DAFC.net
Home 08 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline v QoTS
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 15:56

Half time and 1-0 down, after a bright first ten minutes it`s not really worked.

Admittedly I didn`t watch the Forfar game but the midfield shape hasn`t really worked for me at all, Ritchie-Hosler seems to have been give a free role to the extent I`m not quite sure even he knows where he`s meant to be playing. If you`re going to play with that midfield you then shouldn`t have three centre backs, far to often once the initial press is beaten there`s absolutely no coverage in front which is leaving the three centre backs seemingly confused with whether to step up, or drop off.

Changes needed, hopefully a far better performance in the second half.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline v QoTS
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:06

Not At the game today so relying on others to keep me updated
Thought it might be a tight game today due to Queens current form and we are never the best at home of late too many draws
need to try and get the win
Cannot let The Falkirk close the gap
Cmon Ye Pars

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:16

Shocking display today no midfield and even less attacking threat we are so slow on the build up it’s embarrassing

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:25

Good equaliser after we had two, three chances? A cross in though looked powerfully headed jn by Todorov. We look better with Hosler out in the right.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:28

Mon Pars .. kick on and win this

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:29

Goal disallowed? Google showing an equaliser but nothing on club official sites and table not updated.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:32

Nope, definitely 1-1.

The game could go either way, truthfully though QoTS have been on top since we scored.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:37

Falkirk 1-1 Airdrie
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:37

Good! Fingers crossed we manage to nick it, Falkirk winning and closing the gap.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:40

Airdrie equalised :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:50

As it stands 7 clear from Falkirk and 5 clear from FCE

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 16:51

Some odd subs and shape.

Hamilton has played right mid since he came on, while MacDonald has played on the left.

A poor performance from us and another poor home game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:10

Poor today, take a point and run…..very fast. Got away with one today
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:12

Queens much better than us today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:15

Yes, would say Queens were the better side, first half certainly.

Having said that, we could have nicked it more than once, it wasn`t as if we were asleep.

Falkirk drew, 19 games to go.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:17

If today we have played crap and got a point, I suppose it is a good result for us but we seem to save all our crap games for home ??
But that is 5 games at home where we have drawn so 10 points dropped
which is a pity I think of how good our position could have been if in some of those games we had turned up
hopefully in the transfer window we have a gem or 2 lined up

Cmon Ye Pars

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:18

Can we not leave one or two players up at corners? When it gets cleared it just comes straight back at us. If the keeper catches it there is no out ball. Even Queens left players up. Grates my gears
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:24

Im with you Parfect , we never catch teams on the hop we are too slow on the counter attack, never have men up to take advantage .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:33

I rest my case two upfront looked better second half

F muller
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:35

Topic Originator: wulliepar57 like
Date: Sat 3 Dec 17:17

If today we have played crap and got a point, I suppose it is a good result for us but we seem to save all our crap games for home ??
But that is 5 games at home where we have drawn so 10 points dropped
which is a pity I think of how good our position could have been if in some of those games we had turned up
hopefully in the transfer window we have a gem or 2 lined up

Its frustrating wulliepar57 .. But i think a draw coming from behind is a good point ..The Peterhead draw may come back to bite us .. However I still think we will win this league as we will all take points from each other

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bazzler1981  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:43

Disappointing today never really looked at the races at all but al take a point, is it just me or do teams get away with fat to much time wasting at EEP??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:43

Another poor first half performance. Why can`t we kick on after the equaliser.

We are murder to watch at home.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 17:46

I thought it was a good point against a team that have been on an upturn of form.

First half Queens were better but didn’t look like scoring, only at the end of the first half when it started to open up some slack defending on the break cost us.

Second half we played better but fair play to Queens they didn’t sit back and kept coming, they’ll probably be disappointed not to take the three points.

Given Falkirk drew today as well, happy to get this fixture out the way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:04

Our home form has been a massive let down this season but away from home we`ve been impressive. I don`t know if our formation suits away game better and we perhaps need natural width to open teams up at home. I think we`ve only outright deserved a victory once at home this season in the league against Montrose. The other games could have done either way. A half decent team would have put 3 or 4 past us today as we gifted Queens so many chances and openings. This was another chance to pull away from Falkirk and unfortunately we failed to do so. I do think Edinburgh will eventually fall away but they deserve a lot of credit.

