DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jan Transfer Window
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 11:03

Who you bringing in ?

I think this is tough, assuming both injured strikers are back and Allan Also.

1) I`d like to see a pacey get in behind striker but we would have 4 so assume 1 would have to go on loan ?

2) Cover for LB

3) Another midfielder maybe ?

After that i think its loans for cover rather like the Rangers and Motherwell boys (both of who I think will go back thru lack of gametime)

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jan Transfer Window
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 11:46

This January we won`t need the mass influx of signings we had last season. I suspect the manager will stick to his philosophy of going for `quality` so it will be interesting to see how that pans out. It all depends on who`s available.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 12:30

…….. and who we can afford.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 12:39

Assuming we won’t be signing players for anything more then till the end of the season and only have the budget for 2/3 at most I’d like a decent winger with some pace to give us an outlet and help break teams down. Clear mcpake doesn’t trust the 2 loans as ready for this level.

Football par, for me the get in behind striker is o’hara, he needs the service though so an attacking midfielder would be good.

Although chalmers has done okay this season still think there is better option out there in terms of midfielders. Chalmers was a full back in earlier years too so does provide cover.

I’d send McCann out on loan if possible which might allow another striker to come in.

Post Edited (Mon 07 Nov 12:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 12:40

If we’re still around the top of the league, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of ‘bigger’ name signings. I genuinely believe that challenging for promotion/a title will help to attract players that want to be part of a successful team and would like to add a league winners medal to their CV.

I’m not talking about any kind of internationally acclaimed star. But someone who is proven at league 1/champ level, who is maybe not getting game time at a top flight/champ club, who will help us to get over the finish line.

McPake will be smart about it though and not bring in anyone who will disrupt the dressing room.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 12:47

Agree with that par-91, higher level players who are not playing and are out of contract in the summer might fancy a promotion push to put themselves in the shop window and who knows we might take them for next season if we go up.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 13:17

Cover for left back, similar to Craig Reid who we brought in during the Jan window while we were down here?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 13:27

the higher league point, otherwise known as which players at Dundee will McPake try and get, Byrne and McGinn if the rumours were true from the last window?

every manager comes out with the "quality" tag so im not paying any attention to that at all, im more interested in the "process" McPake talked about after he got the job, who is involved etc and will we see any kind of result from that in January.

we are 1 player short at the moment if not 2 with cover needed at left back, central midfield and maybe wide. 2 players who could cover those would be ideal.
i dont see any of the contracted players leaving at this point but it is possible all the loanees could get called back for different reasons.
Mahon mentioned in the OP, unless he is going to move back to Ireland for the rest of the season and get round the 2 club rule, id say he is likely to get more game time here than back at Motherwell.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 13:41

The best bit of business we will do is to keep hold of Edwards and Mochrie, at least until the end of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 13:58

Topic Originator: wee eck
Date: Mon 7 Nov 11:46

This January we won`t need the mass influx of signings we had last season. I suspect the manager will stick to his philosophy of going for `quality` so it will be interesting to see how that pans out. It all depends on who`s available.

That argument doesn`t hold up with reference to the two lads we signed in September.
Looks very much like they were not McPake signings and only signed to fill a shirt?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 14:06

Yeah it is a worry, with Dundee United struggling they may want him back

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 14:08

I wouldn`t have thought Mochrie was at SPL level just yet?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 14:22

Neither are Dundee United.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 14:28

Would be shocked if Edwards doesn`t have offers for a pre contract so may need to look at a left back to succeed him.

Matty Yates at Stenny having a very good season, a young winger worth looking at - contributed to nearly half of all of Stenny`s league goals and appears to be out of contract in May.

The rest of the business we do should be getting existing players signed up. Would like to see Fisher offered a deal in January as he is out of contract come the end of the season. Breen, Comrie and Mehmet all done enough to warrant extensions.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 14:34

I don`t understand your point, Raymie. McPake held out for as long as possible to make `quality` signings and when none materialised signed a couple of young loanees. If they weren`t `McPake signings` whose signings were they?

He could end up in the same position in January. He can`t force the players he wants to sign.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 14:35

:-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 15:07

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 7 Nov 14:08

I wouldn`t have thought Mochrie was at SPL level just yet?

No but United might want to see if he`s Championship level.

From there perspective it would be more beneficial to have him playing in the Championship.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 15:25

Never thought of that

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 15:48

You would hope that work on January signings would have started weeks ago.

My thoughts are having played all the teams in the league and some of them twice now we can certainly win the league.

But the size of the squad does worry, Players are going to get suspended or injured and we don`t have enough replacements.

At the same time it does look like the squad has a great togetherness maybe that`s due to results but bringing in new players could disturb that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 16:12

I`d like to think that if any of the clubs who were looking at Edwards were still interested that they would sign and loan back for the remainder of the season. He`s absolutely not going to walk into a Stoke or Preston Nort End team I wouldn`t think. Stay here, get us to the title then walk off a hero.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 16:14

Injuries and suspensions inevitable, the latter more so given we don`t seem shy of a yellow card or two (not a bad things as we`ve been too soft for a while).

