DAFC.net
Home 05 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Two crazy results today
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 18:00

Montrose 2 Darvel 5. The only team to beat us in the league absolutely cuffed at home by Darvel Juniors. Doesn`t make any sense.

Albion Rovers 0 Stirling University 1. The University teams are reasonably good in the amateur leagues but surely not up to beating Albion Rovers on their own patch.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Two crazy results today
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 18:23

Darvel are a pretty decent side but I am suprised that they won by such a margin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 18:31

I heard that Montrose-Darvel score at the match and assumed the game was at Darvel!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 18:34

Beat crossgates 3-1 in the challenge cup earlier this season but 1-1 until late on.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 21:47

And Drumchapel beating FC Edinburgh wasn’t a crazy result ?????

Well not for me it wasn’t 7/1 Drumchapel 💴💴💴

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 22:11

Yes, Drumchapel United are currently 11th out of 16 in the second tier of the West of Scotland Junior league. If they can beat FC Edinburgh 1-0 at home, it matches our own home result against them (if I remember correctly). That would qualify as a crazy result, unless their pitch is a ploughed field somewhere in deepest darkest Drumchapel. But I suspect it may be an astro.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 22:15

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 26 Nov 22:11

Yes, Drumchapel United are currently 11th out of 16 in the second tier of the West of Scotland Junior league. If they can beat FC Edinburgh 1-0 at home, it matches our own home result against them (if I remember correctly). That would qualify as a crazy result, unless their pitch is a ploughed field somewhere in deepest darkest Drumchapel. But I suspect it may be an astro.

I`ve watched highlights from the game and the pitch was very much old school grass.

Not sure I`d fancy the Pars playing on that kind of pitch these days
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 22:19

Well in that case LEGEND85, ploughed field it may have been and maybe that didn`t suit FC Edinburgh but surely still a shock result given Edinburgh`s ambitions.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 26 Nov 23:32

Darvel have a lot of money behind them, very strong team with a lot of guys with experience in senior leagues.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 00:29

My West of Scotland ( nephew) journalist assures me that no team will want to draw Darvel in the next round

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 00:43

And apparantly Darvel sit top of the West of Scotland Premier Junior league and that`s no mean achievement considering the quality of the other teams in that league. However Raith Rovers seem to have dispatched Auchinleck Talbot, reputedly Scotland`s top Junior team, with relative ease, today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 08:37

There aren`t any Juniors these days, at least in the South - Auchinleck are in the West if Scotland League same as Darvel. They aren`t having a great season and it was always going to be an uphill battle for Talbot. They play Cumnock next week I`m the East Ayrshire Superclassico which will be an interesting one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 08:38

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 27 Nov 00:43

And apparantly Darvel sit top of the West of Scotland Premier Junior league and that`s no mean achievement considering the quality of the other teams in that league. However Raith Rovers seem to have dispatched Auchinleck Talbot, reputedly Scotland`s top Junior team, with relative ease, today.

No longer Junior teams though, are they
Now part of the West of Scotland football league...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 09:39

I suppose the term Juniors was always a misnomer. It gave the impression that they were boys teams when they were anything but and it`s good if they have moved away from that. But correct me if I`m wrong, do they not still compete for the Scottish Junior Cup?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 10:04

I know that in the case of crossgates they left the "junior leagues" and now play in the east of Scotland football league. EoSFL`s two-tier format, which began in 1987–88, was abolished for the 2015–16 season due to dwindling numbers and replaced with a single division. To cope with the influx of new members in 2018-19, the league consisted of three conferences running in parallel. For 2019–20, the EoSFL was reorganised back into a two-tier setup, with a 16-team Premier Division and two First Division conferences. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, no relegation took place in 2020 meaning the Premier Division was temporarily increased to 18 clubs.

For 2022-23, the Premier Division reverted back to 16 clubs while the top 7 in the two First Division conferences formed a First and Second Division, with Conference X being renamed the Third Division below.

Also playing their football in this league is the Haws the swifts dundonald and Oakley.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 10:22

I see ex-Par Andy Stirling scored for Darvel yesterday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 17:44

Good to see shocks in the cup up here, it has been happening in England for years, some of the so called ex junior clubs have a bit of money behind them.

Bristol Rovers 0 Boreham Wood 2 was another shock in the English cup today

Post Edited (Sun 27 Nov 17:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sixnil  
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 18:27

The Drumchapel game was played at Maryhills Lochburn Park and it was a mudbath.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net