DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Montrose (a) 25th March
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 16:44

Saw this game has been moved to a 4pm kick off. I presume this is due to the Scotland game on the same day.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Montrose (a) 25th March
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 16:50

Strange it can`t be moved to the Friday or Sunday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 17:47

Stupidity reigns, why can’t our game be rescheduled to Friday?

If there is an opportunity not to makes people choose between club and national team then it should be taken

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 18:17

What would be the thought of the fans on here:-

Would you prefer the Pars game on Friday night or 4pm on Saturday?

Friday for me

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 18:17

Do you not think this was considered and that there is a reason it’s been decided in this way? It’s like folk think the people at the club don’t have a functioning brain and just automatically assume the worst. Annoying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 18:23

With Montrose being the home team, I think they get the option.
From a income point of view, they could earn from the home support being in the club bar to watch the Scotland game and then straight out to watch our game. Win win for Montrose.
It`s unfortunate for us travelling fans who will miss the Scotland game.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 18:29

Perhaps that reasoning could be shared then, all we are doing is asking the question as to why we should have to make the choice between watching the national team or the club team

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 18:38

Quote:

1970par, Fri 13 Jan 18:29

Perhaps that reasoning could be shared then, all we are doing is asking the question as to why we should have to make the choice between watching the national team or the club team

Weird if you pick the tartan army over your own team…unless of course you like wearing a kilt and acting all silly
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 18:47

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Fri 13 Jan 18:38

Quote:

1970par, Fri 13 Jan 18:29

Weird if you pick the tartan army over your own team…unless of course you like wearing a kilt and acting all silly

That`ll be me. Doe, a deer..... Best chant in football.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 19:03

So why is it that all the premier games are cancelled for that day? obviously the diddy teams fans are not important when it comes to the powers that be

Let’s have a think about it, when The The Rangurs, were in the lower leagues would this have been the decision? I would say probably not

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 19:04

And by the way, I don’t need to put on a kilt to act all silly

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 19:13

Quote:

1970par, Fri 13 Jan 19:03

So why is it that all the premier games are cancelled for that day? obviously the diddy teams fans are not important when it comes to the powers that be

Let’s have a think about it, when The The Rangurs, were in the lower leagues would this have been the decision? I would say probably not

Perhaps as lots of players are representing national teams. Quite an easy decision.

No need for our games to be off as none of our players can’t play. Additionally there isn’t anything like the same interest in Scotland games…despite what the flag waving minority say

Post Edited (Fri 13 Jan 19:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 19:25

The Cyprus game is a sell out and there will be a number of Pars fans with tickets. A significant number of Championship and League 1 matches have been moved to the Friday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 19:28

Whatever the reason surely the fans deserve an explanation for the change in kick-off time? It`s similar to the decision to switch the recent cup-tie at Arbroath from Saturday afternoon to Friday night without any consultation or explanation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 19:30

I demand an explanation to Morrisons changing their opening times to shut an hour earlier.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 19:51

Quote:

AlterPar, Fri 13 Jan 19:30

I demand an explanation to Morrisons changing their opening times to shut an hour earlier.

What are you havering on about?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 20:03

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Fri 13 Jan 19:13

Quote:

Perhaps as lots of players are representing national teams. Quite an easy decision.

No need for our games to be off as none of our players can’t play. Additionally there isn’t anything like the same interest in Scotland games…despite what the flag waving minority say

I take it your other team plays at Ibrox...

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 20:04

Let’s get something straight, there are no “demands” being made merely an explanation as to the rational behind the thinking

Most other clubs in our league are moving their games to the Friday night, those of us who attend Scotland matches as well as Pars games are continually asking that same question.

If I can explain that ten of our supporters club bus (three quarters of our membership) go to both

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 20:29

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Fri 13 Jan 20:03

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely not. They play in red down south, Brentford. Notwithstanding your comment, my feelings are the tartan army can be an embarrassment…it’s actually a feeling I know is quite commonly thought
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 20:31

Why does any business need to offer public explanation to the rearrangement of their affairs? That’s what am haverin aboot shagger
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 21:01

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Fri 13 Jan 20:29

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely not. They play in red down south, Brentford. Notwithstanding your comment, my feelings are the tartan army can be an embarrassment…it’s actually a feeling I know is quite commonly thought

What a load of nonsense, the Tartan Army are rightly lauded around the world, fantastic ambassadors for the nation. Your whole post is a load of slavering drivel (as usual)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 21:03

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 13 Jan 21:01

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Fri 13 Jan 20:29

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What a load of nonsense, the Tartan Army are rightly lauded around the world, fantastic ambassadors for the nation. Your whole post is a load of slavering drivel (as usual)

In your own little world maybe. Have a quick online search and see what comes up…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 21:53

Hopefully as I have the Scotland 5 match package the Pars are in the Challenge Cup final that weekend and it’s played on the Sunday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 23:12

Speaking of the challenge cup final any idea where the final is to be played?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 23:13

There`s an opportunity at the Supporters Meeting on Wednesday to ask David Cook the question about why the game is being played when it is.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5: text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 23:15

Quote:

back oh the net, Fri 13 Jan 23:12

All depends on who is in the final. They always try to get it somewhere between both clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 23:42

Cheers Stanza, I’ll now have to contend with the front row in the purvis suite consisting of kilt wearing tartan army fans.

