DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Halbeath rd
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:10

What`s going on at the end of games. No police on halbeath rd blocking traffic at full time . For me it`s a tradition that at full time you get to walk along the halbeath rd .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Halbeath rd
Topic Originator: Fallen Angel  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:17

Costs a fair for police to shut the road.

Stay on the pavement after the game??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:21

Not the widest pavement for the amount of people piling out. Stupid decision by the police
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:26

If they aren’t going to close the road then cars should not be allowed to park on the pavement. Cars shouldn’t be parking on pavements anyway but it makes it far too narrow heading back into town and the drivers aren’t exactly patient especially with the amount of kids about.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:29

Cant cost that much to have two police cars blocking the Rd for 10 15 minutes at the end of the game . Or is it going to take someone getting run over before they act

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:51

Police Scotland not giving a **** about public safety. Whoever is making these decisions really needs to be telt. There’s nowhere else with such a concentration of people on a Saturday afternoon and they don’t need to commit many resources to help it, absolutely baffling the decision.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:55

This is an issue I do have concerns with this, on at least two occasions I have seen people who were lucky not to be hurt. Although there was an announcement near the end of the game that dosen`t mediate the speed of traffic when 4.5k walk out of the stadium at FT. I have emailed SLO Drew Main on a few occasions but the club is seemingly helpless. I gather the club at the start of the season has applied to the Council for a TTRO which was approved. However, this was refused by Police Scotland. I do fear someone will be seriously hurt

Post Edited (Sat 12 Nov 22:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 22:59

Quote:

Superally, Sat 12 Nov 22:55

This is an issue I do have concerns with this, on at least two occasions I have seen people who were lucky not to be hurt. Although there was an announcement near the end of the game that dosen`t mediate the speed of traffic when 4.5k walk out of the stadium at FT. I have emailed SLO Drew Main on a few occasions but the club is seemingly helpless. I gather the club at the start of the season has applied to the Council for a TTRO which was approved. However, this was refused by Police Scotland. I do fear someone will be seriously hurt

How about people just don`t walk on the road ??
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 23:04

An serious accident waiting to happen. The club are powerless and it’s down to the police who have sight of the problem but have chosen to ignore. Cars screeching to a halt, fans running a gauntlet through moving vehicles is awful and the loss of life or at least a serious injury in a distinct possibility. I have contacted Police Scotland but,as yet, no response. Please keep up the pressure on Police Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 01:27

Walk on the pavement as you normally would and there is no issue. The amount of moaning on every single thread is getting boring. We are a terrible club who fleece fans and also want our supporters Mown down. Big yawns.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 08:29

So what do people do when they reach the Sinclair Gardens roundabout? Do they suddenly discover pavements again?

Walk on the pavement, ticket the illegally parked cars. Job done.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 09:37

Come on eh, it`s not rocket science to see the pavements can`t take the capacity required at the end of the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 09:48

If anyone’s really that worried then contact your councillor or MSP rather than the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 09:54

Concerned about this too. The sheer volume of people hitting the road at the same time makes "walk on the pavement" a totally inadequate solution.

If the road was a commercial entity I`m pretty sure the operators would be in bother for failing to adequately manage safety.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 09:59

I don`t blame the club, it`s the police`s responsibility
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 10:50

We barely have a police force in Fife anymore let alone Dunfermline.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 10:55

Go to Legends or Charlie Ds for a beer or two after game just to keep yourself out of danger obviously

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 12:10

The speed some cars were travelling last night was insane. It’s unbelievable how the police can’t see the need to close the road off for 10 minutes. Someone’s going to get hurt.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 12:26

Can a temporary 20 limit not be imposed like outside schools at emptying time? They`re everywhere else. Seems a pretty simple solution

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 12:35

Agree the road should be closed for a while like it has been for the last 30 years (presumably the “walk on the pavement” suggestion has been deemed inappropriate for the last 30 years). Equally, drivers faced with the sea of people should simply stop for a few minutes.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 12:58

It’s back to the problem we seem to have these days, in that common courtesy and generally thinking about other people has to be legislated or in this instance ‘enforced’ by police
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 13 Nov 13:09

"So what do people do when they reach the Sinclair Gardens roundabout? Do they suddenly discover pavements again?"

What are you on about? The road was only ever closed as far as the bottom of Garvock Hill, not all the way along to Sinclair Gardens. And that`s sensible, as loads of folk go up there meaning there`s more room on pavements beyond that.

When you have so many people at one time, it`s inevitable there will be a spill onto the road and I`d argue that it`s actually dangerous to try to force everyone onto pavements that are too narrow to accommodate it. If someone slips or trips, especially in darkness, or if someone does that infuriating `stop dead to look at phone` thing, there`s nowhere to go. If you want everyone to use a pavement, you`re esentially asking everyone to move only as fast as the slowest person, which might be a toddler fannying about or someone with mobility issues. As someone who has spent much of the last 5 years hobbling, I`d have felt extremely uncomfortable holding everyone up coming along there, with a buildup of people behind me.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net