DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 09:43

As mentioned on another thread this game has been scheduled for Friday 9 December at 7.45 pm. Does this mean it`s going to be televised? If not, what is the logic of moving it from Saturday afternoon to a Friday evening? There`s usually a healthy travelling support to Arbroath but do the clubs believe as many will decide to venture north on the evening of the 9th as on the afternoon of the 10th? This tournament isn`t that popular and I don`t think this decision is going to change that. It seemed an ideal way to fill a blank Saturday but what do I know, I`m just a fan!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 10:21

I`m not especially bothered about the competition and wouldn`t make any great effort to go to an away game in it, but there`s probably a 70% chance I`d have gone had it been on the Saturday. On a Friday night, that`s dropped to about 30%. Friday night home games are usually OK for me, but away games at that time I just find annoying. It seems particdularly odd to play on a Friday in early December when a number of people are likely to have a work Christmas night.

BBC Alba are showing a game on Thursday night, so I really don`t know the reason for moving our game.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 10:34

Would have gone on the Saturday as enjoy a trip to Arbroath. Bought tickets to see the Saw Doctors at the Barrowlands on the Friday so it`s a no from me.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 10:40

Could our SLO maybe provide an answer?

I must say I find it extremely annoying when decisions like this are made without any explanation being offered to fans. I know TV companies couldn`t give a toss about inconveniencing travelling fans but I expect more of the clubs.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 11:09

There`s absolutely no way a Challenge Cup game is being televised, but I`ve no idea why it`s been moved.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 11:24

The final has been televised in recent years but I`m not sure about earlier rounds.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: GPar00  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 11:26

Could it be to do with the world cup?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 11:48

2 WC QFs scheduled for 9 Dec and 2 on 10 Dec.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 12:11

Christmas night out with work that night so won`t be going. I`d imagine many others will be in the same boat.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: Stooie  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 13:24

I always enjoy our trips to Arbroath on a Saturday. Perth to Arbroath on a December evening is a whole different matter though. I thought TV for evening matches was permitted but Arbroath ticketing is silent on the matter. Shall try phoning later today.

Stuart Wardrop
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 13:33

would expect ParsTV to stream it.

____________________
contact: email me
File Share: https://share2.co.uk
ParsTV: https://ParsTV.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: Stooie  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 15:41

Brian
How soon will we know if PARS TV will screen this? Thanks by the way for the help on Tuesday. Saw the second half. Perfect picture and sound. Not a buffering in sight. I think on Tuesday that once the issue was solved I should have logged in. I had assumed I was still logged in after I had paid and after I logged in all the necessary icons appeared and bingo - sound and vision.

Stuart Wardrop
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 17:11

no problem, thanks for letting me know.

I forgot to tell the commentary team that it was on before kick off, ** OMG **
took me until 2 minutes past until I said, you`d better talk !!

The other problem is that you do have to press play, it does not autoplay when stream comes back on.

will keep you posted whether we will be there or not.

____________________
contact: email me
File Share: https://share2.co.uk
ParsTV: https://ParsTV.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 17:18

by the way, we are looking for further people to help on ParsTV.

____________________
contact: email me
File Share: https://share2.co.uk
ParsTV: https://ParsTV.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 17:37

How did this thread get hi-jacked by one on ParsTV which already has a thread of its own?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: Bazzler1981  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 18:33

Oh wee eck’s no happy 🤣

What sort of help do you need Brian??

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 18:44

I`m trying not to state the obvious, but maybe the clubs decided that the Fri was better for them both?
Won`t be the first time games in this competition have been moved to the Fri night. Possibly both clubs want to give the players the weekend off?

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 18:53

That could be it but why not explain it to the fans?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: Paristotle  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 21:38

Quote:

helensburghpar, Thu 17 Nov 10:34

Would have gone on the Saturday as enjoy a trip to Arbroath. Bought tickets to see the Saw Doctors at the Barrowlands on the Friday so it`s a no from me.


Is that a different band to the Spin Doctors? I feel I am at risk of betraying my hefty age here...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Thu 17 Nov 22:01

Saw Doctors are an Irish band from Tuam. Totally different from the Spin Doctors. Haven`t toured for a few years and sold out really quickly. Pity it clashes with Arbroath game. Would like to know why it`s been moved.



Post Edited (Thu 17 Nov 22:01)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Arbroath v Pars
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 18 Nov 09:08

Hijacked ?

I posted on this thread about ParsTV as I thought it would catch the eye of some that might be able to offer their Software, Production or Camera experience. (or if you would like to learn)



Post Edited (Fri 18 Nov 19:55)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net