DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporters Clubs meeting 22/11
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 13:44

DAFC.net (and EEB) admin are invited to attend the above meeting so I’m toddling along to EEP tomorrow night. I’m not technically an admin member but, being a regular contributor and a stone’s throw away from our place of worship, I volunteered.

It’s not an open meeting to fans but I’d like to ask questions on your behalf. I won’t be providing live updates but will be taking notes to then post on here later.

Please use this thread for any questions preferably one q per poster, thanks.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporters Clubs meeting 22/11
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 14:26

Buffy, could you ask why the SPFL Trust Trophy match against Arbroath has been scheduled for the evening of Friday 9 December instead of the afternoon of Saturday 10 December please? It`s not just the decision that annoys me but the fact that no explanation for it has been given to the fans.

I have e-mailed our Supporters` Liaison Officer at two different addresses about this and, disappointingly, have received no reply.

Thanks.

ETA -You can scrub that question as I have just received a response from SLO, Drew Main.

The reason the game was switched is that Arbroath had approached both DA and Celtic before our tie asking that the match be switched to the Friday evening to avoid clashing with WC QFs scheduled for the Saturday and the club agreed to this.

Post Edited (Mon 21 Nov 15:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 16:23

2 questions from me please
1. Pleases petition police Scotland to close halbeath rd after matches for obvious safety reasons

2. Will the club invest in pars tv to help them overcome the variety of problems they encounter.

Thanks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 17:07

I’m only going to ask one question per poster dd23 ~ which is why I wrote that in my OP.

If there are any questions asked by the EEB admin which are the same then I’ll simply write those in my finished notes.

Cheers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 17:16

Dd23 can take my quota of 1 question per poster then as I`d like to hear them both answered. Please miss.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 18:31

What’s the likelihood of mochrie being recalled in January?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: goldensixties  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 18:48

Are there any plans to improve the public address system at East End Park?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 19:00

PA system was mentioned at previous meeting, it would cost around £50,000 to replace and they said they needed other things done first before they could afford to fix it

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 19:09

What are the aims for the January transfer window.

Do we have ambitions to sign anyone and if we do have we already started the process
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: danielpar  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 20:01

What are the specific roles which was given to each board member?

I think they also need to give us an update on the training ground and let us know if Damir Keretic is still involved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 20:19

Without naming any players have we opened contrast negotiations with any of the players that are out of contract in the summer..or is it a case of needing to wait until we know what league we will be in *cough edwards

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 20:41

What is our current staff set-up? Seem to be a few new faces. People seem to have joined/left without many if any announcements from the club

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 21:34

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 21 Nov 14:26

Buffy, could you ask why the SPFL Trust Trophy match against Arbroath has been scheduled for the evening of Friday 9 December instead of the afternoon of Saturday 10 December please? It`s not just the decision that annoys me but the fact that no explanation for it has been given to the fans.

I have e-mailed our Supporters` Liaison Officer at two different addresses about this and, disappointingly, have received no reply.

Thanks.

ETA -You can scrub that question as I have just received a response from SLO, Drew Main.

The reason the game was switched is that Arbroath had approached both DA and Celtic before our tie asking that the match be switched to the Friday evening to avoid clashing with WC QFs scheduled for the Saturday and the club agreed to this.

So they moved it to the Friday so it wouldn't clash with a quarter final game.... Where it still clashes with a quarter final game.... 🤣

Post Edited (Mon 21 Nov 21:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 21:41

I can answer one.
"Will the club invest in pars tv to help them overcome the variety of problems they encounter. "

the club have invested (heavily) in the network recently (after out network issuea couple weeks ago)

if you have specific issues then please let us know, bearing in mind that we can`t guarantee the stream to work on all SmartTV`s.

notwithstanding the start up issues seen such as on Saturday. you can`t legislate sometimes, but be prepared as we did and had a decent enough stream. (we did overcome the problems we encountered)

as mentioned we do need help with volunteers on ParsTV so if you would like to help please get in touch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 21:45

Are there any plans to change the catering, perhaps even include more variety, stovies, pizza, soup, burgers etc

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Mon 21 Nov 22:03

What are the Board planning to do about the current dizzy vertigo experienced by every fan?

We need a Board statement!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 11:19

What are the three super bright lights hanging from the main stand for? Don`t appear to be doing anything except blinding everyone in the North Stand.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4Life.  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 13:12

When the new owners came in, they spoke of exciting ideas they had which were hampered at the time by covid/lockdowns. When can we expect to see these come to fruition?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 14:39

I spoke to some residents in the vicinity of eep who advised they had complained to fife police because of the time the road was closed post match. As mad as this sounds - and goodness knows what they did before now - they said it was in reference to accessing / exiting their homes. Two people who used to frequent eep a number of years ago also suggested that because the NMC and away end emptied first into the concourse then the larger area behind should mean that there’s no reason for the supporters to walk on to Halbeath Rd. I couldn’t believe my ears. Why on earth would a 3k size crowd be expected to even attempt those narrow pavements. Thankfully the general consensus at the meeting was that the police should stop the traffic in all circumstances.

I also spoke to friends who live near Starks Park who also advised that the police have stopped closing the road there, too. As you’ll see from my notes a steward has been injured crossing Pratt St.

Post Edited (Wed 23 Nov 00:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 16:00

Are the police not currently on a work to rule, which means "extra duties " are not covered?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 17:01

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Tue 22 Nov 11:19

What are the three super bright lights hanging from the main stand for? Don`t appear to be doing anything except blinding everyone in the North Stand.

Great question, would like to know this too. Can feel my retinas burning out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 17:45

^^ a total guess, where the floodlight pylon is in that corner and with only 3 rows of lights compared to 6 in the past, there is a dark spot on the park and those lights are there to fix that?

another question, the manager back in June talked about a process the club was starting for transfers and a number of people were involved, what is it and who are the people involved?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 18:23

How much does the club save by shutting the NW for cup games, and would it be better opening the whole of the north stand instead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 18:36

Quote:

brian, Mon 21 Nov 21:41

I can answer one.
"Will the club invest in pars tv to help them overcome the variety of problems they encounter. "

the club have invested (heavily) in the network recently (after out network issuea couple weeks ago)

if you have specific issues then please let us know, bearing in mind that we can`t guarantee the stream to work on all SmartTV`s.

notwithstanding the start up issues seen such as on Saturday. you can`t legislate sometimes, but be prepared as we did and had a decent enough stream. (we did overcome the problems we encountered)

as mentioned we do need help with volunteers on ParsTV so if you would like to help please get in touch.

Sorry, I can barely switch a computer or a camera on so wouldn’t be much use to you.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Nov 21:18

Quote:

GJS93, Tue 22 Nov 17:45

^^ a total guess, where the floodlight pylon is in that corner and with only 3 rows of lights compared to 6 in the past, there is a dark spot on the park and those lights are there to fix that?

GJS hits the nail on the head. That’s exactly why those three lights are there. Once the floodlights are repaired those three lights will not be needed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 09:43

[ info removed ]

da_no_1 thanks for the info and appreciate your input, I see you mention there is also an update on the EEB forum.

we think it`s better to have all the info in a story as its quite a lot.

https://dafc.net/story.php?t=Supporters_Groups_Meeting_22_November_2022&ID=3859

Post Edited (Wed 23 Nov 10:01)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net