DAFC.net
Home 05 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 England v USA
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 01:23

Surprised there has not been a thread about this game. Why not ?

England were really poor…. IMO…

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: England v USA
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 06:14

I didn`t see the game as I was painting in the afternoon and watching it drying after my tea.....

The BBC actually led with the game on the 10 pm news and the breast beating went on for a full 15 mins, followed by 3 or 4 mins on the Wales - Iran game.

The elation of England`s win v Iran, with reporters and fans talking about "going all the way" was followed by the near despair of realising that they were very fortunate to take a point from an athletic and well organised, but ultimately limited USA.

A sobering reality check for sure....

ETA. Is this a posthumous thread, Desparado?

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 26 Nov 06:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 09:33

I tend to avoid watching England games. I think the last one I watched was the Euros final against Italy. If I did watch one I think I`d have to mute the commentary.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 09:54

Enjoyed the game - USA really unlucky not to win. England midfield dreadful so they brought on Henderson!!! Mount and Rice in particular looked out of their depth. How on earth can’t Foden get in that team (or Maddison). Unfortunately the point pretty much gets them through.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  

They ain`t as good as they think they are, all the players that were "talked up" before the game stared were anonymous and eventually subbed.

The female commentator prior to the game said that the England bench was a match with the Brazilian one!!!

The Scotland game in the Euros was a non event?

They`re that f*cking arrogant!!!🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  

England in (yet another) ‘not as good as their media think they are’ shocker.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 10:07

Quote:

AJ27, Sat 26 Nov 09:54

Enjoyed the game - USA really unlucky not to win. England midfield dreadful so they brought on Henderson!!! Mount and Rice in particular looked out of their depth. How on earth can’t Foden get in that team (or Maddison). Unfortunately the point pretty much gets them through.

Maddison has been injured but I wonder if Foden is still paying the price for his misdemeanours with Greenwood in Iceland to some extent?
Rice looked like he was running through treacle and that was the first half and Sterling and Mount offered nothing either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 13:04

The other Brazil brought on from the bench Jesus, Martinelli, Antony and Fred. I`d suggest they English bench was every but as strong as that. England aren`t as good as they think they are but also aren`t as good as they should be.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 13:15

Comparing the ponderous approach play of England with the fast, creative style shown by France, Spain and Brazil reminds me of watching Joe Bugner fight Mohammed Ali for the world title. The outcome was never in doubt but the media had to maintain the illusion that Bugner had a chance, only to turn on him for being too defensive when he lost. We are hearing the same nonsense now, about how England should ‘let the handbrake off.’ The England midfield was over run last night with the handbrake on! Their best player so far has been the much maligned Harry McGuire who has a Bugnerish quality and will almost certainly be a target for abuse when England are beaten.

I watched a feisty Ecuador side take the game to Holland last night with the Dutch hanging on for a draw. The Ecuador defender Hincapie is only 20 years old, squared up to Van Djik on one occasion, and never seems to lose a challenge. A real warrior and if England meet either Ecuador or Senegal in the last 16 they will have to show a lot more than they did against the USA to go through. Don`t look at the names on the bench: look at the team play and team spirit on the pitch.

sammer
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net