DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Youngsters
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 16:41

What`s the point in them being on the bench when they have no chance of coming on?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 16:43

nick_dafc1 wrote:

> What`s the point in them being on the bench when they have no
> chance of coming on?

They are on the bench because there`s no-one else.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:08

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 12 Nov 16:43

nick_dafc1 wrote:

> What`s the point in them being on the bench when they have no
> chance of coming on?

They are on the bench because there`s no-one else.


You are not forced to name 9 subs.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:14

If we were comfortably ahead, they`d probably get a run. Presumably they`d rather be involved than sitting in the stand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:14

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 12 Nov 17:08

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 12 Nov 16:43

nick_dafc1 wrote:

> What`s the point in them being on the bench when they have no
> chance of coming on?

They are on the bench because there`s no-one else.


You are not forced to name 9 subs.


So we should just name 4 subs? Aye okay. Gives them matchday experience, they`ll get their chance on Tuesday.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:33

Quote:

DBA, Sat 12 Nov 17:14

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 12 Nov 17:08

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 12 Nov 16:43

nick_dafc1 wrote:

> What`s the point in them being on the bench when they have no
> chance of coming on?

They are on the bench because there`s no-one else.


You are not forced to name 9 subs.


So we should just name 4 subs? Aye okay. Gives them matchday experience, they`ll get their chance on Tuesday.


No we should use them if the players in front of them are playing sh...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:41

Take it you weren`t at the Peterhead home game?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:54

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 12 Nov 17:41

Take it you weren`t at the Peterhead home game?


We never used any of them in that game either.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 17:58

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 12 Nov 17:54

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 12 Nov 17:41

Take it you weren`t at the Peterhead home game?


We never used any of them in that game either.


We brought subs on and lost 2 goals since then mcpake doesn`t seem to empty the bench.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 19:31

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 12 Nov 17:58

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 12 Nov 17:54

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 12 Nov 17:41

Take it you weren`t at the Peterhead home game?


We never used any of them in that game either.


We brought subs on and lost 2 goals since then mcpake doesn`t seem to empty the bench.


Well when we are losing 2-0 I don`t think he needs to worry about losing goals lol
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 20:16

"We brought subs on and lost 2 goals since then mcpake doesn`t seem to empty the bench"

1 sub came on when we went 2-0 up, the wrong sub which is on McPake.

the kids are there in case of a real emergency and we need another player, thats all. a couple might get a game on Tuesday with possibly only 12 first team players available and a couple who should not play, ideally they should not even be on the bench but they will have to.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 20:29

The u18’s had a game on Friday afternoon so hardly getting chucked into a game today

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 20:36

Bit of a risk bringing on young lads with little experience. The 19 year old Mahon just didn`t look the part at all today. He looked like he would struggle in junior football.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 09:17

If we’re waiting until we’re a few goals up before giving the youngsters game time it’s going to be a long season for them, we’re no where near good enough food that to happen very often at all.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 09:21

Squad depth exposed yesterday with no Allan, Hamilton, McCann or O`Hara. Asa result we fill the bench with youngsters, if nothing else they can learn and work more with the first teamers..not that much positive was learned yesterday.

I did wonder if Andy Tod would come on, as at least an attacker and we needed goals. But no real shock he didnt

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Youngsters
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 09:50

As stated above the youngsters had a game on Friday afternoon and some may play on Tuesday night. Although they play for the under 18s some are only 16.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net