Hopefully come January we can add a few players who add something different to the team. Again, I think we looked much better when Hamilton came on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:04

Like you Berry happy to get this fixture out of the way was a potential banana skin today
Queens have been one of the form teams of late we got a point, so we have to pleased and move on and hopefully Queens will do us a favour and take points from our rivals (and that`s assuming we win our games away from home)
Cmon Ye pars

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:05

take the point and run, said that a few times this season which is frustrating.

couldnt cope with how QOS set up first half even after the tweak around the half hour mark, thought the goal was offside but could be wrong, needed to be defended better regardless. going to a wide diamond when Todorov came on and sticking with it even with the other subs you can call brave i suppose, could have won it but could have lost it also.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:07

Wouldn`t say that QoS were better in the first half, they just sat in most of the time. Scored with the last kick of the ball which was probably their first shot on target.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:08

Game was crying out for Hamilton to add some defensive solidity and bite
Todd is very ineffective in a central role and Hosler and Mochrie don’t provide much defensive cover

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:12

We can’t expect to win games playing chalmers, mochrie and kane in midfield, they couldn’t tackle a fish supper between them and are far too lightweight. I don’t rate chalmers and today was a tough watch from him, defensively murder and just stands off his man or marks the space and nothing going forward, hopefully we can a midfielder in, in jan. Preferably someone who can take a dead ball too!

Mochrie like a man down again today. We can’t press teams as they always have a man free as someone is always ball watching. Usually mochrie…..

Delighted with a point today, they should have won. It’s another game close to getting reinforcements in I guess.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:29

We are shocking at home. Absolutely brutal every week in the first half.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:45

Very poor performance today. I know nothing about tactics but we don`t seem to know which formation to play at home. After Todorov came on the game opened up and both sides had chances to win.

One thing I will say is if you blame our whole performance on Chalmers and his ability to tackle then you make yourself look really stupid. He made one mistake today at our corner. One. There were other players out there today who were miles off it.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:46

Frustrating game……

We looked a lot better in the second half after reverting to 4-4-2.

Need to play a lot better in the next two tricky away games.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:50

These are the kind of performances that might just cost us the league come the end of the season
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:57

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 3 Dec 18:45

Very poor performance today. I know nothing about tactics but we don`t seem to know which formation to play at home. After Todorov came on the game opened up and both sides had chances to win.

One thing I will say is if you blame our whole performance on Chalmers and his ability to tackle then you make yourself look really stupid. He made one mistake today at our corner. One. There were other players out there today who were miles off it.

I`d honestly have said that Chalmers was our best midfielder today by quite a margin, with the way we lined up it looked, and felt like he was the only one in the middle trying to hold it all together.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 18:58

Our home form is a total mystery! We started well today and for the first 20 minutes I thought Queens were very poor. But they did come into the game and probably scored with their first shot on target. Second half we were much better, particularly with the change of shape to 4-4-2 and Todorov coming on. Although after our equaliser, Queens came back into the game! Some poor performances today, but we did dig in and kept our unbeaten home league run intact.

Another 2 points dropped at home. Hopefully we can solve the mystery soon and increase our points lead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: morvenpar  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:02

Chalmers wasn’t bad today but Todd was terrific in the 2nd half

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:08

That`s the most pissed off I`ve been watching the Pars this season. Although 0-0 would have been a fairer reflection of the first half, our play up to half-time was absolutely dreadful. It was an utterly dull half of football that would have been a perfect fit with either of last season`s managers. My phrase of last season was `passy passy pihs pihs` and it could have been made to describe today`s first half. Slow, short, shitey passing that got us nowhere. Actually, quite similar to the first half of many recent games and I`ve mentioned it often of late. And while it created almost nothing in attack, we managed to look quite vulnerable at the back, especially to quick breaks. Did we make a single tackle in midfield in the first half? A few times towards the end of the first half we had some nice longer passes out from the back by Benedictus, but really, that was as good as it got. Why do we have to be so slow in the first half all the time? We`re far better when we`re a bit more direct, even if it`s a combination of long and short passes, rather than going short and trying to play through the middle every time. It doesn`t make for beautiful football and it hasn`t been effective. It is turgid rubbish.

