence my assessment that he could play that position.
I thought he was good where Hughes deployed him

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 02 Oct 12:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 12:39

Also, on the flip side, you have Kyle being asked to play right midfield but he is better suited to playing full back

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 13:04

Yes, Todd generally started quite high up the pitch when he was playig at full-back last season but I still don`t think it`s the same as playing a wide midfield position. I`m not saying he`d be bad there and it might work, I just don`t think there`s any basis from what we`ve seen to say he`s our best wide midfield player.

Similar with the point about Kyle Macdonald. I don`t remember him playing right-back in a back 4 for us very often. From what I remember, he`s usually been the wide player when we`ve played 3 at the back, with a few games where he played yesterday. I don`t think his position yesterday suits him well either and that position has become a bit of a problem, as was obvious from both players who played there yesterday.

Is it worth trying Todd there with Hamilton coming back in midfield? Maybe, but it would be quite risky and a big decision from the manager to disrupt a midfield pairing that has started to look coherent.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net