Hopefully get a few in and hold onto the two boys from the Dundee teams.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 16:30

All this stuff about suspensions is a bit exaggerated. At this stage of the season isn`t it just a one-match ban for 6 yellows then two matches if you reach a cumulative 12? Our squad has actually coped pretty well with injuries too. We`ve only had two recognised strikers available for the last few games and Allan has been out for quite a spell but results haven`t suffered.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 16:50

I think it’s Edwards and Hamilton both one booking away from a ban

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 18:57

I`m fairly sure the other teams in this league will suffer from injuries and suspensions as well. Whilst the depth of our squad is hardly ideal we`re by no means unique

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 19:29

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 7 Nov 16:50

I think it’s Edwards and Hamilton both one booking away from a ban

Shoulda horsed a couple of Falkirk players up in the air and taken the suspension v Clyde.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 19:52

Hamilton and Edwards are 2 away, need to get through the next 4 games without picking up those and then they’ll have a bit of leeway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 20:54

Surprised no team has tried to pick up Dylan McGeouch
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 21:24

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 7 Nov 14:34

I don`t understand your point, Raymie. McPake held out for as long as possible to make `quality` signings and when none materialised signed a couple of young loanees. If they weren`t `McPake signings` whose signings were they?

He could end up in the same position in January. He can`t force the players he wants to sign.

I’m basing my assumption on the amount of game time they have received

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 21:54

I`m sure they would have had more game time if we had been more comfortable in games. I don`t see how he can disown them just because he would have preferred to sign experienced players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Nov 23:10

Felt Mahon and Ritchie-holser were signed as gambles to chuck on when things aren’t going well. But things have been going well and the need to play them is very limited, long may that continue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 07:18

I`d like us to have a serious look at Kelty`s Alfredo Agyeman. Think there`s a good player there.

Post Edited (Tue 08 Nov 07:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 08:22

Quote:

GG4, Tue 8 Nov 07:18

I`d like us to have a serious look at Kelty`s Alfredo Agyeman. Think there`s a good player there.

He`s a player, alright, but we`re not Celtic or Rangers, who can just swan up and sign any player they want from other Scottish clubs.

Jordan Forster caught my eye, too, as another player who would improve our team.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 09:06

"Felt Mahon and Ritchie-holser were signed as gambles to chuck on when things aren’t going well. But things have been going well and the need to play them is very limited, long may that continue."

I think the Paterhead game really spooked Mcpake in that respect

Post Edited (Tue 08 Nov 09:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 10:04

I think so too. Mahon especially looked decent but if we`re winning games they`re rightly looked as backup.

That`s a problem as well though when looking to recruit. If we`re still picking up wins would anyone want to come to fill the bench most weeks?

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 10:18

Mahon looked up for it the couple of times he has been on , wasn’t impressed at all with hosier in the under 21s looks like a Kai Kennedy

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 17:54

Would love to see us have a look at Agyeman from Kelty. He was a menace against us and would bring something we don`t really have at the moment. He`s also scored a decent amount of goals so far. I`d imagine a fee might be required but some players do have contracts that allow them to move to full time clubs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 20:06

Probably on a fair whack there too, it`s possible his `full time` job on the other companies books is fairly high paid.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 21:07

Forster is slower than Efe Ambrose no thanks. He is far too slow at the back

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Tue 8 Nov 23:11

Fans were looking for more width in the team when the two loanees were signed. Not long after that JMcP started to play a back 3 with Comrie and Edwards further up the pitch as attacking wing backs. Up till now the system has worked well for us and the players look comfortable with it but the formation doesn`t accommodate the use of orthodox wingers all that well. I hope either or both of them manage to get some minutes in the next couple of games or maybe they will end up a bit of a waste of time and money.
Wighton is playing better but I don`t think he suits being a lone striker and it would be good to have someone with a bit of pace and eye for goal up there with him. A fit and on form O`Hara is probably as good or better than anyone we are likely to pick up but we could do with someone else to give options and cover for the run-in.
Miller Fenton is due back from Berwick in early January and hopefully the Lowland League will have toughened him up a bit. He could be useful cover for left back and it will be interesting to see if he is anywhere near League 1 standard.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 9 Nov 20:01

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 8 Nov 21:07

Forster is slower than Efe Ambrose no thanks. He is far too slow at the back

Ambrose may not be as fast as he was 10 years ago, but he`s certainly not slow. He wasn`t great for us last season and made mistakes which led to goals for our opponents, but he was playing in a struggling team. Seems to be doing well at Morton. A good player doesn`t become a bad player and then a good player again, don`t you agree?

As for Forster, he was immense for Kelty at EEP. He could get away with a lack of pace if he was playing alongside a pay player.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 9 Nov 20:14

I thought Forster looked the weak link at the back for Kelty as the 2nd half wore on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Nov 20:56

Ambrose not slow? ****** hell, compared to your average Joe maybe, but compared to other professional footballers he’s well behind. Lost several goals last season cause I just couldn’t keep up with the striker. And that was with a fast teammate as cover, but you can’t always rely on cover.

As for Forster, he’s a reasonable player at this level but he’s dropped down to it for a reason and at 29 him ether being given the option, or indeed himself choosing to return full time seems unlikely.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net