DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporters Council Mtg - Live Updates
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 18:38

Ko7pm

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporters Council Mtg - Live Updates
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 18:57

Not only is our club shop superstar David Laming the new Vidal Sassoon - he helped me with a little bit of home hair cut tidying up (on my neck) last weekend - but barlass Laura has just shown me her top notch DIY skills for my shoogily laptop table here in the Purvis Suite. Bar mat under table leg = sorted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:04

A good turnout here in the Purvis Suite - all tickets sold as I understand it.

Top table arrive
David Cook
James McPake
Matty Todd

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:06

Bene couldn`t make it

David - great to see you all here tonight - great for you support. A great response in the last meetings.

Sat next to the manager and first team player - all delighted where we sit in the table. This season - averaging 2 points per game - fantastic improvements, tremendous number of clean sheets - really chuffed.

Academy -really pleased with the progress - 5 players from the academy have made it through to the first team so far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:09

Keep them coming buffy .. you are a star

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:10

Offside - the crowds we`re getting is a huge boost

Income - holding a line, despite relegation, creeping costs like everyone is feeling right now, controling costs.

WDTHR - first time the club have put on a play, great advert for the club,

Falkirk match - USH - it ran for an hour and a half the week before, turn it on on Hogmanay and the pump goes. Plumber out all day, parts needed from Germany, temps were -4, despite groundstaff (inc Bob Garmory) we couldn`t get the game on. Big dissapointment for everyone that day.

Rosyth - no update, still challenging, planning apps, balance the cost of running the club, and Rosyth.

Moving into the second half of the season, all excited, balanced with a healthy dose of pragmatism, heads down, win the next game in front of us, focussed on that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:15

Q&A
Q - Academy - contractual status of U18 players, what length of contract, and what ties?
Q - how far are any of them being more regular on the pitch for the first team?

A - Cook - they have a modern apprenticeship - technically on an amateur contract - 2 years - we are not in a position to take on full timers on that age band, but the 5/6 who are older, get clued up on their development.

A - James McPake - myself and Dave have a pretty decent experience of bringing on u18s, young academy players, 7 months into their career, we are 7 months into this project, no hesitation in bringing them in, if we believe that young player can help us we will play them; I`d love to have as many graduates from the academy out on that pitch,

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:18

They are getting plenty technical work, in and around the first team football environment, we have to make sure they are right and not rush it, if they are ready they will be good enough to be out on that pitch, because that is what we as a club want.

Q - when Kevin Nisbet was sold to Hibs there was indication there was a sell out clause? Is is still live / shelf life?
A - Cook - sell on, but I cannot give you details and part of the transfer. It is still live, yes.

Q - we have a number of young players out of contract - any news on re-signing them or new contract agreements.
A - yes dialogue going on a new players, decisions to be made in due course, no sign of players signing pre contracts elsewhere, working progress on that front.

Q - to Matty - none of us enjoyed last season, as a player what`s the best thing since last season, what has James brought?
A - the main thing is the positivity he has brought around the place, the young boys at the club.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:24

Don;t want to talk too much about last season, but focus on this season.

Q - Dundee game - postponed twice - weather is not getting any warmer - if we can`t play tuesday coming etc - what`s the ramifications on that?
A - obviously disappointing for me - JMcP - I want to win as Dunfermline Manager - we have been up in Dundee once, we were changed, next game I was in Dundee, our team were not, I looked at my weather app and it looks to be a bit better. Hoping the fixture backlog for them is a bit of a mess for them, they probably need games on, if it can entice them to put their heating on. It won`t make our preparations for the team any different. As a football club and staff we will be professional when it comes.
Q - back to the first game, why wasn`t there a pitch inspection earlier?
A - I completely agree with you, it should have been done earlier; we were in Dundee from 4pm that day, cost to the club, meals etc. The players were ready and the way it was called off yesterday was much better in terms of the timing.
DC - the SPFL ref arrived late, the pitch inspection could have been done later, but it was just unfortunate that it happened the way it was. Clearly it had been made from earlier in the day; we can only focus on our club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:30

Q - any new signings?
A - JMcP - yeah (cue laughter from the floor), the way we do things at this club, we have been looking at player s since we got the job, players have to make a positive impact, how good a person they are too, we have inherited a good team. Yes there are targets, but we won`t be changing much.

Q - which teams are the hardest to play against?
A - most teams are tough to play, they come in, sit in, we work on combos through the week to try to break them down. Toughest player this season for me - can`t think of one off the top off my head. (Michael Tidser)
A - JMcP - toughest games this season for me - up at Kelty, the tight pitch, the derby atmosphere, the Christmas Eve game. It would have ruined my Christmas if we hadn`t have made the changes we made in the game.

