DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Stats
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 20:02

A couple of weeks ago we were querying the BBC`s stats in our game against Kelty. How about these ones from the QP v ICT game today, especially re possession and fouls :-

Queen`s Park 2 v 1 Inverness CT
Possession
Home82% Away18%
Shots
Home10 Away5
Shots on Target
Home5 Away2
Corners
Home18 Away3
Fouls
Home1 Away2

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Stats
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 20:06

Haha, nuts. 3 fouls in 90 minutes! 82% possession, that`s like Spain v San Marino.

Complete nonsense, they should just scrap it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:53

I haven’t believed BBC stats for a long time, there’s so many mistakes it’s completely unreliable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 10:01

Doubt BBC are responsible for the stats. Google has the same:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=queen%27s+park+vs+inverness+ct
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 10:07

From the BBC website:

‘The football data on the BBC Sport website is currently supplied by Opta for all competitions.’

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 14:01

There are normally a couple of guys in the press box, one with some sort of phone app with brightly coloured squares which I guess are used to record shots, corners, possibly changes of possession etc. The other has a laminated plan of a football pitch and is mic’ed up. I imagine he spends the game intoning things like “sideways pass, sideways pass….and back to square one.”

I would guess one is working for Opta, possibly the other a betting company?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 14:10

I think that all the betting companies and apps like Flashscore will all use the info from that one person. You can see things like who’s on the ball, where the ball is, dangerous attacks etc in real time in all of these apps.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 17:59

Sat next to someone doing this a few years back at a Partick Thistle game.

Was literally a young guy clicking different areas of a pitch on an ipad to represent where the ball was every few seconds. Asked at half time and it was some 3rd party company employing him in lieu of an Asian betting site and he was happy with getting in for free and a few quid travelling expenses.

Would imagine it would be accurate to a degree at Premier level but below that just a lottery.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 20:09

I bumped into a Polish guy who worked in the canteen at my work in Edinburgh at East End Park a couple if years ago. He was a big football fan and had a job working for a company that provides live game info to betting companies. He said he got travelling expenses, the entry fee paid for him and 20 quid, and he had to call someone and give a very basic live commentary on the game. This consisted of saying where the ball was, fouls, bookings, who was attacking, corners, free kicks etc. This was probably around 2019 so things might have moved on.
I would imagine the betting companies must all use more than one source as, potentially someone could get him working on a sting, getting a next goal bet in as it happened before he dialed it in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 11:01

Interesting stats from Pie and Bovril on Twitter.

We are the best in Scotland with goals conceded average of 0.60
Goals scored we sitting in the middle at 1.47 per game
We are second last in the whole of Scotland with average total goals scored and conceded in a match with an average of 2.07.

Keep the defensive side up and start scoring a few more goals!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 07:40

Yeah and the worst defences on those stats were Clyde and Peterhead.
🤪

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net