DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Youssef Rossi
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:29

Youssef Rossi’s no changed.

Post Edited (Wed 05 Oct 12:29)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youssef Rossi
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:30

[https://sportnewsafrica.com/breve/la-caf-suspend-youssef-rossi-pour-faux-diplomes-dentraineur/]

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:31

Can’t do the link. Sorry

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:47

Quote:

gwh18, Wed 5 Oct 12:30

Post Edited (Wed 05 Oct 12:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:48

If you`re on a phone if you swap out the [ and ] around the URL for < and > It should work.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:48

https://sportnewsafrica.com/breve/la-caf-suspend-youssef-rossi-pour-faux-diplomes-dentraineur
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:49

Although it did take me two goes as I hadn`t noticed there were some bits to delete 🙈
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Squirrel Dodger  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 12:49

Here`s the translation:

Former Moroccan international Youssef Rossi, who has since become a coach, was banned from exercising any coaching activity for 5 years by the disciplinary jury of the Confederation of African Football (CAF). Youssef Rossi is accused of falsifying a coaching license allegedly obtained in Burkina Faso.
In the facts constituted through the letter of the CAF, the governing body of African football reported that it “received complaints concerning the falsification of the coaching license of Mr. Youssef Rossi. (...) It appeared that the date which is configured highlights the fact that the said license was falsified given that at the time the Burkinabè Football Federation could not issue "A" licenses in any way because it did not had not yet received approval from CAF. After verification, it turned out that CAF never recorded the said license in its database and that the Burkinabè Football Federation denied having produced such documents.
It is on the basis of these complaints and the documents received that the CAF Disciplinary Jury decided to open disciplinary proceedings which led to the suspension of Youssef Rossi.

Nae luck, Rossi, but couldn`t happen to a nicer person... He was a total bam to the Pars.

Beware of the squirrel
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 13:30

"Nae luck, Rossi, but couldn`t happen to a nicer person... He was a total bam to the Pars."

He could play a bit, though. Imagine him alongside Benedictus - no disrespect intended to Breen.

He might even be a contender for an all time Pars XI if his discipline hadn`t been so poor.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 13:42

Could have been our best ever player but he didn’t settle here. No surprise really when you consider some of his team mates at the time. I don’t think he was treated to well…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 14:07

Aye true, Chris McGroarty probably battered him senseless in training.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 15:56

I agree he could of been a fantastic player for us as you could see his ability even in the limited number of games for us bur if I remember correctly we`d taken a chance on both him and Skerla as they were recovering from bad injuries and I think he thought he just didn`t want to be here and thought he should have been playing at a higher level. In fairness in terms of his ability he was probably right but he didn`t appear to have the attitude to back it up.

A back three of him, Skerla and Wilson would have been one of the best defensive line ups in the league.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 22:33

He was an absolutely superb player, just a pity he couldn`t have stayed focused as he could have stuck in with us, and earned a decent move to either of the old firm.
I remember going to see him in the reserves at EEP on a freezing cold night in front of quite a decent sized crowd. Early on the ball was played to a St Johnstone player on the half way line with his back our goal, Rossi was clipping at his heels straight away and pressurised him into heading deep into his own half, persued by Rossi would was clipping and kicking the guy all the way. He had a few tough kicks at the boy which probably should have been fouls before booting him right up the erse and getting a deserved red card, causing a large part of the crowd to leave the stadium as he left the pitch. Had some great games for us and on the other side of the coin had that game at Patkhead.
He was a very good defender, very tough, pity he was a bit of a loose cannon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 22:56

Could beat Dider Agathe in a race whilst sleeping and wearing wellies.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 5 Oct 23:21

I can assure anyone that the guy would have been playing at a far better level than the Pars if he wasn’t a complete head case.

Post Edited (Wed 05 Oct 23:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 03:40

I only saw Youssef Rossi play once in a Pars jersey, and even then I don`t think he lasted more than 30 minutes. He got sent off. It was a game at Tannadice. I think we lost 3-2.

Even in that short time, it was evident that he was a magnificent defender... well built, immensely strong, swift, and hyper-aggressive. Sadly, it was this last factor that proved to be his weakness. He had a profoundly bad temperament... and Scottish referees seemed to be pencilling his name in their notebooks prior to kick-off, just to make sure they got his spelling right.

There is a wonderful photo somewhere of Youssef Rossi kicking Rangers` most expensive signing, Tore Andre Flo, very firmly in the goolies. In its own way, that photo serves to provide a visual reminder not just of how tough a player Rossi was, but also how vulnerable he was too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 06:25

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 6 Oct 03:40

There is a wonderful photo somewhere of Youssef Rossi kicking Rangers` most expensive signing, Tore Andre Flo, very firmly in the goolies. In its own way, that photo serves to provide a visual reminder not just of how tough a player Rossi was, but also how vulnerable he was too.

🤣😂🤣 Can you post a link to that pic, Oz? I`ve no memory of it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 07:04

I can`t find it GG. It used to be splattered all over the internet, but now it seems to have disappeared.

It makes me suspect that either Rossi or Flo have employed a company to clean up their negative images online. This is increasingly common these days.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 07:35

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 6 Oct 07:04

I can`t find it GG. It used to be splattered all over the internet, but now it seems to have disappeared.

It makes me suspect that either Rossi or Flo have employed a company to clean up their negative images online. This is increasingly common these days.

I wouldn`t make such an allegation Oz.....you might end up with a rather large and angry Moroccan at your front door!

I like the one with him and Fat Ronaldo. That 1998 Brazil team was something else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 11:51

He was a cracking defender but my favourite memory of him is him curling in an absolute peach of goal against Aberdeen in the fog. A game that probably shouldn`t have gone ahead, but I, for one, was extremely glad that it did.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 12:00

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 6 Oct 11:51

He was a cracking defender but my favourite memory of him is him curling in an absolute peach of goal against Aberdeen in the fog. A game that probably shouldn`t have gone ahead, but I, for one, was extremely glad that it did.

Yes, one of my favourite games.....had travelled up for holiday and spent the evening in a nice warm pub. It was absolutely freezing that day!

Cracking goal he scored.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 17:55

Aberdeen fans in the away end celebrating their goal(s) in front of the Norrie after a 30s delay and then singing "We can see feck all" when the Dons fell behind. 😃

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Thu 6 Oct 22:08

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 6 Oct 11:51

Yip I was in the main stand had a great view of it even tho it was like pee soup and freezing cold.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmania  
Date:   Fri 7 Oct 11:08

Hi GG

Here`s the photo you`re looking for

https://i.imgur.com/rnLD1kg.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

ParsFanzines
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Fri 7 Oct 11:20

Quote:

parsmania, Fri 7 Oct 11:08

Hi GG

Click here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Oct 11:57

Quote:

parsfan, Fri 7 Oct 11:20

Quote:

parsmania, Fri 7 Oct 11:08

Hi GG

Click here

😂🤣😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Fri 7 Oct 13:44

Fun fact - that (in)famous photo only ever made its way on to the web due to the fact that my dad had bought himself a scanner and wanted to test it. He got that day`s paper, scanned the only Pars-related picture he could find and there you have it.

You`re all very welcome :-)

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Oct 13:50

Quote:

Ormiston_Par, Fri 7 Oct 13:44

Fun fact - that (in)famous photo only ever made its way on to the web due to the fact that my dad had bought himself a scanner and wanted to test it. He got that day`s paper, scanned the only Pars-related picture he could find and there you have it.

You`re all very welcome :-)

I swear there is a similar photo around of Rossi challenging Flo in the same game and his trouser snake makes an appearance. This sounds ridiculous but I`m completely serious.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net