DAFC.net
Home 27 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sam Fisher
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:02

recalled by Dundee
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sam Fisher
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:03

That’s a bit of a blow. Decent player
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:05

Ffs

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:12

....Thats unfortunate. I hope hes going to get a game.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:27

Gutted for the player and the Pars. Dundee maybe going to give him match time before trying to get him to sign a new contract. We will definitely need to bring a CB in before the window closes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:29

That`s the risk in signing loanees. If we`re going to play three at the back we have Comrie, Bene and Breen but not much cover other than Young and possibly Hamilton. I`d imagine the manager would be looking to get someone in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:39

What`s the chances of Dundee waiting until near the end of Jan then loaning him again?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:41

Ladswell_Thistle wrote:

> What`s the chances of Dundee waiting until near the end of Jan
> then loaning him again?
>
>

I wouldnt rule that out

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:52

It`s a shame as he`s generally been excellent.

Was McPake at all critical of Dundee at the supporters event the other night? Just wondering if it`s in response to something said there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 11:54

I don`t think Dundee would be that petty tbh.

Always a risk with loans. Hopefully get some signings in but it`ll take a while to get people gelling.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 12:10

A player has to agree to a loan deal too. I imagine he might be a pissed off at this. Might/hopefully see him back at EEP as our player.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 12:11

I dont know how the lad has time to play football,whatwith all the spying and assasinating he does.

Only videogamers will get that 🥸

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 12:23

That’s a shame. He’s done well for us and his long, diagonal passes were quite effective at getting us on the attack

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 12:30

going to assume the recall/extension date was today as he is cup tied tomorrow and Tuesday so its not like they need him for that, he also cant play for another club this season unless its in a "summer" league.....a wild guess, have we made a precontract offer and theyve called him back until a deal can be done this month to maximise a fee? id really doubt that though.

hopefully the "recruitment team" have a plan B, C, D in case this happened.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 12:30

Sam was at Lynburn PS yesterday for a Pars Tackle Health session. We had a chat afterwards and he said how much he was loving playing for the Pars, what a great bunch of lads they were, etc.

He said that he didn`t know what would happen at the end of the season as his contract is up then. Unless he was being very coy, I don`t think he had any idea Dundee were calling him back to Dens today.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 12:59

He’s been a good player for us, too.
Good luck on his return to Dundee.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 13:20

I wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye? He is cup-tied in both cups so can’t play in either of Dundees next 2 games which makes the timing odd. I’d also be surprised if Dundee were to pitch him into the race for the title.

Maybe I’m wrong but I wonder if Dundee are trying to force our hand in terms of a transfer bid? Or have we upset them by trying to get a pre-contract signed?

Like I said it doesn’t quite add up. That said I wish him well as he has been great for us.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 13:59

Recalled to fork the pitch and use a hairdryer on it 20 hours a day for the next 3 months

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 13:59

Quote:

livipar2, Fri 20 Jan 13:20

I wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye? He is cup-tied in both cups so can’t play in either of Dundees next 2 games which makes the timing odd. I’d also be surprised if Dundee were to pitch him into the race for the title.

Maybe I’m wrong but I wonder if Dundee are trying to force our hand in terms of a transfer bid? Or have we upset them by trying to get a pre-contract signed?

Like I said it doesn’t quite add up. That said I wish him well as he has been great for us.

Could be that a deal is already done and he’s just been called back to say cheerio to the staff and his team mates I’d highly doubt that they have recalled him just to sit on the bench given that before he came in on loan they showed no intention of playing him

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 14:34

Could it not just be that Dundee have 16 league games left in little more than 3 months and managed to ship 4 goals at home to Arbroath in their last match at home?

They`ve got a centre back at the team at the top of the league below and playing in a defence that barely loses any goals. It`s effectively a free transfer for a guy who can come straight in and do a job if required at a time when the squad could get stretched.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 14:41

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 20 Jan 14:34

Could it not just be that Dundee have 16 league games left in little more than 3 months and managed to ship 4 goals at home to Arbroath in their last match at home?

They`ve got a centre back at the team at the top of the league below and playing in a defence that barely loses any goals. It`s effectively a free transfer for a guy who can come straight in and do a job if required at a time when the squad could get stretched.

