DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Third kit
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:18

So, yeah. We have a third kit. For some reason. Half way through the season. And it looks like an Alloa top. Weird.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Third kit
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:19

Link to Twitter

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:21

It’s a wasp. Kill it.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Thu 10 Nov 19:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:24

You lot are colour blind. Alloa are orange and black, that`s yellow and blue.

I quite like it but not sure about the SRJ logo on it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:25

don`t think we need a third strip but I like it and I`ll also probably buy one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:25

I like it! The Mrs has been on at me for Christmas present ideas too 😂 Well timed Pars

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bazzler1981  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:30

I like it looks nothing like a Alloa top though, I hope we start wearing this instead of our jambos strip 🤣🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:30

Poor from the Pars this, major cost of living crisis ,and already struggling family`s may feel forced to buy this ,and it looks garbage .

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:42

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 10 Nov 19:30

Poor from the Pars this, major cost of living crisis ,and already struggling family`s may feel forced to buy this ,and it looks garbage .

They are not forcing anyone to buy it. Good on them producing this as another source of income during the season. I also think it`s smart.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:48

The kit is horrible nothing more to say about it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:55

Smart as f..k all I’m saying
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:55

We’re in the third tier of Scottish football. Why on earth do we need a third strip?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 19:56

I really like it don’t think there’s anything wrong with releasing one if people want it they can buy it and it will generate money for the club
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 20:04

Quote:

buffy, Thu 10 Nov 19:55

We’re in the third tier of Scottish football. Why on earth do we need a third strip?

Why not? New CEO bringing new ideas to the club which everyone wanted. Absolutely nothing wrong with releasing a third kit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 20:15

Fair enough releasing a third kit, might be a good time to bring it out in time for christmas.
It make me think though....We don`t need it, and probably either won`t wear it, or will wear it when we should have worn the away shirt which people have already parted cash with in good faith.
It looks awful, definitely wouldn`t be on my Christmas list but they may sell a few.

Maybe the club should have brought out a new fleece....after all, that`s what they are looking to do to the punters
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 20:21

Wow what a horrific strip and a complete own goal by the club. Cost of living crisis, yet kids will now be asking parents I want this!!!
Design and colours, well no words really. However If a 3rd strip was needed for a team in the 3rd tier maybe it would have been an idea to have a fan designed strip for the novelty factor.
However at end of day, sales matter and we need the money.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 20:25

Looks yellow and black to me, although the release says it`s dark blue. Can`t make out the sponsor`s logo very well and can`t see where we`d need to wear it. Not a fan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 20:47

Hate to be a buzz-kill, but the sight of that monstrosity has brought me out in hives.

I can`t see many people making a bee-line to buy this....

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 20:50

I don`t mind it. Wee bit different from the norm. Still won`t buy it tho.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 20:55

Can`t get my head around the absolute bet wetting over this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 21:14

I will buy it for my boy but the comment’s about the cost of living crisis have made me feel a bit guilty and got me thinking, if someone was to set up a post where people could put their name down to buy and donate a new third kit to a wee boy or girl how many people would put their name down?? Could bring a few future fans as well as a bit of community back to the club then there’s the added revenue to the club etc etc

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ronaldo  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 21:31

I`m not a fan of `third kits` generally, but it will be useful when we play Kelty away ... their home top clashes with both our 1st and 2nd kits.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 21:32

I used to have a dislike of the idea of a third kit as I see it as something the “Big” clubs did to fleece there fans.
However then I realised that I tend to buy my kids the stuff they need, I ended up buying 3 home tops this year for my boy as he didn’t like the away top. I had alway bought him both full kits but now he’s older just wears tops, it’s not as if I only buy him 2 sets of clothes. The bigger the range the better, especially in training gear for the younger market, the folks who should be using it. It’s not as if the other clothes are cheaper, especially the bigger tickets they also want.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 21:42

I`m not a fan of `third kits` generally, but it will be useful when we play Kelty away ... their home top clashes with both our 1st and 2nd kits.

Stretching it a wee bit to say the Kelty home top clashes with ours. Yes, the lower part of it is white but I think you`d have to be Mr Magoo to struggle to tell the difference. Both sides wore their home strips when we played them in August, and there were no issues whatsoever as far as I remember.