Thankfully we did manage to get a point out of it, the goal coming after the first 5-minute spell of genuine pressure we had. However, that led on to another of my annoyances, which is how we restart games after scoring. We often seem to want to launch ourselves forward instead of calming it down to settle, and we were opened up right from the restart. Another feature from last season was that we had 2 modes - languid and frantic. Same today - after equalising it was frantic everywhere, to the point when we were throwing ourselves beyond the ball and leaving ridiculous gaps behind. We could have won it near the end with a few near things, most notably the Todorov shot across goal that narrowly went past the far post but I don`t think we deserved more than a point from it.

When you have 3 forward players and Craig Wighton contributes the most defensively of the 3, I suppose it shouldn`t be a surprise that you`re a bit vulnerable. It didn`t really happen for the other two, and it was surprising Mochrie stayed on as long as he did as he was contributing nothing. He has to learn the basics of defending from his position - twice in a minute I saw him just stop and allow his man a free run towards goal, which is not acceptable for any player in any position at any level of football. If he can add defensive graft to his game then he might make it at a decent level but if he doesn`t apply himself and do that, I don`t think he will.

Of course, every team will have games when they don`t play well. Maybe I`m just particularly nipped this week because there were a number of things that have annoyed meon and off for a while, and allcame out in full view today.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:08

I wouldn`t give anyone pass marks today. First half all danger was down our left as mochrie was a passenger (not for the first time). When we scored I expected us to tweak a few things and try and get a winner. It seemed we done the opposite very strange.

Here is a interesting one if the league stopped tonight and we went up as champions who would you keep next year for championship?

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Sat 03 Dec 19:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:09

Chalmers is one of our best players ..always has been ..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:18

Probably our worst performance of the season but we still got a point.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:34

Men against boys mostly in the first half, lost nearly all 50 50 balls and that was when we even got close enough to make contact. Midfield left the defence very exposed in the first half and still a bit in the second. We`re a bit lucky I thought to get a point and for the neutral viewer it was a very good last half hour when the game could have went either way, but that first half was dreadful. QOS certainly one of the better teams to visit this season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bazzler1981  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:34

Was it just me or was our ref a dead ringer for Matt Hancock today??

Post Edited (Sat 03 Dec 19:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:44

Quote:

Bazzler1981, Sat 3 Dec 19:34

He was definitely a c*ck
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:50

Todd and chambers did a cracking job marking their shadows absolutely miles off the opposite team proper horror show defensively.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 19:58

opic Originator: NikNakPar like
Date: Sat 3 Dec 19:44

Quote:

Bazzler1981, Sat 3 Dec 19:34

He was definitely a c*ck

He was definitely a Handcock

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 20:13

We weren`t at the races today, was the teams Christmas party last night?

Really wonder if Mochrie and Hosler can start together, Chalmers and laterally Todd the best from midfield.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 20:18

I don`t know why he switched Hosler from the right to the middle after we scored as he was linking well with Comrie especially for our goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 20:50

If you think chalmers is our best midfielder and had a good game today then gee whizz. We could get a hundred players from the lower leagues who can do what he does and with more pace.

Midfield offered zero protection today and nothing going forward, sideways passes with zero penetration doesn’t cut it. We can’t have Todd as the only ball winner out there. Edwards had his full back on toast in first half but at times we didn’t even have anyone in the box, that’s just lazy from the front 3 and too defensive from mcpake, are we still more interested in not getting beat than winning?

Mochrie needs to toughen up and fast, he’s not doing anywhere near enough going forward to justify the fact he’s soils himself in every challenge and can’t be bothered to track runs or backtrack.

I know we have a wafer thin squad so many of these guys walk into the team regardless but hopefully we’ll have some options in jan to improve the team.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 23:13

Joe Chalmers obviously splits opinion. As for me I think he`s indispensable. Always available to take a pass, seems to pop up everywhere, good reader of the game. Knows when to burst through and when to lay the ball off. I reckon he had a fine game today. The problem as I saw it was that Mochrie and Hosler were far less effective than they were last week. Maybe the game against Forfar was too easy and we thought the same again would do the trick but QoS are a much better team than Forfar and strung the passes together very impressively at times.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 3 Dec 23:50

