DAFC.net
Home 05 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Klinsmann v Queiroz
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 10:04

The Italia 90 WC winner certainly ruffled the feathers of Alex Ferguson`s erstwhile assistant, currently managing Iran at Qatar 22.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/ir-iran/story/4815492/iran-coach-carlos-queiroz-slams-jurgen-klinsmann-disgrace-to-football-culture-criticism?platform=amp

A case of telling it as it is and the truth hurting, or the German being bang out of order with his comments?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Klinsmann v Queiroz
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 10:16

“This is just part of their culture, this is how they play it. They work the referee, constantly in their ears, constantly in your face”

….how does that differ from any other international team.

Stick to diving in the box Juergen.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 10:18

There have certainly been worse culprits than Iran imo.They were unfortunate not to win that game by 4 or 5. If anything the ref initially giving the keeper a yellow card was lenient in Wales favour until VAR correctly upgraded to a red.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 10:37

I thought it was a strange outburst from Klinsmann at the time. As said already above, it didn’t seem like Iran were more guilty than any other nation that have played. We probably think that it’s normal now though, watching Scottish football every week where players are constantly in referees faces.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 10:54

What?! Wales were the team falling over whenever an Iranian player went near them.
Klinsmann is ridiculed in Germany for his views on football, can see why.

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 11:14

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63772068

Tring to back track to save his job?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 11:16

His comments carry racist undertones, although perhaps it wasn`t his intention and he didn`t realise that at the time.

Carlos certainly didn`t miss him in his reply.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 11:29

I think he got caught out trying to play up to the Welsh audience.He was flanked by Ian Rush and Ashley Williams who struggled to admit that Iran were the better team.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LuckyTiler  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 14:50

He wasn’t alone in his view, since someone went to the trouble of curating a segué of Iranians committing “fouls”, complete with the little highlight spot.

Smacks of bitterness.

I switched the game on intending to support Wales but 10 minutes of commentary changed my mind.

The only way I could have enjoyed it more was if Wales had equalised but it was chalked off because Gareth Bale’s stupid top-knot was offside.

Post Edited (Sun 27 Nov 17:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 27 Nov 15:09

I was kinda the same… I’ve never supported any of the other ‘home nations’ (and don’t understand why I should be obliged to)… but wanted wales to still be in it to give the England Wales game some real jeopardy - but after hearing the ‘It’s just Iran’ And how many points wales will have after this game etc, let’s say I found the last 10 mins highly amusing!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 01:30

My two favourite Germans, apart from my sister in law, are the two Jurgens, Klinsmann and Klopp. I would find it very difficult to fall out with Klinsmann. He was a great player and a very likeable guy. He probably was a bit over the top with his remarks about Carlos Queiroz and Iran. The practice of encircling the referee and exerting verbal pressure detracts from the game and should be denounced but whether the Iranian team were any more guilty of this than most other teams is debatable. Maybe with the country of Iran in some political turmoil right now he should have been more generous to the nation and the team but I wouldn`t be calling for his resignation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 09:42

Quote:

parathletic, Sun 27 Nov 10:18

There have certainly been worse culprits than Iran imo.They were unfortunate not to win that game by 4 or 5. If anything the ref initially giving the keeper a yellow card was lenient in Wales favour until VAR correctly upgraded to a red.

Maybe I missed it but the explanation of the yellow to red was not clear and clearly confused punters on social media, many who reckoned it was denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

That would have been a straight red, not the yellow shown.

I can only think the referee deemed the challenge playing in a dangerous manner which merits a yellow only.

VAR then did it’s job and the card was upgraded to red for serious foul play.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 09:48

Trying to get away from being mesmerised by the `box office` types of Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Bale etc i was trying to point out to my son, who is seven, the importance of the less flashier types who don`t get as much fan fare and attention.

Low and behold the "this guy never gives the ball away" quip when i told him to watch Joe Allen ended up back firing spectacularly as he did precisely that twice in the space of a few minutes for both goals :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 11:08

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 28 Nov 09:42

Quote:

parathletic, Sun 27 Nov 10:18

Maybe I missed it but the explanation of the yellow to red was not clear and clearly confused punters on social media, many who reckoned it was denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

That would have been a straight red, not the yellow shown.

I can only think the referee deemed the challenge playing in a dangerous manner which merits a yellow only.

VAR then did it’s job and the card was upgraded to red for serious foul play.

The commentary team didn`t help with the confusion but it doesn`t matter if there was 10 men behind him.When you karate kick someone at head height it has to be a red.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 14:29

"When you karate kick someone at head height it has to be a red."

So, why only a yellow initially ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 14:35

The ref either didn`t see it or got it completely wrong. Hennessey knew his fate as soon as VAR kicked in-he was already walking.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 14:40

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 28 Nov 14:29

"When you karate kick someone at head height it has to be a red."

So, why only a yellow initially ?

Do you seriously think it`s only a yellow to foul someone like that???

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 15:57

I dare say the Portugal vs Uruguay game will show its not just an Iranian thing...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 15:59

"Do you seriously think it`s only a yellow to foul someone like that???"

If you read what I said at 09:42, last two sentences.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 28 Nov 16:38

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 28 Nov 15:59

"Do you seriously think it`s only a yellow to foul someone like that???"

If you read what I said at 09:42, last two sentences.

Got it. Ref IMO made a mistake and it was rightly changed.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net