Post Edited (Wed 18 Jan 21:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:41

Q - difference between being the Pars manager and Dundee manager
A - I am better for the experience - 110 games I had with Dundee., I had time with the youth team for a while, very lucky when i got this job the club were supportive, Dave Mackay is so important to this club, i thnk I am calmer. (Todd giggled at this).

I did a lot of good work up there, and trust mysel being the DAFC manager, how me and Dave work well with the players.

All I can say is I love going to my job every day.

Q - revenue / budget for cup games
A - DC - yes a budget for both - a great test for us to play against a higher placed team, better financial position for the club as a whole.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:47

I apologise for the break in typing - the adverts on this forum are slowing me down. Doing my head in.

Q - can you set out what the scouting arrangements we have / in place at the Pars? Do you see it being expanded in the future?
A - We do have scouting resource, viewing players and opposition, there ar in bound enquiries for agents, thats the way it happens, you do due dilgence, use a lot of software to do initial assessment follow up with in player. Dont have a fixed mindset on doing it, great contacts and trust, recommendations.
A - JMcP - in terms of the league we are in, not all clubs put their players on WiScout - another couple in our league do it, eyes on the opposition, we do it three games in advance, see them in different games (home and away), Monty looks at that with Tommy. This league has been challenging for that, as it`s mandatory for Premiership and Championship.

Q - what is the different between Pars and Forrest?
A - a view zeros difference - running the players salaries, and the clubs, big difference, head count and resource, spinning more plates at this type of club, we put on matchday for supporters, income streams are probably the same at all clubs. You`re doing multiple roles.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:53

Q - marketing strategy from the new board - two in attendance tonight - anything in fruition?
A - they`re helping us to grow and develop the club, ideas behind the scenes, first couple of years were extremely hard with Covid, Zoom meetings, they didn`t change their ideas. I don`t think we can communicate that with supporters as yet but we need to do it all ourselves at the moment. It is still 100% supportive of the club.

Q - Scounting aspect again - when our new investors came in, abroad players, any update on how we can get players in from abroad?
A - Brexit makes it much more harder, doors not closed , SPFL has the control over this so far, one of the main challenges is that League One is not attractive to international players. Thomas has good contacts in that field, immigration might change for Scotland so hopefully it will come good for us all.
Players need to be good for our squad whether they come from Cowdenbeath / Germany.

Q - do you think we would need a high turnover of players in order to compete in the Championship?
A - As the manager I think we don`t want a massive turnover of players, it is not good for moral, finance, team spirit we have, good core of players who are playing really well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 19:55

buffy having problems posting,

system seems ok on server

seeing some issues in the log, which looks like its impacting you from the local network

[18/Jan/2023:19:55:27 +0000] "POST /forum/login_check.php HTTP/1.1" 200 117 "-" "DAFC.net%20Forum/41 CFNetwork/1399 Darwin/22.1.0"
[18/Jan/2023:19:55:46 +0000] "POST /forum/login_check.php HTTP/1.1" 200 117 "-" "DAFC.net%20Forum/41 CFNetwork/1399 Darwin/22.1.0"

Post Edited (Wed 18 Jan 20:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:07

Q - marketing strategy from the new board - two in attendance tonight - anything in fruition?
A - they`re helping us to grow and develop the club, ideas behind the scenes, first couple of years were extremely hard with Covid, Zoom meetings, they didn`t change their ideas. I don`t think we can communicate that with supporters as yet but we need to do it all ourselves at the moment. It is still 100% supportive of the club.

Q - Scounting aspect again - when our new investors came in, abroad players, any update on how we can get players in from abroad?
A - Brexit makes it much more harder, doors not closed , SPFL has the control over this so far, one of the main challenges is that League One is not attractive to international players. Thomas has good contacts in that field, immigration might change for Scotland so hopefully it will come good for us all.
Players need to be good for our squad whether they come from Cowdenbeath / Germany.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:12

Q - do you think we would need a high turnover of players in order to compete in the Championship?
A - As the manager I think we don`t want a massive turnover of players, it is not good for moral, finance, team spirit we have, good core of players who are playing really well.

Q - Good manager Matty?
A - A good man manager. Knows when to take you under his wing, knows when you can take stick (I`ll add more later, apologies)

Q -happy pumping Arbroath 5-1?
A - dave worked with Dick Campbell at Brechin. Players deserve all the credit. Aye it was great.

