DAFC.net
Home 05 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 England v Wales
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 18:56

Sod it watching BBC Wales for a better commentary.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: England v Wales
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 20:21

Wales have been dreadful again ,very poor .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 20:29

What a fine player Rashford is. England in complete control now at 3-0.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 20:29

Get Wales and Belgium right in the bin. Two shoddy European sides that every nation like us has to look at and think "we could do better than that sh1te".

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 20:56

Wales have been shocking. There`s nothing to them whatsoever. Scotland would have made a much better stab at that.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 20:58

Wales could play all night and not score.

One point from a single goal in 3 games, an avoidable penalty from the USA perspective.

Says it all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 21:24

Must be a good while since Scotland went to a major tournament, scored one goal and got one point from the group stage...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 22:01

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 29 Nov 21:24

Must be a good while since Scotland went to a major tournament, scored one goal and got one point from the group stage...

I think we would`ve done more in these games than Wales but that`s obviously pure unfounded speculation 😁

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 22:18

"Must be a good while since Scotland went to a major tournament, scored one goal and got one point from the group stage..."

Poor as our record is in WC finals, it`s lot less than 64 years between appearances.

Post Edited (Tue 29 Nov 22:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 22:37

Quote:

EastEndBoy, Tue 29 Nov 20:56

Wales have been shocking. There`s nothing to them whatsoever. Scotland would have made a much better stab at that.

Dunno tbh - we have a score to settle with Iran of course, but for me, the US looked the best team in the group - very unlucky to only draw the 2 games v Wales & England. Doubt we would have fared better against them.

Have never been impressed by Wales tbh & fully expect them to disappear again once Bale has finished.

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 22:46

America are the most skilled but they lack flair. They`re very clinical in their approach but won`t win the World Cup with that approach.

Wales were awful throughout. England have been very dull but can`t argue with those results.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 23:01

Think they`ll take care of Senegal but McGuire v M`Bappe should gid for a laugh

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 23:26

Can`t see Senegal having the tactical nous to stop England so our hopes will have to rest with France. As much as the French could tear apart the English backline the French have already conceded to Denmark and Australia and they don`t have players of the calibre of Kane, Rashford and Foden.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 29 Nov 23:40

England have never lost to an African team in the WC and have scored 9 goals so far, so they will justifiably confident. Having watched all Senegal`s matches I don`t agree with a view on here that England will `cruise` through. Senegal are very strong physically and I`m not sure why they would lack tactical nous.

I`m not convinced that any of Kane, Rashford or Foden would replace Giroud, Mbappe and Dembele in the French line up. In any case it is team work which wins matches, not individuals, and France`s superior speed in building up moves would give them the advantage, on evidence so far anyhow.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 00:22

I think it’s a mite unfair to judge Wales too harshly. They are, if one excludes the hosts Qatar, the smallest country by population to qualify for the World Cup this time around. Population size is, I appreciate, a far from perfect predictor of likely success, but a cursory glance at the other three countries in Wales’ group reveals populations of 330 million, 85 million and 56 million. That is one hell of a difference in player pool size.
Since Uruguay’s win in 1950 no country of less than 47 million has won the World Cup. I know Croatia reached the last final, a really noteworthy achievement, but then we might factor in the fact that the Welsh RU team routinely attracts far greater crowds than their football team.
Yes, I agree that Wales have been neither unlucky nor easy on the eye, but let’s also remember that they got there by beating the very country that eliminated us Scots.
I take my hat off to Wales, I vaguely, rather than fervently hoped that they might do a little better than they did, but even the talisman that is Gareth Bale will grow old.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 01:18

If the USA team had a very good centre forward, it would be a bona fide contender to win the tournament.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 08:33

I think Argentina had a population of less than 47 million in 1978 and 1986.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 08:41

You are spot on Tad A. A quick google tells me that the pop of Argentina in 1978 was 27 odd million. I ought to have done my homework more assiduously !!
That said, it’s still some x9 greater than the size of Wales.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 08:58

Outwith Qatar i`d say Wales are the poorest team there, at least on what they have offered up so far.

USA not particularly strong either.

Looking at England and also France, the strength and depth on the bench is crazy. They could probably both put out a second team that would compete at this WC no problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Wed 30 Nov 08:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 10:00

You could have said the same about the French squad in 2002.

1. Rame
2. Candela
3. Lizarazu
4. Viera
5. Christanval
6. Djorkaeff
7. Makelele
8. Desailly
9. Cisse
10. Zidane
11. Wiltord
12. Henry
13. Sylvestre
14. Boghossian
15. Thuram
16. Barthez
17. Petit
18. Leboeuf
19. Sagnol
20. Trezeuet
21. Dugarry
22. Micoud

They never made it out of the group stage.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 10:39

The reason I`m doubting the Senegalese tactical awareness is what I`ve seen from them so far. Two up against an incredibly poor Qatar side and cruising they allowed the host nation to put them under pressure and get back into the match. Even yesterday against Ecuador with the clock ticking away them in the box seat they gave possession away too freely. I`d love it if they could somehow eliminate the English but it would be one of the biggest knock out round upsets ever.

Post Edited (Wed 30 Nov 10:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 10:59

I see what you mean. Senegal should have been able to see out the Holland match at 0-0 as well but lost it in the last ten minutes. They strike me as a side content to do the minimum required to achieve a result, however they do seem to have an extra gear if needed.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 30 Nov 16:15

French second string deservedly behind here
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net