DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 When can we start getting confident.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 11:01

I know injuries and suspensions will play a part but I am pretty confident now, that we are going to win the league.
We will certainly be in the playoffs.

6 points and double the goal diff from 2nd place, with the two bottom sides up next.
Looks like we should stay at the top before the window opens and we can hopefully address the small squad issue.

More players will be willing to come to a team that looks likely to win the title.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: When can we start getting confident.
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 11:52

I`m not confident until the lady with calorie surpluses issues starts singing, or at least clears her/him/they throat.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 12:02

peterhead proved we can take nothing for Granted

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 12:16

Still a long way to go PARrot!
I think we win our next two which takes us to the start of December, where we then have as tough run (QOS, Airdrie, Kelty, Falkirk)
If we come out that Falkirk game still seven points clear of them, with the January transfer window here then we can feel justifiably, very confident.

Yesterday it looked like Edwards tweaked his back, out of everyone in the squad he`s the one we can least afford to lose, we have no replacement at all for him atm.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 13:50

I’ll be confident when we have more points on the board than there are available for anyone else to play for

Too many disappointments along the road in my many years as a Pars fan to be foolish enough to count my chickens before they hatch!

That said…………. I can’t help dreaming!

2015/16 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 14:07

I think we will win it but plenty of games to negotiate still
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 14:19

One game at a time Parrot. Partick Thistle were top of the championship a few short weeks ago and now they are 7th.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 14:20

I think we look more solid as a team each week now. Yesterday was a solid performance just when its needed. I n terms of confidence I think the plsyers look more confident and are playing well as a team. We are solid at the back now and not giving team many chances. Mhemet has come on leaps and bounds and Craig is scoring goals again. Its all looking promising but we should never become complacent. I think we will go up this season. I`m not sure we want to bring any players in or if so 1 or 2 at most. We have a good squad and you have to be careful not to upset the balance.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 14:46

With Falkirk at home to Edinburgh next week, things could be brighter still, as long as we do the business!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 15:12

I think the other teams are much of a muchness. They will continue to beat each other. I dont see us losing as many as them due to a solid defence. We might draw a few but if we win the next two as expected the gap will increase. I cant see sny other team being consistant enough to close the gap.

Post Edited (Sun 06 Nov 16:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 15:22

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 6 Nov 15:12

I think the other teams are much of a muchness. They will continue to beat each other. I dont see us losing as many as them due to a solid defence. We might draw a few but if we win the next too as expected the gap will increase. I cant see sny other team being consistant enough to close the gap.

Agree with this. There will certainly be a few annoying draws and occasional defeats along the way, just need to keep plugging away and we can do this!

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 15:38

“Partick Thistle were top of the championship a few short weeks ago and now they are 7th.”

I think these are wise words. There is a significant chunk of the season remaining, and any assumption that things are done and dusted is very ill advised. That said, we have made a more than decent start and yesterday was a very positive step.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 15:41

PARrot……

…….you were also pretty confident that we wouldn’t get relegated last season.

One game at a time please.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 16:12

Only a bird brain would come out and make a
comment like that, November ffs.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Sun 06 Nov 16:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 16:15

Quote:

dover par, Sun 6 Nov 16:12

Only a bird brain would come out and make a
comment like that, November ffs.

Aye Dovey, but did naebody tell ye that parrots are the most intelligent birds on the perch. 🤪

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 16:18

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sun 6 Nov 15:22

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 6 Nov 15:12

I think the other teams are much of a muchness. They will continue to beat each other. I dont see us losing as many as them due to a solid defence. We might draw a few but if we win the next too as expected the gap will increase. I cant see sny other team being consistant enough to close the gap.

Agree with this. There will certainly be a few annoying draws and occasional defeats along the way, just need to keep plugging away and we can do this!

Jings I just noticed how I spelled two.

I actually put a wee bit on us winning the league last year.

This is different. I`ve given reasons why I am reasonably confident and I don`t think I`m far off the mark.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 17:03

if we get up to 20 wins then maybe....

Clyde next week, only thing thats important now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 17:30

When were 6 clear with one game to play :-)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 20:21

There`s a good chance of us widening the gap next Saturday. We`ve got Clyde at home while Edinburgh and Falkirk play each other.

Assuming we can take all 3 points (and you would fancy us to), a draw in the other game would see us move 8 points clear, while a Falkirk win would put us 7 points clear.

