DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ronaldo
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 11:41

If anyone needed any confirmation that it`s always been about Ronaldo in a team sport, then the interview he has given and his recent behaviour at Utd, just cements that?

Clearly, he has played his last game for the club and who, in their right mind, would bring such a narcissistic personality into their fold?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ronaldo
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 12:57

Is this the interview with Piers Morgan? What is it he actually says?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 13:19

Manure - the gift that keeps on giving!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 13:36

In extracts from the wide-ranging interview - published in the Sun, Ronaldo said:

People at the club were trying to force him out.

There had been "no evolution" at the club since Sir Alex Ferguson`s departure in 2013, and the Scot agreed United were "not on the path they deserve to be".

The club showed a lack of "empathy" when his young daughter was hospitalised in July.

He had "never heard" of previous manager Ralf Rangnick.

He did not know why former team-mate Wayne Rooney criticised him, adding: "Probably because he finished his career and I`m still playing".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 13:44

Apart from the first point (which is speculation) he`s not far wrong with the rest to be fair.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 14:00

Presumably the club think the appointment of Ten Hag is the start of the `evolution`. Ronaldo said he had no respect for Ten Hag because Ten Hag had no respect for him. Which should come first?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 14:04

He intimated that things hadn`t changed since his previous stint, same gym with the same equipment, no modernisation. Players canteen had never changed, obviously a lack of investment in the backroom.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 16:35

He`s played his last game for Utd. He just isn`t at the races at all this session despite having an excellent tally last term. Perhaps the death of his child has had effect mentally which would be understandable. Get him off the books and use a fraction of his enormous wage to tie up Garnacho on a long term deal.

Post Edited (Mon 14 Nov 16:40)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 16:42

I can`t see him playing for United again, unless he makes a grovelling apology and that`s very unlikely. 

He`s looked after himself very well, had a fantastic career and is a contender for the GOAT. It was never going to work with Ten Hag. He expects every player to work their socks off for the team. Ronaldo didn`t even do that 10 years ago, never mind now. 

Another manager may have asked the other players to work that bit harder and leave Ronaldo to put the ball in the net and that can work - Filippo Inzaghi scored 30 Serie A goals for Atalanta, playing as a penalty box poacher but when he got a move to Juve, he was told he`d have to muck in with the other players.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 17:47

All seems pretty fair TBH. Man Utd seem set up to make people money rather than to be a successful club. I realise that the two usually go hand in hand but not so much with Man Utd right now. I`d suggest it`s not necessarily the managers who are the issue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 19:26

Bizzare to do that with someone like Morgan`s reputation - as well as being a huge Arsenal fan - he will be loving that.

Timing as well, just before a World Cup and a pile of added / unwanted attention on Portugal which their manager will not want.

For someone who is so well managed and protected in terms of their brand and image the whole thing is just mad.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 19:42

Worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/-6O14SD-IE4

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Mon 14 Nov 19:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 14 Nov 19:54

Brinde

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Tue 15 Nov 01:59

I know this isn`t news but it kills me every time I see it

Post Edited (Tue 15 Nov 02:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 13:50

Latest development :-

Manchester United have appointed lawyers to sue Cristiano Ronaldo for alleged breach of contract after claims made by the forward in a recent interview, with the club seeking a swift resolution to the issue.

It means Ronaldo will almost certainly never play for United again and it is understood the 37-year-old has been instructed not to return to the club’s Carrington training base after his participation with Portugal in the World Cup in Qatar.

Ronaldo’s contract is worth about £500,000 a week and expires in July. United had no prior knowledge of the interview given by Ronaldo, who wanted to leave in the summer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bazzler1981  
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 18:15

Gary Neville said on his podcast “the overlap” pretty much the same as Ronaldo has said about the stadium, training facilities, the manager, the fact the glaziers take huge dividends out the club, but he’s a ex player not a current player you can’t talk about your employers like that if I said anything about my employer like he did I would be out on my ear

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 18:19

Given he has little if any value in the transfer market, make him train with youngsters, any breaches by him fine him. Let him sit out the rest of his contract.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 22:53

Pretty hurtful thing he said about Wayne Rooney too. Rooney made a reasonable comment about the situation and Ronaldo had an unreasonably bitter response suggesting Rooney was jealous because he (Ronaldo) was better looking. How surface level can you get. You might have thought a close friend would have a quiet word with him to think before he made himself look ridiculous.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 19 Nov 00:00

I don`t imagine he`s not got any close friends. If he thinks he does they`re more likely hangers on rather than the kind of friends that would tell him to stop being a tube.

Ronaldo sounds like an arrogant tool in a lot of the comments he made, particularly the Rooney ones. Credit to him for working his bottom to be be perfect on all fronts but not everyone physically can or mentally has the drive do that. He seems totally apathetic and lack understanding for those who don`t. Some `team mate`.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 19 Nov 10:20

To be fair perhaps mentally he`s not in a great place. It`s only been six months since the passing of his child and apparently that child`s twin sister has also been struggling with poor health since then as well.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 17:43

BBC News - Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Manchester United with immediate effect

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]

Post Edited (Tue 22 Nov 17:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 19:58

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63720774

Post Edited (Tue 22 Nov 20:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 19:59

Honestly think they`re well rid.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 20:46

Has been well advised. It will be easier for Mendes to find him a club now

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Tue 22 Nov 20:47)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net