DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Celtic players
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 10:33

Big Ange has stopped the Scottish internationals in the Celtic squad going to the friendly against Turkey.
Steve Clarke has said although it is not a recognized international break ,he is not happy they are not being released,and are going to a friendly in Australia.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Celtic players
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 11:02

Celtic are paying these guys a lot of money every week and it is Celtic`s duty is to press the interests of Celtic not Scotland.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 11:24

Should the Celtic players drop down the pecking order for the next big international?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 11:27

I have no problem with this. If there`s no obligation for Celtic to release the players, why would they?

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 11:45

Celtic players could potentially drop down the pecking order if Clarke sees something from the other players that will be available to play against Turkey. Then again maybe the Celtic players will enhance their prospects by it being shown how valuable they are to the Scotland squad by their absence.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 12:21

No doubt Celtic will be handsomely rewarded for going there so they`ll feel obliged to take a strong squad.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 15:37

Yes, I think it`s a 7 figure sum? I believe it`s the same one the Sevco fans went nuts about, the old firm derby overseas (which now isn`t happening) there will be substantial penalties to be paid if they don`t play the main players available.

Fair does, Scotland don`t need to be playing Turkey , it`s already a ridiculous season because of WC.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 15:40

Celtic tour was organised well before the Turkey game, as they were meant to play Rangers but the Union Bears kicked off a protest, chucking stuff on the pitch months ago, getting them to pull out. They didn’t feel the game was being advertised as equals but as a Celtic tour, not giving them “The Respect” you couldn’t make it up. I suspect the Australian are not going to miss the sectarian bile it would have attracted from them both.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net