The following week we`ve got Peterhead away. They`re bottom of the league just now, but to be honest I`d settle for a point in that game right now if offered.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 22:18

Peterhead are the worst team I’ve seen at east end in a long while. We should be going there to win

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 22:21

One game at a time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 22:37

I`ll hope for an Edinburgh win v Falkirk as Falkirk have Clyde next and FCE have Alloa. They vould drop 3 each over the 2 weeks and we should take full points.
Could be 9 and 10 points clear of them in a fortnight, with a considerable goal diff to boot.
Seeing as we have only lost one match so far and are pretty solid in defence. I just can`t see us blowing it. Lets see if we can max the next two first though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 6 Nov 23:26

Getting a wee bit ahead of yourself Parrot. Better not to try working out other teams results ahead of time. Best to concentrate on our own games and make sure we win them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 00:04

Taking nothing for granted, but I really can’t see us finishing outside the top 2. The rest of the teams in the league will take points off each other as they are much of muchness. The nature of that alone should pretty much ensure we finish at least 2nd. I’ll leave the bottle of Moet on hold still.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 00:36

Peterhead are the worst team I’ve seen at east end in a long while. We should be going there to win

Of course we should, but we failed to beat them at East End. The circumstances of that 2-2 draw notwithstanding, there are no easy games.

Post Edited (Mon 07 Nov 00:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 01:22

Parrot, ask this question in February next year, not now.

I am all for optimism, but it should be couched with a realisation that things can quickly go pear shaped.

At about this time last year, we were in 6th place having just beaten Inverness away and tossed Ayr aside 3-0 at home. Relegation was not our biggest concern.

If the gods are kind, our good fortune will continue, but we have a very small squad and our subs bench does not fill one with much enthusiasm. Some of our key players are two or three yellow cards away from suspension and we definitely have to hope Edwards back injury is nothing more than a pulled muscle. We can`t afford to lose any of our regulars.

Cautious optimism is called for at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 10:58

Ok so to conclude, I think, we can start being confident if we are still ahead in Feb and get a couple of players in during the Jan window.
Ill keep the bubbly on ice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:43

I felt confident that we wouldn`t win today. Had us down for 1-1. Still miffed though. But that`s the way our performances have been going - patchy. I think we`ll get stuck-in more next week, I don`t expect to underperform in successive weeks.

As for the title - you might as well ask, who`s gonna be PM at Christmas 2024? I`m not confident it`ll even be a human, based on the last few we`ve had to suffer from the Con artists party. (Note: I see we`re the only major economy with minus growth - so much for blaming Covid or Brexit.) What`s this got do wi` fitba`? Och weel, jist think of it as two typical Pars fans chattin` at half time as they sit wi`a Bovril and a bridie.

Post Edited (Sat 12 Nov 17:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 18:02

I will be confident if we are 4 points clear going into the last game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 18:29

I am like desparado I will be confident when we are 4 points clear going into the last game !
I am disappointed with our home form as we are dropping too many points at home! yes teams sit in against us at EEP, but we need to be more creative in the midfield to make chances for the forwards

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 18:47

Today was a perfect example of how daft this thread is

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 19:21

I`ll feel confident if we get to 31 points ahead wi` ten games tae go. (I donno if it`s even mathematically possible, but ye never know!)

Just as a matter of dumb speculation - if any other of the main challengers averages two points a game from now on, that`d take them to 69 points. If that was the case, we`d need another 38 from 21 games. Seems potentially doable, but there`s little room for error. I feel we`re capable, if we keep oor heids doon and graft.

Even the great Pars of old boobed occasionally. I think we lost at home to Airdrie shortly before we won the cup in `68.

Coming back from 2-0 down today when, so far this season, goals have been hard to come by, gives me a bit of confidence. I think the players know they`re in a great position and they`re gonna give it a bit extra to try and not let it slip.

Oh, I must have dozed off. Was I dreamin`again?

Post Edited (Sat 12 Nov 19:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 19:31

Football`s full of twists and turns. Manchester City were beaten at home today! The most important game is always the next one.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 19:37

Quote:

parsfan97, Sat 12 Nov 18:47

Today was a perfect example of how daft this thread is

On the contrary. We had a real stinker result. Two horrendous goals. We wont lose many like that, and certainly not in the same game again.
The fact we managed to get a point despite the 2 uncharacteristic blunders strengthens my belief.

Stinky result but the chasing pak only gained a point on us.

Yes I know Falkirk gained 3 but we were 6 clear and are now 5 clear. Not as bad a day as I first thought.

I still think we are favourites to win it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 20:51

"We might draw a few but if we win the next two as expected, the gap will increase" (Parrot, further up the thread)

Bang goes that theory already Parrot. Better just taking the one game at a time.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net