DAFC.net
Home 04 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Walking down the Halbeath Road
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 17:17

I exited EEP straight after the final whistle yesterday and joined the fans walking in the traffic free road. A car parked on the pavement, opposite the main stand then pulled out sharply onto the road, heading towards the town. I had to take avoiding action to avoid a potential accident. The car then proceeded in an aggressive manner, with the lady driver treating pedestrians to several angry blasts of the horn. There then ensued a number of angry exchanges towards the woman and her male passenger, who got out of the car and asked those on foot if they wanted to be run over. More angry exchanges before the car sped off towards Appin Cresc.

Two folk in a hurry to get home?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Walking down the Halbeath Road
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 17:20

Presumably they got stopped by the row of cones at the temporary traffic light? Or did they pile through?

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 17:48

I saw that too GG. She was absolutely mental and unconcerned. It looks like the club are footing the ball for closing the road as it was workers doing it and there were no police there, but that sort of behaviour shows that the arrangements are still not adequate. Hopefully it was just that car full of morons and we don’t see similar again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 17:52

What the hell is wrong with idiots like that? You get behind the wheel of the car and suddenly you own the road?

Chill the f out, if you`ve parked outside a football ground and you`re trying to get away at full time, what do you expect?

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 18:08

Quote:

Milos Drizzle, Sun 4 Dec 17:20

Presumably they got stopped by the row of cones at the temporary traffic light? Or did they pile through?

The car slowed at the cones but a steward then removed one or two to let the car through. It was from the Aldi car park onwards that the altercations took off.

I can`t believe that 2 Pars fans would endanger their fellow fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 18:17

Was the road not controlled by traffic lights due to roadworks, the pavement outside the main stand had a big hole cordoned off, further constricting the pavement space.

It is an accident waiting to happen on Halbeath Road after the game at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 18:20

saw it too, what a dick

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 18:43

Some of the cars east bound before the game were trying to break the sound barrier!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 22:38

GG was her car parked almost straight opposite Aldi on the town side on the pavement, she has parked there the previous 2 games. I intentionally walk in front of her car last weekend all the way to the roundabout they never honked, possibly know their market.
However my question is why the police haven’t already ticketed this car as it’s parked on the pavement in a situation that wouldn’t allow a pram to pass. The club if we are paying for private road closures then his needs to be pressed to them.
Although I thought it was a coincidence that private company was there, as I thought a road closer over 15 min needs 6 weeks notice with the council as they need to redirect ambulances etc

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 22:43

If you see it again, key it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 4 Dec 22:44

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 4 Dec 22:43

If you see it again, key it

Hard man alert

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 06:23

Quote:

DulochConvert, Sun 4 Dec 22:38

GG was her car parked almost straight opposite Aldi on the town side on the pavement, she has parked there the previous 2 games. I intentionally walk in front of her car last weekend all the way to the roundabout they never honked, possibly know their market.
However my question is why the police haven’t already ticketed this car as it’s parked on the pavement in a situation that wouldn’t allow a pram to pass. The club if we are paying for private road closures then his needs to be pressed to them.
Although I thought it was a coincidence that private company was there, as I thought a road closer over 15 min needs 6 weeks notice with the council as they need to redirect ambulances etc

The car was parked opposite the West end of the main stand, DC. I came out of exit 1 and walked out onto the road because there was no traffic and plenty of fans were already on it. The car took off a bit too briskly for my liking and I got out of the way promptly, along with others. After being slowed down by the cones, opposite the Norrie, the car then accelerated quite aggressively, with long blasts of its horn. This not surprisingly annoyed the hell out of those in front of it and a few swearies were directed at its occupants. It was at that point that the male passengergot out of the car briefly to ask us if we wanted to get run over.

They were obviously Pars fans and the aggressive driving in a crowded street was both needless and dangerous - I don`t get it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 07:49

Surely a more sensible person would wait 10 minutes before attempting to leave? They shouldn`t be parked on the pavement in the first place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 08:26

The club must be paying for a private contractor to deal with the post match road closure, police not there, probably due to cut backs/cost savings. The private firm need to do better as they were still letting some cars through and the Aldi opening was not closed off
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 08:29

From Google :-

When is pavement parking illegal? The law on parking on pavements is enshrined in the Highway Code and covers all road vehicles. Rule 244 of the Code states: "You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it."

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 08:55

All the cars in Bellyoman Road are parked partially on the pavement on match days, either that or you come back to no door mirrors.

Cars are parked on the pavement on Halbeath Road 24/7.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 09:16

I remember an incident after a big game in the premier division where a car was forcing its way through a very big crowd. Just at what was the Transy Post office it hit a pedestrian who staggered but fortunately didn’t fall. The crowd erupted and left the car with a badly dented roof and bonnet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 09:56

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 5 Dec 08:29

From Google :-

When is pavement parking illegal? The law on parking on pavements is enshrined in the Highway Code and covers all road vehicles. Rule 244 of the Code states: "You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it."

Fairly sure it`s illegal in Scotland but never enforced. I don`t see it as a massive issue provided you could still easily get a wheelchair or buggy past. The amount I see parked in a way that would force a vulnerable pedestrian onto the road is disgraceful. Someone who visits a neighbour parks entirely on our standard width pavement. We don`t live on a busy road so I`ve no idea why. Some people just don`t think.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Dec 10:12

I heard pavement parking was soon to be made illegal in Scotland, but where does that leave residents, like those across the road from EEP, who have nowhere else to park? On street parking on a main artery like Halbeath Road is a non starter, IMO. You also have Road`s like St Andrew St in old Brucefield, where the pavement is far wider than the road and obviously designed to allow cars to park and still leave ample room for pedestrians.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net