A - JMcP the players have worked every single day. Working so hard. If we keep doing that then I believe we will be successful.

Q - when we are in the crowd booing and the players know they`re not doing their best? What do you do in the changing room to the players?
A - since I`ve been here, I`ve never questioned the attitude or the willingness to work.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:18

JMcP - i have a good support network around me, if there`s been times we need to change the format / then we do it. If they need reassurances we do it. If they need more care on the ball, have a bit of belief in themselves. Go out and start quick. As soon as you go in, soon as the ball is in the box, the crowd get behind us. The crowd at Falkirk was immense - we want to entertain. There is no set way. We get behind the team every step of the way.

Q - Matty - see when you do your warm up at an away game and see the away support - how does that make you guys feel, as a team?
A - It`s great, the Pars supporters support you wherever you go, the young lads in the NW are superb, they carry it away, on the road as well, we are thankful for this all season.

Q - Montrose game - why wasn`t it moved to the Friday night so that all supporters can go to the Scotland game too?
A - The reality it is a home game for Montrose, the league said it was on the home team to suggest the fixture, we went back to them saying friday night, montrose said no, saturday at 4pm. To allow you to watch the Scotland game on tv. Three games on Saturday, two on the Friday night so each club are treating it differently. We understand it is frustrating. At least we are trying something but it was down to the home club.

Post Edited (Wed 18 Jan 20:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:22

Q - kit sponsor Joma? new one?
A - yes we have been with Joma for 10 years, we are tying to get the next partner to invest in the club, from a playing perspective, and for the fans too.

Q - the current situation with St Johnstone, they`ve only sold 300 tickets, moving their home fans to the one stand - would you give away large sections of your support
A - I only read about it an hour before, the chairman of St J has come out to apologise for this. As custodians of the football club you make mistakes, not done intentionally, you try to have supporters on the board and in the board room and you try to make the best decision for the club. Their feedback is that they have got it wrong. Killie changed their policy re OF fans too.

Q - in the past we have given a large support to the OF fans
A - I don`t think I could walk around the town if we gave the NW to the OF

Post Edited (Wed 18 Jan 21:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:28

Q - international fans on the horizon with our new owners?
A - I think Hamburg is the biggest ParsTV viewing figures ever!

From the floor - ty to the manager and CEO for everything on and off the pitch, it has been really refreshing to see Pars winning competitive games / doing over Falkirk. Ty for very much and let`s keep it going.

Q - are we in a position to pursue pre contracts? is it true Sam Fisher is out of contract?
A - Sam is out of contract at Dundee - not sure about dev fee, it`s a bit like the handball we dont really know how it works. It`s up to Dundee.

yes to pre contracts - couple of meeting with players, not going to name them, a lot of work ongoing for new players, a lot more work going on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:31

Q - how do you keep the entire squad happy, sitting on the bench etc? How do you keep them motivated?
A - yes, it`s part of the job. When you`re sitting down with your staff throughout the course of the season, the team v Falkirk we have to leave people on the bench. They all work extremely hard.

Injuries we lose through injury - Kevin, Paul - if we lose 6/7 at a time you then see the difference and you don`t want to see that. The support we have here, from Thomas` input, the support here every day, we get that 100%.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:38

Q - what do you think is our biggest threat to our team, and what extra would help us get over the line?
A - I think we need to keep working hard week in week out, as the manager says you can`t fault anyone`s work ethic. Since he came in, the results are going this way, and we hope it goes the same to the end of the season. Focus is on one game at a time.
A - our biggest threat is ourselves. If we think we are better than anyone else or we shouldn`t be league one because we`re Pars then it won`t work. Just work hard, and no one can fault you. If we are looking at games down the line it won`t work for us. There are other teams in the league which can beat us on the day so we need to focus only how we do. Success to the club, is pars fans applauding the team off the pitch, that brings a positive result.

Q - as a local lad, are you enjoying being a starring role in this team?
A - playing week in week out, I`m loving it, thankful to the manager for playing me in the position I am.
A - JmCP - I came in, unveiled on crutches, it was Matty running around the pitch at that time. He does everything you tell him to do, his enthusiasm to learn; he`s a Dunfermline fan, he`s a Dunfermline player and it should be me thanking him.

Q - goal on Saturday?
A - it was starts off with comb play through the week, kyle puts it through, josh shouts to keave it, the instinct to play it and I just did it. It`s about working on it throughout the week.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:39

End of meeting.
Thanks for reading my disjointed notes - hope they came through ok.