We clearly were off form today, but a point against a half decent team when we had an off day, I’ll take it. Still over the moon that we are 5 clear in early December, I wouldn’t have expected that pre season. Plenty work still to do, for sure, but jeez there aren’t half some whingers on here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 01:31

Aaron Comrie my man of the match today. Ran his wee socks off and some great crosses.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Sun 04 Dec 01:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 04:30

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 3 Dec 23:13

Joe Chalmers obviously splits opinion. As for me I think he`s indispensable. Always available to take a pass, seems to pop up everywhere, good reader of the game. Knows when to burst through and when to lay the ball off. I reckon he had a fine game today. The problem as I saw it was that Mochrie and Hosler were far less effective than they were last week. Maybe the game against Forfar was too easy and we thought the same again would do the trick but QoS are a much better team than Forfar and strung the passes together very impressively at times.

Chalmers is always available for a pass and does a decent job at this level

There’s your problem right there. QOS are a better side than Forfar and it was clear to me after half an hour that we needed to change the midfield set up

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 07:30

Strangely enough I enjoyed the game - despite how poor we were the players were still busting a gut to try and win the game - loved that Comrie hardly celebrated at the goal - he just raced back to his position to get the game restarted. Wighton should have scored with the a header and I thought Todorov had nicked it right at the end - if that had gone in the place would have been absolutely jumping at the final whistle.

In some ways I think this game showed what a good job McPake is doing with the paucity of talent at his disposal - he tried to be more attacking with both Hosler and Mochrie but it just didn’t work. Chalmers splits opinion and I can see both sides - he’s our most effective midfielder going forwards but he stands too far off the opposition when they have it (and his shooting on free kicks in training must be great - would be good to see evidence of this in a game).

MacDonald only on for a few minutes but was very good - I really like him but he can be frustrating - not been great a couple of times when he’s started but this could also be said of a few others who play every week.

Most frustrating thing for me was when we got 3 quick corners in succession in the first half - first 2 were excellent and caused them problems - then Mochrie ran over and forced us to take a short one, gave the ball away and they almost scored on the break!!!!

Willie Gibson doing a good job at Queen’s - loved him when he was here - wouldn’t mind seeing him back if he keeps progressing (after a successful long run from McPake).

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 09:38

After last week I was looking forward to seeing the same team perform again but it just didn`t work. I was expecting Chris Hamilton to come on at half-time. The midfield lacks a bit of bite without him.

Todorov is frustrating outside the box and a lot of build-up play breaks down when he`s involved but he does have the knack of finding space in the penalty area.

Is that Edwards` fifth or sixth booking? If sixth he`ll be due a suspension. If fifth he`ll have to avoid one against Airdrie to miss a suspension.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 09:49

5th league booking for Edwards, nearly all for the just about the same challenge

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 09:58

More movement from the condoms in the NW that our midfield.

Also why was the kids game played in front of the empty NE instead of the NW as normal. It is goods to see the kids getting cheered by the NW lads giving them an experience they will remember. I doubt a few kids will have much effect on the pitch so hopefully this is sorted for the future.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 10:30

Quote:

Par, Sun 4 Dec 09:58

Also why was the kids game played in front of the empty NE instead of the NW as normal.

Maybe to save the pitch in that area since we were going to be attacking that way 2nd half?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 10:50

I was one that wanted to see the same team again and for the first 15 mins we kept it on the deck and Queens couldnt get the ball of us but we weren`t creating much. the the rest of the first half we wernt getting near enough to them in midfield.

If you going with Kane and Mochrie you have to make up for that in bite in midfield and I dont think Todd and especially Chalmers did that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 11:09

Quote:

Football_Par, Sun 4 Dec 10:50

I was one that wanted to see the same team again and for the first 15 mins we kept it on the deck and Queens couldnt get the ball of us but we weren`t creating much. the the rest of the first half we wernt getting near enough to them in midfield.

If you going with Kane and Mochrie you have to make up for that in bite in midfield and I dont think Todd and especially Chalmers did that.

I think bringing on Hamilton allowed Matty Todd to get further forward and gave us more of an attacking threat, while also giving us added bite in midfield.

It wasn`t a great performance but we did come from behind to earn a point and with Falkirk also drawing, it meant we`re still 7 pts clear of them. No disrespect to Edinburgh intended, but I think Falkirk and Airdrie will be closest to us come next April.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net