Anyway - if both home and away strips are clashing with other teams, the solution is not to bring out a third kit - it`s to find a better kit designer ;-)

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 21:46

Honking.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:08

You can’t just go sacking folk 🤣🤣 how about the club phone kelty ask what strip they’re wearing if they say our full home kit then why don’t we take our away socks and shorts with our home tops?? It’s going to look horrendous but it’s no going to clash

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:11

I would like to see a Pars Gilet, seen the management team wearing them also a Pars puffer jacket, any chance marketing team?

Similar to this

https://keltyheartsdirect.co.uk/product/kh-gilet/

Post Edited (Fri 11 Nov 08:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:19

What about a king sized duvet set, a pars beach towel or maybe a wee cozy onesie for the kids?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:33

Quote:

Bazzler1981, Thu 10 Nov 22:19

What about a king sized duvet set, a pars beach towel or maybe a wee cozy onesie for the kids?

Great shout for stuff like that, and it doesn`t go out of fashion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:47

Salton- I only want the duvet set to wind the wife up she’d do her dinger if she walked in the bedroom and seen a pars duvet set 🤣🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:49

Bloody companies releasing things that people might want. Don`t they know there`s a cost of living crisis? In my day...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:58

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 10 Nov 22:33

Quote:

Great shout for stuff like that, and it doesn`t go out of fashion.

Only cos its never in fashion
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 22:59

Not a fan of 3rd kits generally.... but if it makes the club some money then it`s worthwhile.

However, saying it`s inspired by the badge is a stretch....

Had it been jaggy blue (or white) and black lines that could have really been something. That wouldn`t be a Joma off the shelf effort though...

Post Edited (Thu 10 Nov 23:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 23:15

Red star who made you the fashion police 🤣🤣
Jeffrey - Stranraer had the same top last season or the season before

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 23:26

Not maroon. Gets my vote. Hopefully they ditch the other one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Nov 23:37

Quote:

Bazzler1981, Thu 10 Nov 23:15

Red star who made you the fashion police 🤣🤣

Giorgio Armani appointed me to the role
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 03:10

If I had to guess the club were offered a cut price deal by Joma selling off their less popular stock and the club saw it as a means of generating revenue. From a business point of view, you can`t argue with it. I`m making major assumptions of course.

As for the shirt itself; wouldn`t wear it to do the painting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 06:36

Och if it is yellow and blue then it will never clash with Alloas kit. The linesman will easily see the difference in colour for offsides. So it is a yeah from me.

Would be interesting though and reminds me of when I was a kid that those doon the park games that you always played to your man and not the strip.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 08:33

Can’t say I’m a fan although think I’d need to see it in person to cast proper judgement. The black lines just look like someone’s stuck gaffer tape all over it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 09:35

How is it the club`s fault if someone feels under pressure to buy a football top that they can`t afford.
We have all done it at some point I think. I certainly have, but it was my fault not the sellers. They were just running their business.

If you like it and can afford it thats good for you and the club. If not, don`t. Why make it an issue?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 09:37

That`s actually quite convenient for me.
I currently own a strip that is very similar to this, but that`s fading, so this will be a good replacement.
I must say I don`t get all the Alloa talk. As mentioned before, they are gold and black not yellow and dark blue.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 10:18

Are football kits still made of man-made fibres rather than pure cotton?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 10:21

They should make it out of Fleece to match the intentions of releasing this thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 10:36

It`s interesting that the off-the-shelf one in the illustration above is priced at just over £20 but the club`s version is £45 for adults and £35 for kids.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 10:39

Surely the whole point of a club releasing any sort of merch is always going to be to "fleece" their fans to a certain extent?

I don`t understand why folk are bashing the club about it. No-one is forcing anyone to buy this & if you can`t say "no" to your cake-eaters every now & again then that says quite a bit about you as a parent.

Post Edited (Fri 11 Nov 10:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 10:50

If it’s wrong a football club releases a new strip in a cost of living crisis does that mean any business or company that releases a new product at this time is wrong to??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 11:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 11 Nov 10:39

Surely the whole point of a club releasing any sort of merch is always going to be to "fleece" their fans to a certain extent?

I don`t understand why folk are bashing the club about it. No-one is forcing anyone to buy this & if you can`t say "no" to your cake-eaters every now & again then that says quite a bit about you as a parent.

Pretty much this.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 12:46

Truly unbelievable the fans who both expect us to compete at a higher level but then simultaneously whinge whenever the club try to make additional revenue as them `fleecing fans`.

There will be kids all over Fife getting new football strips for Christmas and if we don`t get a piece of that revenue it will just go to Sports Direct or JD sports for generic Man U/Real Madrid/Barcelona crap.

