DAFC.net
Home 06 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 McPake
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Sun 2 Oct 23:58

No drive or enthusiasm. So flat and no real passion. Looks like he is bored on the side lines for the majority of the match. What happened to the exciting football we were promised? For me we have been poor all season but we have rode our luck. First half Falkirk game we were shown up. Wighton looks about as passionate as the manager. My moneys on Alloa this weekend. Hope I’m proved wrong and I’m made to eat my words I really am. The players we got in are panic moves. Hamilton one of the best players in the league last year and he can’t get a game. No width and no real fight. Some will say I’m being negative. I would say I’m being realistic and I can see the demise on the way. Some money needs to be spent in January get someone who can put the ball in the net or some decent wingers to supply Todorov. I’ve held off from posting yesterday. 2-0 up in the 87 minute and ends up 2-2 school boy stuff.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 3 Oct 01:27

Very scathing remarks Tappies par and hardly justified, especially after a very disappointing result. In his post match interview he seemed as bewildered and disappointed as the rest of us with the capitulation in the last ten minutes. His enthusiasm is plain to see in the games we have won. But history proves that some of the most understated managers were actually the best.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 3 Oct 03:49

There are a number of obstacles to sucess in this league. I didnt think it was going to be easy for any new manager. Players he didnt sign, new wage structure, issues with attracting quality players, loan market instability, agents etc. I think he has done well under the circumstances as we are top of the league. Hopefully this is the base to build and improve on. Not everything is within his control and he will have to work within a framework with all its limitations. There will be ups and downs on the way but hopefully we will be at the top chsllenging for promotion this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 3 Oct 08:50

Disagree with the original post - in my opinion McPake has been a breath of fresh air. He clearly wants to play attractive attacking football but is severely hampered by the quality of his playing staff and in particular the lack of quality wide players. I am disappointed in our lack of signings but I’m sure my frustrations in this regard pale into insignificance against those of McPake’s - he can’t possibly admit it openly but I have no doubt that he is extremely unhappy that we weren’t able to get more players in.

Hopefully we hang in at or near the top until January and then have a more successful window.

Interesting to see both Dom Thomas and Steven Lawless getting rave reviews at their new clubs, currently sitting 1st and 2nd in the Championsip - I bet McPake would love to have both of them at the moment.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Oct 09:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 3 Oct 11:08

Quote:

AJ27, Mon 3 Oct 08:50

Disagree with the original post - in my opinion McPake has been a breath of fresh air. He clearly wants to play attractive attacking football but is severely hampered by the quality of his playing staff and in particular the lack of quality wide players. I am disappointed in our lack of signings but I’m sure my frustrations in this regard pale into insignificance against those of McPake’s - he can’t possibly admit it openly but I have no doubt that he is extremely unhappy that we weren’t able to get more players in.

Hopefully we hang in at or near the top until January and then have a more successful window.

Interesting to see both Dom Thomas and Steven Lawless getting rave reviews at their new clubs, currently sitting 1st and 2nd in the Championsip - I bet McPake would love to have both of them at the moment.

Good post, AJ. `Re your last paragraph, Lawless, after a bright start with us, faded into obscurity. Whether the blame was down to the player, the manager or a bit of both, we don`t know, but for all his talent, he was a massive disappointment over his whole time at EEP.

Thomas is also a fine player, but something went badly wrong and he ended up being a total Richard. Again was that solely his fault or his manager`s?

Is there a common denominator here? 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 3 Oct 11:26

We drew (felt like a loss) because of poor subs at the end imo. Not criticising those players, but they were brought on at the wrong time. That is the managers responsibility.

However, the first half was woeful. Lost shape and missed chance after chance. That can`t keep happening. Some of that is down to coaching, but the players need to listen and do what they`re taught in training and told from the dugout.

I don`t think Wighton is fit and really shouldn`t be playing. More serious injuries are the only reason he`s in right now imo. Again, not criticising the player here. He should ideally be resting and building up strength. Keeping on playing will make matters worse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 3 Oct 11:33

It was only a matter of time before someone said something negative about the manager`s demeanour. All we need now is for someone to question his fashion choices.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 3 Oct 12:39

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 3 Oct 11:33

It was only a matter of time before someone said something negative about the manager`s demeanour. All we need now is for someone to question his fashion choices.

He has a fair bit to go before he can match Jocky Scott, eck. Leaning against the outside of the dugout, repeatedly looking at his watch, stifling the odd yawn, looking for all the world as if he wanted to be somewhere else.

And he had the brass neck to demand his contract be paid up in full when he was inevitably sacked after throwing away promotion from an almost unassailable position in the last 6 games, including a home scudding from the already relegated Blue Brazil. 🙁

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Tue 4 Oct 12:23

Top of the league but because our manager doesn`t jump up and down like an idiot he`s not a good manager ?

That sums up this forum at times deary me.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net