DAFC.net
Home 27 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporters Meeting
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 09:26

Join us in the Purvis Suite on Wednesday, 18th January at 7pm to hear from Chairman/CEO David Cook, manager James McPake and Club captain Kyle Benedictus. Reserve your free ticket by clicking on the link on the COWS article. Only 150 places available on a first come, first served basis.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Supporters+Meeting+&ID=14166
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporters Meeting
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 09:54

60 tickets already gone in the first half hour!

Just confirmed that the bar will be open from 6pm.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 11:15

Over 100 places now reserved!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 12:52

Down to the last 20!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 13:46

I’ll be in attendance for live updates and will take questions from the forum the day before.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Jan 16:16

This event is now FULLY SUBSCRIBED. I`ll now open a waiting list, so if you’d like to go but didn`t manage to reserve a place, email me on andrew@dafc.co.uk, and I`ll allocate any tickets as they become available.

If you have booked a place(s) and discover you can no longer go, please let me know so someone can take your ticket.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: danielpar  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 09:38

I would have thought Fussball GMBH would have wanted some representation at this? They said when they first joined they didn`t want to be invisible owners.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 10:32

Topic Originator: danielpar like
Date: Sat 14 Jan 09:38

I would have thought Fussball GMBH would have wanted some representation at this? They said when they first joined they didn`t want to be invisible owners.

Sorry Fussball GMBH, can somebody please tell me who they are?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Slop-par  
Date:   Tue 17 Jan 22:02

Quote:

Kaiser Chief, Tue 10 Jan 16:16

This event is now FULLY SUBSCRIBED. I`ll now open a waiting list, so if you’d like to go but didn`t manage to reserve a place, email me on andrew@dafc.co.uk, and I`ll allocate any tickets as they become available.

If you have booked a place(s) and discover you can no longer go, please let me know so someone can take your ticket.

Hi Drew. From my original booking (5549606919) of 3 tickets for the event, I now only require one. I`ve done a Eventbrite "contact the organiser" so the other 2 tickets can be re-offered.

Thanks
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Jan 22:24

No problem Sloppy, thanks for letting me know. Had a few call offs today, and those on the waiting list have all been allocated tickets. Still a couple of places available.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 10:08

I am unable to attend tonight so my ticket is also available. Thank You.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 10:12

Do you have to go through yourself Drew ,or can you go through the event bright site ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 10:20

Is there a reason an event like this can`t be streamed like a live match? I`m sure lots of fans would be happy to pay a couple of quid, say, to see (or hear) what was going on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 11:01

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 11:50

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 Jan 10:20

Is there a reason an event like this can`t be streamed like a live match? I`m sure lots of fans would be happy to pay a couple of quid, say, to see (or hear) what was going on.

Totally valid point but I think the club have learned from the shambles one Falkirk had last season where it was free to view for all and is still laughed about now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 12:38

Why should we be worried our meeting would descend into a shambles? Has there been any evidence of that in the past?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 12:43

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Wed 18 Jan 10:12

Do you have to go through yourself Drew ,or can you go through the event bright site ?

Easiest thing to do Salton is click on the link on this COWS article and you can reserve your ticket. Just updated so there are now 2 spaces available.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Supporters_Meeting_&ID=14166
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 13:33

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 Jan 12:38

Why should we be worried our meeting would descend into a shambles? Has there been any evidence of that in the past?

Seen some weird and stupid questions in the past if that counts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 14:16

The question re live streaming the meetings has been asked so many times, and answered every time, too. There are specific meeting topics which cannot be shared with the public (I myself am asked not to share them on the live updates and I adhere to this).

That’s not to say anyone at the meeting won’t be sharing with others outside but we are specifically asked not to.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 14:49

So much for open and transparency

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 15:27

Sigh

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 16:12

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 Jan 12:38

Not on Falkirk’s level no, but I have been at SC meetings where the discussion has been people asking why the goalies don’t save shots, why don’t the players do this for corners etc. just embarrassing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 16:28

I don`t see how you can claim any matter raised at a public meeting open to all supporters is confidential. If it`s really confidential it shouldn`t be discussed in public at all.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 16:50

It’s not about topics which have already been chosen Wee Eck - it’s discussions which arise during the course of the meeting. Discussions can digress to offence, prejudices, undermining people etc.

Imo it’s accountability - someone telling you something from the meeting outside is second hand and you can believe it or not, but a live recording of said meeting where conversations have digressed may bring the club into a bad light for “allowing” such conversations to take place, even if some comments come from the top table.

FWIW I never ask questions (from posters) re players’ wages because I don’t think it’s any of our business. That to me is a confidential matter between the club and player. The only exception to that would be if there was a topic on the actual agenda of overall player wages and this was part of the ongoing discussions and questions were encouraged from the floor.

All meeting conversations stray from the topics in hand, from time to time, but it’s just common sense on what should be shared with the wider community.

The live YouTube recording of the Falkirk supporters meeting is an example of conversations digressing - to the point that their club had to endure embarrassing scenes and then answer to it to the wider community.

Post Edited (Wed 18 Jan 17:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 18:24

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 Jan 16:28

I don`t see how you can claim any matter raised at a public meeting open to all supporters is confidential. If it`s really confidential it shouldn`t be discussed in public at all.

Exactly. It would be really unprofessional of anyone on the clubs side to say anything like that and I am sure that they wouldn`t.

There is a wee bit when people like to crow about knowing stuff that you don`t know.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 18:29

Thanks for the clarification, buffy. I understand the point you`re making but I didn`t realise the notes of meetings which were made public were `censored` in any way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 22:38

I`ve been to the last few meetings, they are always pretty good and Buffy makes a good job of transcribing the important information. There is no need to offer a live stream or anything like that because there is a lot of chat that sometimes isn`t that interesting and there is usually a couple of questions where the cringe factor is high, fans of other clubs would have a field day making some of that go viral
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 11:27

JMP was asked a few times about Dundee or making comparison too. We are lucky that he takes time to think about answers to stuff like this as all it needs is one slip of the tongue and it`s on video to a public audience who might not all be pars fans and the club could end up like Falkirk after their embarrassing moment.

If you really are wanting to go make sure your getting tickets. If you don`t well that`s on you.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 12:11

The manager was praising Joe Chalmers during one of his responses - might not sit well with some fans !!!

It was a pretty routine affair - the manager and/or club officials are absolutely not going to go into details of potential signing targets, or out of contact players etc.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net