What`s next? Hospitality isn`t fair on people using foodbanks?

The club shop has improved markedly in the last year or so in terms of additional choice. Choices of scarves, hats & gifts all increased. Get along and put some money in the club when you`re buying all the tat we all waste money on in December.

(Nobody cares if you`re a middle aged + man who never wears or buys kit but feels the need to run to the internet and express a dislike for something targetted, predominantly, at youngsters)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 13:48

Only one poster remarked about the top looking like Alloa’s ~ the OP.

I compared it to a wasp because it looks yellae and black ~ that’s it really.

Nothing wrong in asking why we need a third kit, either. Nae need for the angry responses.

I think everyone needs to chill oot, relax, look forward to the morn….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 13:59

Quote:

Nah family’s might feel forced to buy that sort of stuff

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 14:13

As mentioned before just a stock top with the badge added. Could have surely picked a better one than that.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 14:20

I really like the maroon away strip but have to admit I have caught myself a few times getting ready to shake my head when I see someone wearing it in Dunfermline and think it`s a Hearts top.

Anything that brings in money to the club is good. I genuinely can`t imagine many kids demanding their parents buy this though. Even if they did, it`s no different to them demanding a PS5 or whatever. Christmas is always a crap time of year for parents who have less disposable income. That`s not changed from when I was young and you`d have the inevitable "what did you get?" chats with your pals after the holidays. Sadly, there`s not much that can be done about it.

Perhaps if people are concerned there could be some sort of donation/giveaway set up like the Forth One Christmas appeal. Maybe need to check they`re a Pars fan before they get Pars merch 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 15:24

The reality is that we only have a third kit because Joma have let the club down badly with the home and away kit supplies which are both bespoke. This is an off the shelf number readily available and the club will put the badges on themselves.
I do not think we would have had a third kit at all had it not be for the supply issues of the bespoke kit leading up to the Christmas rush. Cannot image Errea will be as poor as these lot.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 15:27

Quote:

68guns, Fri 11 Nov 15:24

The reality is that we only have a third kit because Joma have let the club down badly with the home and away kit supplies which are both bespoke. This is an off the shelf number readily available and the club will put the badges on themselves.
I do not think we would have had a third kit at all had it not be for the supply issues of the bespoke kit leading up to the Christmas rush. Cannot image Errea will be as poor as these lot.

Don’t think that’s true as the sponsor is sublimated. I.e. it’s part of the shirt print.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 17:13

Quote:

Kdy Par, Fri 11 Nov 15:27

Quote:

Don’t think that’s true as the sponsor is sublimated. I.e. it’s part of the shirt print.

Is it definitely part of the shirt design? It was hard to tell in the pictures.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 18:05

Quote:

jake89, Fri 11 Nov 17:13

Quote:

Kdy Par, Fri 11 Nov 15:27

Quote:

Is it definitely part of the shirt design? It was hard to tell in the pictures.

It says it’s sublimated on the Dafcshop website.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 18:25

Apologies don`t know the tech speak for sublimated etc but its the reason we have a third strip I can assure you.
The kit was delivered blank and sent to Glasgow to have the badge`s pressed on.
Also there won`t be third kit socks till into next week.
Errea can`t come quick enough in my opinion but it`s only my opinion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 18:39

Back oh the net - yeah you’re right these people don’t have a choice to buy or not to buy

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 19:27

Quote:

68guns, Fri 11 Nov 18:25

Apologies don`t know the tech speak for sublimated etc but its the reason we have a third strip I can assure you.
The kit was delivered blank and sent to Glasgow to have the badge`s pressed on.
Also there won`t be third kit socks till into next week.
Errea can`t come quick enough in my opinion but it`s only my opinion.

But if the sponsor logo is sub...what he said, then it needed customisation meaning that there`s no reason they couldn`t produce more home or away tops surely?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 19:31

Jake89 - I posted earlier on in the thread about a buy one donate one kind of scheme where some underprivileged kids could benefit from it maybe the club could chuck in some free family tickets for some families who are truly hit hard by the cost of living crisis maybe take their mind of their problems For a hour or so after all we are ment to be a community club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 23:37

Quote:

buffy, Fri 11 Nov 13:48

Only one poster remarked about the top looking like Alloa’s ~ the OP.

I compared it to a wasp because it looks yellae and black ~ that’s it really.

Nothing wrong in asking why we need a third kit, either. Nae need for the angry responses.