It’ll be a hard job concentrating but I’m happy to take one for the team!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 23:49

Quote:

DBA, Fri 13 Jan 23:15

Quote:

All depends on who is in the final. They always try to get it somewhere between both clubs.

So once we get passed dundee then dispatch the charity case from Kirkcaldy it will likely either be played at airdrie or scary hill

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 01:09

great desicion , all travelling pars fans can watch the national team in montrose and then go and support the DAFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 01:41

Quote:

AlterPar, Fri 13 Jan 19:30

Maybe stop spouting absolute whataboutery p***?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 01:43

In your own little world maybe. Have a quick online search and see what comes up…..

God, I wish people would stop multi-quoting posts, like jesus christ.

Also, I`ve never heard a single bad word about the TA from foreigners. They might dress up like twats but in the most part, they are very well behaved and respectful. You beleive what you want though
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 07:28

Quote:

The Ken Dodd Arena in Diddyland.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 07:30

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 14 Jan 01:43

Also, I`ve never heard a single bad word about the TA from foreigners. They might dress up like twats but in the most part, they are very well behaved and respectful. You beleive what you want though

Trying to figure out what JC has to do with anything here

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 08:00

What a palaver! As has already been pointed out, it`s Montrose`s home game. They`ve obviously asked the Pars if they could delay the ko by an hour and we`ve agreed.

Had the game been moved to the Friday night, we`d probably have had folk moaning that they wouldn`t be able to go because of their work or similar. Perhaps the Sunday was suggested but the Pars pointed out that we hope to be playing in the Challenge Cup final that day?

This is a classic example of the saying that "you can`t please all of the people all of the time".....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 08:00

Quote:

They also raise money for a local charity (usually involving children) for every single away game we play.

Terrible behaviour, right enough 🤔🤔

Personally, I don`t think people should have to choose between supporting their club or country on the same day - with the current upsurge in support for the national team, ALL club games should be off, not just the top tier.

Friday night away games are not much good / any better for people that work.

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 09:30

Topic Originator: SusieQ
Date: Sat 14 Jan 08:00

Quote:

They also raise money for a local charity (usually involving children) for every single away game we play.

Terrible behaviour, right enough 🤔🤔

Personally, I don`t think people should have to choose between supporting their club or country on the same day - with the current upsurge in support for the national team, ALL club games should be off, not just the top tier.

Friday night away games are not much good / any better for people that work.

COME ON YE PARS!

Not sure how much difference it will make to the attendance. Pars fans will go to Montrose, Tartan Army foot soldiers will go to Hampden so they can get another feather in their cap or whatever they do.
Nobody is not going to go to the Pars match because the Scotland game is on the telly. I like most will be traveling to Montrose when the Scotland game is on, but it does give the option for those that choose to get there early to watch the Scotland game.

Post Edited (Sat 14 Jan 09:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 11:43

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 14 Jan 08:00

What a palaver! As has already been pointed out, it`s Montrose`s home game. They`ve obviously asked the Pars if they could delay the ko by an hour and we`ve agreed.

Had the game been moved to the Friday night, we`d probably have had folk moaning that they wouldn`t be able to go because of their work or similar. Perhaps the Sunday was suggested but the Pars pointed out that we hope to be playing in the Challenge Cup final that day?

This is a classic example of the saying that "you can`t please all of the people all of the time".....

If we`re in the challenge cup final on the Sunday this game will be postponed so not really relevant.

I assume Montrose being part time would rather play on a Saturday afternoon as normal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 13:31

Point is tho, Par - no one should have to choose what game to go to if they regularly attend both.

Not just our support but any club in the lower leagues - there will also be Montrose fans who have tickets for the Scotland game, don`t forget.

Doesn`t effect me as I don`t go to away games any more & as you say, those who want to watch Scotland on tv then go to the club game can do so but it`s not ideal/fair for some to have to choose.

No league games should be on at the same time/day as a home international match imo.

COME ON YE PARS!

Post Edited (Sat 14 Jan 13:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 14:21

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 14 Jan 07:30

Quote:

Of course that`s what matters here, the 2000yr old `magician`
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 14:25

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 14 Jan 14:21

Quote:

Quote:

2000 year old. How did you get that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 15 Jan 16:32

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 14 Jan 14:21

Quote:

Quote:

I`ve just checked with Paddy Power and Andrew283`s odds of being struck by lightning have shortened from 5m/1 to 33/1. 😃

I was tempted to stick a tenner on it, but I can`t do that to a fellow Pars fan. It would be like betting on the Pars to lose. 🙁

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net