DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Embarrasing
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 19:32

https://twitter.com/FalkirkFC/status/1595484763938340899

Post Edited (Wed 23 Nov 19:33)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Embarrasing
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 19:44

Oh ma sides 😂😂😂😂😂

Living rent free in the head of Falkirk fc since 1885

Come on ye pars ⚽️

Post Edited (Wed 23 Nov 19:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 20:23

Oh dear

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 20:33

If I win the lottery, I`m going to buy the advertising board on the back of that stand to promote the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 20:39

£5k for a ten year season ticket seems like an absolute bargain for a team in the third tier of Scottish football with the added bonus of being a creditor trying to get something back when they go bust 😬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 23 Nov 21:51

We need to raise £600k this year. That will still leave us £400k short though. Unlucky lads.. the clocks ticking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 09:46

That said, the best footballing side doesn’t always win matches and the result against Dunfermline was a disappointment to everyone. The build up to the game, the huge match attendance and the buzz around the stadium on matchday were absolutely brilliant and, although the result went against us, served as a reminder of the massive potential of our club.

Part of an email I received from Falkirk FC, for some obscure reason they think I`m a fan, must have my email from when I bought match tickets, however the fact I bought in the away end should have been a clue!!!!!

Thick and bitter, who knew?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 10:53

Seems like you have an opportunity to reply...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 10:55

I got that email too, oapar. I thought about sending a cheeky response but just `unsubscribed` instead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 10:57

I don`t remember ticking a contact me box when I bought a ticket from Falkirk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 11:37

They seem to be trying to recruit us as Falkirk supporters. As they say in Glasgow "Naw yer a` right mate".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 11:57

I got the email as well. Think I’ll stay subscribed. I like a good laugh now and then. 🤪😂🤪
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 13:00

Got that Email too and I live in Turkey !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 13:10

They must be desperate. ☺️🤸‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 24 Nov 22:41

Just wait till the end of this season then unsubscribe as you won’t need to buy tickets from them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 06:59

Like many Pars fans, I dislike Falkirk FC and their scummy supporters with a passion. I don`t buy into all the schadenfreude though. I haven`t forgotten that we nearly folded in 2013, but for the generosity of our creditors.

I might might be in a minority of one, when I say that not only do I not want to see Falkirk liquidated, but would actually like to see them promoted to the Championship, along with the Pars, at the end of the season. It`s that fierce rivalry which generates an atmosphere that fires up the players of each team, making games so much more enjoyable. Would you not rather have 4 games v Falkirk next season than either Hamilton or Arbroath who currently occupy the 9th and 10th places in the Championship?

It`s a no brainer for me.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 08:13

I asked my wife to get my ticket, she is now getting emails ;-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 09:03

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 25 Nov 06:59

Like many Pars fans, I dislike Falkirk FC and their scummy supporters with a passion. I don`t buy into all the schadenfreude though. I haven`t forgotten that we nearly folded in 2013, but for the generosity of our creditors.

I might might be in a minority of one, when I say that not only do I not want to see Falkirk liquidated, but would actually like to see them promoted to the Championship, along with the Pars, at the end of the season. It`s that fierce rivalry which generates an atmosphere that fires up the players of each team, making games so much more enjoyable. Would you not rather have 4 games v Falkirk next season than either Hamilton or Arbroath who currently occupy the 9th and 10th places in the Championship?

While I don`t want them liquidated, I`d be happy to see them suffer in league 1 for another few seasons....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 09:15

I don`t see anyone revelling in a potential liquidation event. Without rivals and opposition football doesn`t work. Simple stuff but collectively we need to realise that more.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 09:23

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 25 Nov 06:59

I want absolutely no success for them in any shape or form.....

Quite happy for them to fail every season, so happy for them to survive 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 10:50

If they don`t get out the league this attempt they are either part time or bust. It`s balls to the wall time for them and their rape apologist of a manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 16:09

Quote:

EastEndTales, Fri 25 Nov 09:15

I don`t see anyone revelling in a potential liquidation event. Without rivals and opposition football doesn`t work. Simple stuff but collectively we need to realise that more.

No, but there`s a lot of unholy glee about the fact that Falkirk have the begging bowl out for a mere £600k and in the unlikely event that they somehow get that, they`ll still be £400k short of making ends meet. Seems like a slippery slope too me.

I don`t doubt that many of their scummy fans took great delight when we went into administration in 2013, but two wrongs never make a right. What many short sighted fans fail to grasp is that rivalry is the very lifeblood of football. I want Falkirk to come up to the Championship with us because it will give us 4 exciting games to look forward to. I hope we hammer them in all of them, of course. I would only want to see them relegated from the Championship again if we are promoted to the Premiership.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 19:53

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 25 Nov 16:09

Quote:

EastEndTales, Fri 25 Nov 09:15

No, but there`s a lot of unholy glee about the fact that Falkirk have the begging bowl out for a mere £600k and in the unlikely event that they somehow get that, they`ll still be £400k short of making ends meet. Seems like a slippery slope too me.

I don`t doubt that many of their scummy fans took great delight when we went into administration in 2013, but two wrongs never make a right. What many short sighted fans fail to grasp is that rivalry is the very lifeblood of football. I want Falkirk to come up to the Championship with us because it will give us 4 exciting games to look forward to. I hope we hammer them in all of them, of course. I would only want to see them relegated from the Championship again if we are promoted to the Premiership.

I would definitely enjoy seeing Falkirk have another season going to Kelty and Montrose while we are in the Championship rather than play them 4 times..........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 20:11

Before the end of the Masterton era we tried to sell long life season tickets. I do not know how many people bought into this scheme. I did, however I did not go for a really lengthy purchase, 5 years for me and 2 years for my son (he was a student at that time). I know that it was a while ago but it was significantly cheaper the Falkirk`s £5000. My tip for any Falkirk fan would be to put it on a credit card that would offer you some insurance if your club fails.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 20:13

Aside from possibly Dundee United they`ve probably made the most in terms of any Scottish team i can think of in the last ten years or so in terms of developing and selling on their own players then they went and pulled the plug on their youth development programme a few years ago.

Did it ever come back in some shape or form?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 20:35

As long as they are in competition with us for automatic promotion I don`t mind who beats them. Whether we can both go up or not I don`t really care. Our raison d`etre is to be promoted and if we can achieve that, whoever else does is immaterial. Yes, the derby games are good occasions but we can have these against Raith Rovers. Do I want them to go into liquidation? No, but I am less than lukewarm regarding any success they may have, for historic reasons.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 25 Nov 20:55

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Fri 25 Nov 20:13

Aside from possibly Dundee United they`ve probably made the most in terms of any Scottish team i can think of in the last ten years or so in terms of developing and selling on their own players then they went and pulled the plug on their youth development programme a few years ago.

Did it ever come back in some shape or form?

They produced Mochrie if nothing else.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 08:57

Selling 5 year season tickets is a recipe for disaster.

That’s taking revenue from future management teams to fund the current setup.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 09:00

Quote:

Angus_W, Sat 26 Nov 08:57

Selling 5 year season tickets is a recipe for disaster.

That’s taking revenue from future management teams to fund the current setup.

Exactly. Can`t quite understand why the Falkirk fans aren`t asking serious questions about this move.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 10:01

I suggested a life season ticket deal when I retired, the club agreed to consider it in principle, then changed their mind.

Presumably administration would have rendered them null and void - dodged a bullet there ?

Falkirk abandoned their academy setup as it was a major financial drain.

Post Edited (Sat 26 Nov 10:03)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net