DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Challenge cup
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 10:32

If we get through tomorrow we could get a winnable semi and with a bit of luck meet the holders Raith, in the final.

Now that would be tasty whether you think it is a diddy cup or not. A cup final v Raith = full house.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Challenge cup
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 10:38

The semis are already drawn if we win we get Raith or Queens Park

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 10:44

We have to win the First Division Title, nothing more, nothing less. Forget this useless competition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 11:20

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 9 Jan 10:32

If we get through tomorrow we could get a winnable semi and with a bit of luck meet the holders Raith, in the final.

Now that would be tasty whether you think it is a diddy cup or not. A cup final v Raith = full house.

Not particularly bothered tbh.

I`m far more concerned with not losing any first team players to injury than I am about getting through, a final in Airdrie against Raith? Not really the priority.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 12:16

Quote:

The draw has already been made for the semis.Winner of our tie plays Queens Park or Raith so we can`t play them in the final.

Hamilton,Clyde, QOTS or Kelty will be in the final.

Post Edited (Mon 09 Jan 12:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 16:12

Fancy our chances against any of them. Just need to get by Dundee.

Im confident we will win the league so it would be great to get the double.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 16:50

Quote:

Grant, Mon 9 Jan 11:20

Quote:

I`m far more concerned with not losing any first team players to injury than I am about getting through, a final in Airdrie against Raith? Not really the priority.

Don’t understand this, not losing any key players to injury by playing in this competition. Surely you don’t want any key players to get injured in any game. Who’s to say for example Bene doesn’t play tomorrow night, but gets injured on Saturday in the 1st minute. Doesn’t really make much difference. Don’t want any injuries, ever, but they can happen in any game!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 16:59

Players get injured in training as well. Isn`t that what happened to O`Hara and Allan? Any sort of physical activity is a lottery really.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 17:24

Quote:

Fethiyespar, Mon 9 Jan 10:44

We have to win the First Division Title, nothing more, nothing less. Forget this useless competition.

Keeping the momentum going even in a Diddy cup competition will only help us in our league campaign.
Maybe in your eyes, we should just not even bother turning up?

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 17:41

The argument for resting important players is not that it protects them completely from injury, but that it prevents adding extra, unnecessary risk. The fact that injuries also occur in league games and in training does not detract from that at all.

I think most clubs with enough players to do so will use these games to give game time to players lacking in that. If you can do that, while simultaneously reducing the risk of injury to some of the players who will start on Saturday if fit, it would seem logical to do so. As an example, it would seem odd if Todorov didn`t start the game, assuming he won`t on Saturday. If McCann is still getting back to fitness, it might not be sensible to play him if the manager intends to start him on Saturday. We probably don`t have enough players available to make huge changes, but there are good arguments for not playing your absolute strongest team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 17:58

I would imagine when we have a midweek game we reduce the intensity and possibly the frequency of training so I doubt the extra match increases the risk much, if at all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 18:08

I believe statistically you are 12 times more likely to be injured in a match versus training.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 18:19

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 9 Jan 17:58

I would imagine when we have a midweek game we reduce the intensity and possibly the frequency of training so I doubt the extra match increases the risk much, if at all.

This report confirms parathletic`s 12x statement.
https://wimbledonclinics.co.uk/blog/professional-footballers-face-much-higher-risk-of-injury-in-matches-than-training/

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5: text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 18:26

Thanks for that, Stanza!😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 18:35

Quote:

gthyde, Mon 9 Jan 16:50

Quote:

Grant, Mon 9 Jan 11:20

Quote:

Don’t understand this, not losing any key players to injury by playing in this competition. Surely you don’t want any key players to get injured in any game. Who’s to say for example Bene doesn’t play tomorrow night, but gets injured on Saturday in the 1st minute. Doesn’t really make much difference. Don’t want any injuries, ever, but they can happen in any game!

I don`t want any players to be injured correct. However the priority is absolutely the league, having them injured in this tournament would be annoying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 18:54

I totally get what Grants saying re potential injuries.

The flip side to that is someone like McCann for example bagging a hat trick and the confidence that would bring. Even pumping Arbroath away last round must have gave the whole squad a lift.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 19:25

With so few reserve games it also gives someone like Little some game time and O`Hara the chance of competitive action outside the league campaign.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Challenge Cup
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 23:28

Dundee seem to have a tougher challenge than us to gain promotion this season and will likely play a team of reserves against the Pars.

There could be an opportunity here. While the league obviously is the main game for us, wouldn`t it be wonderful if the Pars picked up two trophies this season?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Mon 9 Jan 23:52

We are out to be the best football club we can be so we want to win this and any other competition we are in. See you all in Dundee tomorrow

Post Edited (Mon 09 Jan 23:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 00:04

Absolutely correct Fergie. We should be wanting to win everything we enter into. All the best fir tomorrow night Pars.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 08:17

I agree that we should want to win but won`t be too disappointed if we go out
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net