DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 School Engagement Programme
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:04

Seen on twitter that it seems that the School Engagement Programme is up and running, fantastic news really.

DAFC Twitter link
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: School Engagement Programme
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 14:04

Quote:

Grant, Thu 10 Nov 19:04

Seen on twitter that it seems that the School Engagement Programme is up and running, fantastic news really.

DAFC Twitter link

Yes Grant, the Pars Tackle Health visits started back after the October holidays. We`ve already been to Touch, Donibristle and St Margaret`s. The players have really bought into it, as they did in previous seasons before Covid, tbf. Without them, it wouldn`t be possible. Teachers and pupils love it and even if only 1 in 10 kids takes the health messages on board, it`s well worth doing.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 15:03

My daughter loved the session last week at Donibristle. Thanks for the efforts you guys put into this and thanks to Lewis McCann too for his time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 09:16

Quote:

JTH123, Fri 11 Nov 15:03

My daughter loved the session last week at Donibristle. Thanks for the efforts you guys put into this and thanks to Lewis McCann too for his time.

Cheers, JTH. Donibristle is a top school. You feel that from the moment you walk in. Excellent head, too and your daughter`s teacher, Mrs Ritchie?, is also really on the ball. P7s have good knowledge of Health and Wellbeing learning outcomes and immaculately behaved.

A decent report all round, I think? πŸ˜ƒ

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:19

Another sign of things getting back to some normality after Covid.

Pars Tackle Health is a fantastic initiative, always, excellent for the pupils, real-life learning to add value to what their teachers do, great for their health and good on the players who get a β€œkick” out of it…..

Pars Media Stars is another brilliant Schools Engagment Programme initiative, helping to develop literacy using reports on Pars games.

Stadium tours are proving harder, but a few lined up for next month. We’ve a Marketing presentation for secondary Business Management pupils, again taking a real life example to develop their understanding.

Great to be involved with such dedicated volunteers and to see real benefits for all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:48

Amazing to hear that the club is trying to engage with the community and younger fans, that`s what it`s all about.
I can mind when Andy Tod and Hamish French came to my Primary school years ago, was completely star struck. I would be today too!

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 11:44

Paul Allan & Matty Todd did Touch primary 7`s. My grandson was well impressed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 12:39

Nice to hear its restarted, will keep GG busy!πŸ€”πŸ€£πŸ‘
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Murphy  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 13:00

Well done to all involved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 13:03

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 12 Nov 09:16

Quote:

Cheers, JTH. Donibristle is a top school. You feel that from the moment you walk in. Excellent head, too and your daughter`s teacher, Mrs Ritchie?, is also really on the ball. P7s have good knowledge of Health and Wellbeing learning outcomes and immaculately behaved.

Thanks GG, good to know. I`d imagine the Head will see your message as she`s known to be a big Pars fan. I don`t know her but Mrs Ritchie has taught all 3 of my kids and she`s top notch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 18:52

This is a great initiative in its own right, so well done to DAFC staff and players, and to the volunteers who started this and have run with it.

Who knows what the long term benefits will be, possibly to DAFC but possibly in a completely different direction - the life of some young boy or girl might be changed completely - google "Ian Wright teacher" as an example.

Well done to all involved

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate Β£5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 08:53

Quote:

JTH123, Sat 12 Nov 13:03

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 12 Nov 09:16

Quote:

Thanks GG, good to know. I`d imagine the Head will see your message as she`s known to be a big Pars fan. I don`t know her but Mrs Ritchie has taught all 3 of my kids and she`s top notch.

You can rock up to EEP and meet Ms Rennie, before any home game, JTH. She helps out in the club shop as a (unpaid) volunteer. A striking redhead. πŸ™‚

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 07:13

Four Pars players, Breen, Chalmers, Comrie and Mahon spent yesterday afternoon with the P7s at McLean PS. In spite of the monsoon conditions, which meant the games session had to be held in the school gym, the kids had a great time. Incredibly, more than half of them are Pars fans and they were absolutely buzzing with excitement.

The players all obviously enjoyed themselves, too and stayed behind at the end for a good 15-20 mins, signing autographs on Pars tops or programmes the kids had brought in, as well as scraps of papers and forearms. πŸ˜ƒ One girl said "This is just the best day ever." Another asked the players when they were coming back again and the teachers thanked them several times for giving up their afternoon to visit the school.

Dave Mackay, who organises the player rota, was delighted with the feedback and said that the current squad are great to work with and a real credit to the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 08:26

Fantastic effort by all involved again

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 08:33

Great, will be looking to when my Granddaughter`s school is involved!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Β© 2021-- DAFC.net