I think everyone needs to chill oot, relax, look forward to the morn….

Love it. Whinge about the strip, twice, then tell everyone else to chill out. Gid yin.

I think everyone needs to chill oot, relax, look forward to the morn..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 23:48

I hear the reason this has been offered is because we have sold out of the first and second kits

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 05:27

Exactly Raymie. The club is only trying to give fans an option as the home and away kits sold so quickly this year. Imagine the comments on here if there was no strip available to buy at Christmas. Probably the same fans who complain that `the shop is not stocked to their liking`

I`m amazed at the fans using the cost-of-living crisis as an excuse why we should not have a third kit, no one is forced to purchase anything, or do we need to print a warning across the adverts stating that buying it could put you in financial difficulty. Everyone can make up their mind if they can afford it and if not, then the sensible thing is to leave it on the shelf. This applies to every purchase and every family. Children pester power is used as an excuse too often. The club is also facing the same cost of living crisis as everyone else, why are they being demonised by some for trying to make some much needed income at the same time offering fans something different?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 07:08

Sorry I’m unclear how to reply specifically to one message but I’m replying to the user called Roger_Daltrey. I’m assuming it’s not THE Roger Daltrey as I imagine he’s too busy arguing with fans about Pete Towshend’s search history on The Who forums than caring about the Pars 3rd kit.

Regardless, I agree with you, Roger. The whole “cost of living crisis” and “fleecing the fans” is an easy to make point. They’re relevant points, sure. But for those who feel that way; let’s say you win that argument. What next? You don’t support the team anymore? You were right about the club trying to make money out of a 3rd kit?

Let’s get real. Investment or not we’re in the 3rd tier with a 2nd tier squad and are likely paying above our means. Buy it if you want. Don’t bother if you don’t.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 07:22

If it is because of the fact there are no more home or away tops and no more can be manufactured I think this is a good thing for the Christmas market.

The only thing is the price, if this is an off the shelf shirt with the badge and sponsor put on by the club, surely the price could have been cheaper.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 08:43

I read that a football club typically makes between 7.5% and 15%( if you`re lucky) of the revenue on shirt sales.So you would need to sell a decent amount of shirts to make any decent money.

The surprise to me is that it costs over £20 for the off the shelf ones.Hopefully we benefit from economies of scale in that regard but once you factor in overheads(haulage, cost of the badge and putting them on the shirts, staff wages, cost of electricity running the shop,excess stock etc) it would be interesting to see what our bottom line is.I`m not denying it`s expensive but it does seem to be a standard price.
I had to buy a Liverpool shirt as a gift last year and they had a stadium shirt which to get with a 4 letter name and number cost me £120!- a few months later and they had a new strip! A bog standard match shirt was £70 but it was like putting on a wet suit-you would need to be in the gym every week to carry it off😀

Post Edited (Sat 12 Nov 09:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 09:07

What people forget is that a shirt doesn`t just cost £20. On top of that you`ll have:

Distribution costs
Admin costs
Marketing costs
Energy costs

Plus the risk of unsold shirts that essentially become worthless stock at the end of the season.

The other issue clubs like the Pars have is getting it right in terms of how many shirts to order. Order too many and you`ve wasted a load of cash, order too few (as it sounds like we have) and you`ve potentially missed out on revenue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:01

Don`t see the issue. Nobody forced to buy it and the ones that do give the club a bit of a lift.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:34

Saw the new Scotland shirt last week priced at £65.00, sure to be a stocking filler!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:59

Whatever your views on the look of the kit (and I`m not particulary fond of it) it`s selling really well according to the guys in the club shop.

Post Edited (Sat 12 Nov 10:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 11:17

Jake, it’s not just how many shirts to order. There’s the added complication of ordering the right number and the right sizes. Clubs can easily sellout, say, XL but be left with loads of other sizes.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 11:32

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Sat 12 Nov 11:17

Jake, it’s not just how many shirts to order. There’s the added complication of ordering the right number and the right sizes. Clubs can easily sellout, say, XL but be left with loads of other sizes.

XL? What are you trying to say? 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 11:33

I didn’t whinge once never mind twice. Take yer fishing rod elsewhere Roger.

My question about the need for a third strip was answered. Happy as Larry me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 12:49

bought the strip anyone thinking about buying it get the next size up from the home and away tops.

Secondly does not look like they have many left so be quick.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:43

Top has the transfer sponsor logo and not integrated into the kit like home and away.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net