I`ll add more to it when I get home.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:42

Thanks for the updates, Buffy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bazzler1981  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 20:47

Cheers buffy

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 21:07

Additional text

Re the Q re the difference between last season and this year
A - JMcP - A first and foremost. The bare minimum hard work. From 18th June. From that date the work they put in is unbelievable. I Came here not sure of the environment. Massive believer in hard work. This group surprised me. Good players. Chalmers played against me. See his quality. Needed belief. Joe has played every game and Matty too. When I came in I wanted to give them a chance to impress. Demanded hard work. Standard and culture at this club demanded it. Togetherness. Team work. Started from the first friendly.
I’ve known Craig Wighton since he was 15. He needed reassurance after his knee problem.
Lots of help here at the club for everyone.

Post Edited (Wed 18 Jan 21:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 21:14

I spoke to James post meeting and he said he’d wished someone had asked the question re why everyone behind the ball for corners? (I had it on my phone from the forum but forgot - apologies to the poster who asked). However J answered it…..

“I like set pieces. You get the chance to put more strength to add a disadvantage to the opposing team; I’ve never seen a goalkeeper clear a ball to a striker who just happens to be in front of the opposing keeper, so having as many players behind stops this happening.”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 21:17

Cheers for all the updates Buffy 👍

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 21:25

Q - do we have a budget that’s running consistent this year after relegation?
Budget wise yes we’re where we want to be. Home attendance is up, great to get the fans behind us, all working out well as we had planned.

Q - pricing restructure is working well? Any changes to be made if we are promoted or more of the same?
A - we had to make it easier, and better, for our younger fans to attend and that’s why the new pricing restructure came in. We all are going through hard times just now and it’s no different for the club with running costs, wages, etc. It was important to have the supporters’ access to the games the priority as well as having ongoing financial conversations on the other factors. We can only focus on this season at present and it depends on the economy at a later date if prices have to change.

Q - injuries a problem?
A - Paul Allan x Ray tomorrow
Specialist Friday - he’s been on the trampoline to do weight training- through the foot. Desperate to get him back. He’s an asset to the team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 21:28

Q re players who are the hardest to play against in this league?
A - JMcP - (had a wee think about it) Aygeman at Kelty. He’s playing well for them but I don’t want to make people think we’re signing him (cue laughter from the audience).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 21:53

`I spoke to James post meeting and he said he’d wished someone had asked the question re why everyone behind the ball for corners? (I had it on my phone from the forum but forgot - apologies to the poster who asked). However J answered it…..

“I like set pieces. You get the chance to put more strength to add a disadvantage to the opposing team; I’ve never seen a goalkeeper clear a ball to a striker who just happens to be in front of the opposing keeper, so having as many players behind stops this happening.”`

That was me Buffy, thanks. He probably hears a lot of complaining from the dugout when we have everyone back, especially when we`re losing, which is why he would have wanted to hear the question. I`ve noticed a few headed clearances out the box and we`ve had no one to pick up or chase the loose ball, hence why I would have asked if I was there.

Thank you for the updates also.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 22:21

Very interesting, Buffy. Thanks. Wish I could’ve been there. Sounded like a very positive meeting.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 22:44

Quote:

buffy, Wed 18 Jan 21:28

Q re players who are the hardest to play against in this league?
A - JMcP - (had a wee think about it) Aygeman at Kelty. He’s playing well for them but I don’t want to make people think we’re signing him (cue laughter from the audience).

A couple of days ago Kelty announced a striker signing who`s scored 40 goals already this season.

[I]𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬‼️

Kelty Hearts are delighted to announce the signing of highly rated, Tiwi Daramola from Bo’ness Athletic on a three & a half year deal.

He will rejoin Bo’ness Athletic on loan for the remainder of the current season[/I]

Could be signing as a replacement for Agyeman....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 22:48

Can you expand on the bit about joma and next season? Not sure what it meant. Sorry.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 22:52

No worries. We are not continuing our contract with Joma. We are looking to get a new deal in with a different shirt provider. (There was some chat about Adiddas but I didn’t pick up on it but I got the gist it wasn’t in our remit). Happy to be corrected on this point.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 22:53

You’re very welcome RossF.

Thanks to everyone for reading.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 23:07

The chat about adidas/Nike was basically that we aren’t worth their time.

“Pogba helps adidas sell millions of shirts and boots etc, we don’t”

Rumours are that the new kit provider is going to be Errea although not confirmed.

They also advised the new provider will be providing us with a bespoke kit, spoke about having to get a good deal for the club whilst also making sure the quality of product was something the fans and players would actually want to wear.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 23:08

Excellent note taking, buffy.

