DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Christophe Berra
Topic Originator: EdmontonPar  
Date:   Thu 12 Jan 04:00

Living over here in Canada, I’m not always up to date with the goings on in Scottish football, and I include off the ball in that.

I use the off the ball podcasts on those nights when falling asleep just isn’t working, and recently listened to one from November last year that had Christophe Berra as the guest.

The episode itself was quite enjoyable as usual, and Christophe was. Particularly articulate and great to listen to.

I was caught off guard when he stated that, among the many roles he’s currently involved in, coaching kids mostly, helping out where he can, he also said that he was actively helping out his old pal McPake, and coaching at the pars.

Was this common knowledge that I just missed? Or was this a quiet appointment? Is he still there??

Either way, as we all know, this year our defensive record speaks for itself, and I’m thinking he may have played a big part in that being so.

Was a top player in his day, scotland international, and possibly a good coaching career ahead of him. I’m glad we have managed To benefit from his knowledge so far this season

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Christophe Berra
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 12 Jan 08:08

I wasn`t aware of that. I think there are quite a few coaches working at the different age levels. I been told Darren Dodds is another one that works with us, but I`ve never seen that mentioned in print. It`ll be great for the kids, picking up knowledge from ex pros, and good coaching experience for them too
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cu-Par  
Date:   Thu 12 Jan 09:04

I have seen him at a couple of reserve games with James McPake

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 12 Jan 09:11

He was also at FC Edinburgh game..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Thu 12 Jan 10:34

joined livi`s coaching staff

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net