DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserve Cup
Topic Originator: Parliet  
Date:   Tue 18 Oct 17:56

What was today’s result?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserve Cup
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 18 Oct 18:39

Didn`t think we would have enough players to fulfill 2 fixtures today .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 18 Oct 18:53

the game is next week.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 Oct 22:19

Thanks guys. I downloaded a calendar for this and it popped up today.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Oct 12:11

Sean Murdoch listed as referee for Tuesday if it goes ahead.

Post Edited (Sat 22 Oct 12:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Oct 17:48

That’s a bonus attraction!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Oct 19:15

id prefer the bonus of a couple of trialist forwards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 24 Oct 09:52

What time is the game at?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 24 Oct 10:36

Tuesday 25 Oct at 2 pm according to COWS.

Post Edited (Mon 24 Oct 11:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 24 Oct 17:37

Yes tomorrow Tuesday, 2pm KO. The DASC DONATION SHOP /MARV`S TEA ROOM WILL BE OPEN FROM 12NOON .
Filled Rolls.
Cake.
Tea.
Coffee.
Hot Chocolate with mini mallows.
Cold /Hot fruit drinks.

DAFC RESERVES X DUNDEE UTD RESERVES. EEP 2PM KO.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 12:22

Anyone any idea the entry fee for this game? Can`t see anything about it on club site.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcpars1885  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 12:32

£2 entry fee patg

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 13:49

“Trialist” - one of the young team not registered or a genuine target ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 14:02

Didn’t even make it past the warmup. Replaced by Jake Rennie in the starting 11.

Pars Review: https://twitter.com/parsreview?s=21
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 14:05

Behind me is Andy Barrowman scouting for Kelty? 😉

Sean Murdoch is the referee! ❤️

From twitter
DAFC team :

20 Max Little
2 Liam Hoggan
3 Callum Hannah
4 Sam Young
5 Miller Fenton
6 Kyle Macdonald (c)
7 Michael Beagley
8 Andrew Tod
9 Taylor Sutherland
10 Kane Ritchie-Hosler
12 Jake Rennie
Subs:

11 Trialist ~ aka McCaig’s Tower. Here with his boots. You read it here first 😂
14 Ewan McLeod
15 Stuart McDowell
16 Jake Sutherland
17 Harris Reid
1 Deniz Mehmet (GK)

COYP

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Tue 25 Oct 14:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 14:09

Ivo just toddled in.

Photos galore this afternoon lol

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 14:49

HT 0-0

A bit of 50-50 I’d say. I think Kyle and Kane are getting forward and into spaces well, but Dundee United are doing the same at our end.

It’s weird seeing big Sean in the middle - he’s needing a hat for that bald spot lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 15:54

What was the full time score?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 15:55

On to penalties after it ended 0-0

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 16:01

DAFC ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
Dundee United ✅ ✅ 👻 ✅

Pars for the win with Tod jnr scoring the final penalty

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 16:06

That winning penalty was really something special
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 18:20

trialist removed due to not meeting eligibility requirement or something according to Craig Cairns in the Courier.

Utd were more experienced but didnt really do much, had a few chances but i think Little only made one save all day. a bit of a nothing game which didnt have the comedy ref you normally get in these games, Murdoch handled it well but it is weird seeing him run around the park lol.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 19:09

Was at the game today and sadly wasn`t impressed with Kane was hoping to see something from him maybe a spark some flare.

It`s only one game but I question the signing and the noise coming out during the summer regarding signings about only bringing in quality players better than what we already have and at the moment I don`t see it with him.

Hopefully I`m proved wrong
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 19:13

Agreed about Kane , wasn,t impressed and looked a nothing signing , hope im wrong

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 25 Oct 19:59

Good result!

Post Edited (Tue 25 Oct 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Wed 26 Oct 03:54

McPake and Dave Mackay watched the first half alongside Christoph Berra - they never came back after the break though.

Seen Brian Rice there too.

On the field - Sam Young was a stand out for me at centre half. I was surprised to see Miller Fenton at centre half and thought he looked unsure of the position - he played better when moved to left back.

Liam Hoggan played all over the park! Started at right back, moved to left back and then forward onto the left wing - didn`t look out of place in any of his positions either.

