DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline Foodbank
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 21:20

I see that Dunfermline Foodbank are match sponsors tomorrow. Does anyone know why a charity like this is allocating resources to sponsor a football match? I’m sure there will be a valid reason but on the face of it, this doesn’t look like a sensible use of funds.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline Foodbank
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 21:27

Quote:

dd23, Fri 13 Jan 21:20

I see that Dunfermline Foodbank are match sponsors tomorrow. Does anyone know why a charity like this is allocating resources to sponsor a football match? I’m sure there will be a valid reason but on the face of it, this doesn’t look like a sensible use of funds.

They don’t use any funds. Sure the club gift them the naming of the game to support the food bank that’s all
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 21:43

Thanks JA, good to have it explained.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 21:59

As I understand it was paid for by one of the German investors and gifted to the volunteers who help out at the Foodbank!

Pretty nice gesture in my opinion and a nice thank you to hardworking volunteers in the local community, many of whom are ardent Pars fans.

No misappropriation of charity funds taking place with this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 22:52

It is very pleasing to read that the German investors are providing support to the local community in this manner.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 13 Jan 23:57

Food banks are really struggling just now due to increased demand and reduced donations so it`s great that the club has been able to help out since it`s not easy for charities, especially small ones, to justify allocating resources to marketing.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 00:05

Quote:

Wotsit, Fri 13 Jan 23:57

Food banks are really struggling just now due to increased demand and reduced donations so it`s great that the club has been able to help out since it`s not easy for charities, especially small ones, to justify allocating resources to marketing.

Food banks shouldn`t need to exist which is our first problem. Can`t disagree with anything you say though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paristotle  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 00:08

What a genuinely great thread to read - obviously gutting that food banks are necessary at all, but the fact that they`re being sponsored at the expense of our "owners" is absolutely brilliant.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 00:38

Any further appreciate comments for our investors or just inflammatory bollocks when a result isn`t great?

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 07:52

Recently, Nottingham Forest had a charity as their shirt sponsor - the club paid them to do so rather than the other way about.

I imagine this is something similar 👏🏼👏🏼

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 10:03

So are the Foodbank doing collections today?

Just read the next thread regarding Academy collection!🤔

Post Edited (Sat 14 Jan 10:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 14 Jan 10:31

Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert like
Date: Sat 14 Jan 10:03

So are the Foodbank doing collections today?

Just read the next thread regarding Academy collection!🤔

Can I donate my 16 year old then!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net