DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Live Updates news
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 13:39

I joined an organisation last month called Women in Journalism Scotland, and attended one of their annual events in Glasgow.

I was a fish out of water on my lonesome, and didn’t know what to expect. Thankfully found my voice (after a wee Coca Cola or two) and met some extraordinary people from all walks of life. Up til that point I didn’t consider myself a writer but it appears the match reporting has made me one. Very grateful to .net and Brian 🙏 for that opportunity.

The majority of women at the event were journalism students at Glasgow university, studying all manner of careers, including sport.

So, a couple of days ago, I sent a message to WIJS about an idea I had. They thought it was great, as did Brian, and today Craig Brown, our media officer, confirmed his acceptance, too.

In the near future. at some home matches, I will have the opportunity to have Glasgow University sport journalism students sit alongside me in the press box, at East End Park, to gain an insight into match reporting, and media coverage. I thought it would help their course work, and their career prospects in the media, and wanted to impart my skills, also learn from them about their courses and prospects, whilst giving them a first hand match-day experience.

It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, and very happy I’ve been able to achieve this.

🖤🤍❤️

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Thu 24 Nov 14:47)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Special News about the Live Updates
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 13:49

That sounds great, buffy. Does that mean you`ll be a (wo)mentor! 😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 14:01

Tormentor more like!

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 14:02

That`s a brilliant development, well done. Now you`ll have someone to go and get your half-time pie for you ...

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 14:10

Ye can go aff folk awfy quickly ken - no lookin at anybody in particular, EastEndTales 🤪

Thanks folks.

It’s growing arms and legs as we speak, all on my own time and legwork (well, hands, typing).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 14:45

Following on from my post yesterday ~ the opportunity to learn / enjoy / or you’re simply curious as to what my match day experience involves ~ is open to anyone.

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you’d like to join me (and other areas of the club’s media team, including ParsTV).

It’s interesting, fun, a great way to use transferable skills, and indulge your love of football.

Post Edited (Thu 24 Nov 15:03)
[IP address logged]
 Re: Live Updates news
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 15:42

Superb initiative .. well done buffy

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
 Re: Live Updates news
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:10

We’ve had an enquiry re this initiative and will hopefully have a university student alongside me for an updates day, next year.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net