I thought there was a real feel-good factor in the room, and both the questions and the answers were top-class.

I was really impressed with Matty Todd`s maturity in answering questions, particularly when he was asked about the differences between last season and this. He deftly avoided criticising previous managers by responding that he was only concentrating on this season and didn`t want to talk about the past. He has also quickly learned all the clichés needed for post-match interviews, but he even managed to put them across very well. The mutual respect between him and James McPake came across too.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5: text "DADSC" to 70970

Post Edited (Wed 18 Jan 23:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 23:16

Regarding the kit manufacturer, the question asked about the challenges getting the new kit manufacturer, mentioned Adidas. DC explained Adidas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 Jan 23:22

Cheers guys. I was dealing with the adverts problem at the time so couldn’t get it typed in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 08:50

Thank you for the updates Buffy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 08:55

Well if we are getting a bespoke designed kit, then a deal will already have been signed. It takes months to plan, design, manufacture and deliver new kits.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 09:53

On the kit contract, presumably the club wants to hold back on any announcement until they can have a proper media launch.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 10:20

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 19 Jan 09:53

On the kit contract, presumably the club wants to hold back on any announcement until they can have a proper media launch.

I`d agree with this. The people who sort out our kits don`t tend to muck around, the order needs to be in before Christmas I`m sure, so as to guarantee you have the new kits in time.

Not only will we know the maker but we`ll know the kits, we`ll just be waiting to release it properly.

Truthfully there wasn`t much said of interest last night IMO, not a bad thing there`s just not much going on. Heading in I had no real questions in mind for what I wanted answered, I was going primarily for the presentations at the start. I was hoping that McPake might do something similar to what he done at the smaller fans meeting last month? But that never materialised.

It seems the squads a harmonious bunch though, plenty to be optimistic about. Thanks to everyone that gave up there spare time to pull it together 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 10:59

Reading between the lines i didn`t realise how shoddily he must have been treated by Dundee and it must have really hit him hard on a personal level.

He was far too professional and savvy to say anything untoward but i think there is a real fire burning under him to get back to that level and prove he deserves go be there. Hopefully it is with the Pars !

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 11:12

Yeah, definitely not happy with Dundee as a club. A few mentions last night around him leaving there, the farce of the late cancellation and the differences between old and new club.

He`d love to turn them over.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 11:20

DC mentioned last night that the new kit supplier gives us "bespoke home, away and training kits which is a first for the club". He went on further mentioning manufacturers like Adidas etc aren`t interested in clubs like us compared to bigger clubs. Basically meaning the club want bespoke kits unlike teams who currently use Adidas etc who pick out a catalogue and pop a badge on. Hopefully we get a company who don`t have the quality problems we had early joma days with the badge on the sleeve washing off or dodgy sizing.

For context my dad was given a Dunfermline zipper top for Christmas it was an XL which was discussed to go one bigger than his actual size. This still proved to be way to small. I tried it on as I`m a medium and it was even tight on me. We were lucky enough Dunfermline club shop have a good exchange time frame and this was exchanged. I am looking forward to our kit next season and I am glad the club have clearly, by what DC said last night done extensive due diligence on this and not just went with the first supplier.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 11:23

Well done Buffy: excellent note-taking there as always

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 11:30

Many thanks for the updates, Buffy. They made me feel like I was there in person. 🙂🤗

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 12:35

I don`t know how you manage to do what you do Buffy but it is much appreciated.
When discussing the video checking of opponents Monty and Tommy were mentioned. I take it Tommy is the Physio, who is Monty? I know it doesn`t necessarily affect what happens on the park but the fact that this work is going on makes the club feel a bit more organised and professional than say, last season when so many decisions seemed to be managers flying by the seat of their pants.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 12:56

+1 to the thanks - really interesting read.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 13:28

Monty is Gary Montignani and is a scout, who used to coach at Fife Elite. Good lad actually, he is a few year`s younger than me, we grew up together and worked with each other for a bit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 14:41

Thanks for that info Athletico.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 14:53

Wasn`t Gary M on the scouting staff last season? I don`t think he`s new.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Thu 19 Jan 15:15

Quote:

Athletico, Thu 19 Jan 13:28

Monty is Gary Montignani and is a scout, who used to coach at Fife Elite. Good lad actually, he is a few year`s younger than me, we grew up together and worked with each other for a bit.

I worked with Gary as well and boy can he blether. Good bloke as well hopefully he`s doing well at the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net