Andrew Tod`s winning penalty was worth the admission fee alone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 26 Oct 07:13

Quote:

allanwilson10, Wed 26 Oct 03:54

McPake and Dave Mackay watched the first half alongside Christoph Berra - they never came back after the break though.

Seen Brian Rice there too.

On the field - Sam Young was a stand out for me at centre half. I was surprised to see Miller Fenton at centre half and thought he looked unsure of the position - he played better when moved to left back.

Liam Hoggan played all over the park! Started at right back, moved to left back and then forward onto the left wing - didn`t look out of place in any of his positions either.

Andrew Tod`s winning penalty was worth the admission fee alone!

McPake and Co moved into the Norrie stand in the second half.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 26 Oct 07:24

How was Tod`s penalty? Sounds special.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 26 Oct 07:41

Quote:

EastEndTales, Wed 26 Oct 07:24

Panenka shot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 26 Oct 08:57

Quote:

jake89, Wed 26 Oct 07:41

Quote:

EastEndTales, Wed 26 Oct 07:24

Panenka shot.

You mean a McIntyre?

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 26 Oct 16:15

They did well to come out on top against a team from two tiers above. There wasn’t a lot in it – neither keeper had many saves to make – but over the piece I thought United looked slightly more dangerous, particularly as the younger boys tired. Macdonald had a couple of decent chances, but dragged his shot wide once, and was too near the keeper the other time.

I thought Tod was the best player – full of enthusiasm, all over the park, the ability to stick a toe in and get the ball, and the confidence to dink the winning penalty. In fact, all the penalties were well taken – with the “senior” players and the forwards stepping up to the mark.

I was hoping for more from Ritchie-Hosler – he was OK but I wondered if he could have moved up a gear – but you never quite know with reserve games. At a pinch I think any of them could probably fill in for a game in an emergency, but I would say other than Macdonald, Tod s probably the only one threatening to get regular game time otherwise at present.

It looked like a 4-5-1 to begin with – Little is goals, a back 4 (from the right) of Hoggan, Young, Fenton and Hannah, a midfield 5 of captain Macdonald on the right, Tod, Ritchie-Hosler and Beagley in he middle and Rennie on the left and Taylor Sutherland ploughing a lone furrow up front.

The first change saw Rennie off, Sutherland dropping back left and his younger brother taking the forward position.

The second change saw MacLeod come on at right back, Hoggan switching to the other side and Hannah going off

The third change was more substantial with the young Pars switching to a 4-4-2. Reid came on at CB, Fenton moved to left back and Macdonald dropped to right back with the Hoggan and MacLeod pushing up one. McCallum came on in midfield and Tod moved upfront.

Sean Murdoch handled the game well – seemed on familiar terms with the players. I think he overlapped with Tod senior briefly. Also good to see the likes of Potter, Barrowman and den Bieman at the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Wed 26 Oct 17:36

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Wed 26 Oct 16:15

They did well to come out on top against a team from two tiers above. There wasn’t a lot in it – neither keeper had many saves to make – but over the piece I thought United looked slightly more dangerous, particularly as the younger boys tired. Macdonald had a couple of decent chances, but dragged his shot wide once, and was too near the keeper the other time.

I thought Tod was the best player – full of enthusiasm, all over the park, the ability to stick a toe in and get the ball, and the confidence to dink the winning penalty. In fact, all the penalties were well taken – with the “senior” players and the forwards stepping up to the mark.

I was hoping for more from Ritchie-Hosler – he was OK but I wondered if he could have moved up a gear – but you never quite know with reserve games. At a pinch I think any of them could probably fill in for a game in an emergency, but I would say other than Macdonald, Tod s probably the only one threatening to get regular game time otherwise at present.

It looked like a 4-5-1 to begin with – Little is goals, a back 4 (from the right) of Hoggan, Young, Fenton and Hannah, a midfield 5 of captain Macdonald on the right, Tod, Ritchie-Hosler and Beagley in he middle and Rennie on the left and Taylor Sutherland ploughing a lone furrow up front.

The first change saw Rennie off, Sutherland dropping back left and his younger brother taking the forward position.

The second change saw MacLeod come on at right back, Hoggan switching to the other side and Hannah going off

The third change was more substantial with the young Pars switching to a 4-4-2. Reid came on at CB, Fenton moved to left back and Macdonald dropped to right back with the Hoggan and MacLeod pushing up one. McCallum came on in midfield and Tod moved upfront.

Sean Murdoch handled the game well – seemed on familiar terms with the players. I think he overlapped with Tod senior briefly. Also good to see the likes of Potter, Barrowman and den Bieman at the game.

What was your thoughts on wee Hoggan??didn’t see the ressie game but watched the 18s the other night and was impressed with him, I appreciate the jump is very big to first team level but from what I seen, in a desperate situation which we’re not a million miles away from he looks like a good option…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 14:38

What was your thoughts on wee Hoggan??.

I thought he was OK – he didn’t particularly stand-out (other than his versatility); he had quite a tough gig though.

I’d been impressed with him in the game at Newtongrange, likewise Taylor Sutherland who also caught the eye at Burntisland and Inverkeithing, so I’d sort of marked the pair down as ones to watch. Of course, the standard that they were up against on Tuesday was a lot higher.

There’s some cover at right back – as well as Comrie and Macdonald you could play Todd there, or Fisher, but as I said, in an “injury crisis” scenario you could probably get away with having to play one of the young boys for one game, but since some of them are still only 15 it might be a couple of years before they seriously threaten for a starting place.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 14:50

who would cover at LB? Chalmers?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 15:19

who would cover at LB? Chalmers?

Good question – is that the one area we lack a bit of cover?

I guess the options are:

Macdonald – Mr Utility – has he played there before? Knows how to play full-back. Less disruption elsewhere.
Comrie – knows how to play full back – other candidates can play RB
Breen – is he left sided? Knows how to defend – maybe Fisher fills in at LCB
Chalmers – left-sided – experienced, often plays deep anyway.
Reserve LB – only in an emergency.
Hamilton??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 15:36

I’m sure Chalmers was played at lb when he was with Celtic when he was younger
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 17:23

going back to this game, Dundee Utd were awarded a 3-0 win presumably because of the "ineligible" trialist in the original line up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 17:27

Nope it was due to the younger Sutherland brother being under 16. In the Courier this afternoon.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 17:31

ah that explains it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 18:08

Not able to see the article as it’s stupidly behind a paywall but the spfl rules do state players must be over 16, I knew about the rule for first team fixtures but I’d expect it to be a bit younger for reserves. Looks like we’ll have the points deducted again for today. Would love to know where the spfl thinks players who are too old for u18s are expected to top up game time if we aren’t allowed to bring on younger players for 20 minutes here and there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 18:10

So an under 16 can play in a League game but not a reserve Cup tie? Bizarre.

Anyway, we won 2-0 at Hibs today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 18:11

U16s can’t play in the league either

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 18:58

I can understand why clubs would be punished by loss of points for playing OVER-age players in certain competitions but what advantage are they likely to get from fielding UNDER-age players?

Having said that, if we were penalised from fielding him in the DU game why field him again this afternoon?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 19:20

You are allowed in other leagues so it seems strange.Arsenal had a 15 year old on the other week against Brentford.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 19:25

The player in question is 16 now, so no point deduction today. Also, reserve football and the rules around reserve competitions are designed for professionals, not as extra games for youth team players. Just because we use it that way, doesn’t mean we should be able to play children that are too young. This is a competition run by the Scottish Professional Football League and people are complaining that players that cannot legally sign professional contracts aren’t allowed to play?

Players aren’t allowed to sign professional contracts until they’re 16. This likely means that insurance/protection in terms of injuries etc is not in place for players 15 or younger - at least not to the same extent that those on professional contracts are covered by their contracts/PFA. So I’d suspect that this rule is there to try and protect the youngsters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 20:32

"Also, reserve football and the rules around reserve competitions are designed for professionals, not as extra games for youth team players."

Jordan Allan played for Airdoe in the League at 14, albeit a few years ago.

This season, however, a 13 year old played in the League Cup.im Northern Ireland.

Whatever happened to "if you`re good enough, you`re old enough"?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 21:05

It`s all fair and well saying if they are good enough they are old enough, but they also need to be strong enough. Last week in that Diddy Cup against Celtic, Celtic brought on a tiny wee kid, I was wincing any time any of our players went near him, he looked like he could break in two if someone tackled him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 15:52

I see on COWS the club have acknowledged it was an admin error on their part that resulted in fielding an ineligible player against DU. Have we still got a chance of progressing?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net