Too sensible. The conspiracy theories are far more entertaining ...

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5: text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 15:06

Quote:

Nailed it, DA-go

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 15:15

Quote:

Stanza, Fri 20 Jan 14:41

Quote:

Too sensible. The conspiracy theories are far more entertaining ...

It is only 6 months since they deemed him unsuitable for the Championship. If the roles were reversed and it was us doing this do you think it would be enough to pacify the troops? Highly doubt it

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 20 Jan 15:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DeeMan  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 15:34

Know how you feel about Sam being recalled. We were same about Zach Robinson being recalled by Wimbledon to sit on their bench while they snapped up two new strikers. But we are down to 18 outfield players so, while it would be better for his development to stay at East End, he is needed at Dens. Hope he gets some game time. Decent player and I believe he has been playing well for you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 15:53

Sam I`m sorry to see you go back to Dundee. Hopefully you will come back next season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 16:02

Clubs don`t loan players out for charitable reasons. They hope they will develop and come back better players. In a away it`s a compliment to us that Dundee have recalled him. Anyway, it works both ways. We recalled Miller Fenton from Berwick Rangers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Jan 17:00

different with Fenton though, he was injured and Berwick needed him away to get a replacement straight away which they did.

going back to the last league one campaign when McAusland left, McKay was an obvious option in January but at the moment when you look around up here, if he hadnt been here already Fisher would be that option so its going to be a tough one to cover.

Post Edited (Fri 20 Jan 17:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 14:59

Not in Dundee team today yet they only have 7 subs listed!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 15:03

Cup tied after Forfar game i think .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 19:58

Was in the pars end today.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 20:17

Dave Mackay hinted in his post-match interview that we might get him back `sometime`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 20:51

He obviously likes being here or why the hell would you turn up in Glasgow to watch us.

Fingers crossed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 21 Jan 21:03

French`s suspected broken leg today for them wont help our case for a quick return unless they get a couple of replacements for both.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 07:41

Quote:

elvis_lives, Sat 21 Jan 20:51

He obviously likes being here or why the hell would you turn up in Glasgow to watch us.

Fingers crossed.

Sam has fitted in very well at EEP and is very popular with the rest of the squad. No real surprise that he wanted to cheer his mates on, but perhaps a bit surprising that Dundee didn`t ask him to attend their tie.

Perhaps he asked if he could go to Firhill instead?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 12:22

Again, he was cup tied yesterday which is why he wasn`t in the squad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 12:30

You would have thought he would have gone to the Dundee game just along the M8 at Paisley rather than the Pars` game now that they`ve recalled him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 13:21

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 22 Jan 12:30

You would have thought he would have gone to the Dundee game just along the M8 at Paisley rather than the Pars` game now that they`ve recalled him.

He just might have made more pals at EEP, Eck. Here he was a regular starter. How many first team appearances has he made for Dundee? Just on the periphery of things at Dens. Such a shame they`ve recalled him.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 13:27

He is a Dundee player though, GGR. You would have thought they would have been eager for him to be part of the squad even if he couldn`t play.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 13:43

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 22 Jan 13:27

He is a Dundee player though, GGR. You would have thought they would have been eager for him to be part of the squad even if he couldn`t play.

No argument there, Eck, but I`d be very surprised if he didn`t get permission to go to Firhill instead of Paisley. Quite surprised their manager sanctioned it, if that`s what happened.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 15:26

Probably just there to say goodbye, from a Dundee perspective they haven`t had the best defence this year, meanwhile they have one of there players on loan at a team in the division below who have an incredible defensive record.

If we were in Dundees position I`d be hoping for us to recall him! With them now having a RCB with a broken leg it`s a no brainer.

Fisher has done well by us, we`ve done well be Fisher, he seems like a good lad and I hope he does well in his career, I don`t think he`ll be back at us either this season, or next though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 17:18

Dundee have taken Barry Maguire on loan from Motherwell until the end of the season. I`m not sure if he`s a midfielder or a defender but he`s 24, 6` 2" and a Scotland under 21 international. I can`t imagine he`s going to sit on the bench. Could this clear the way for Sam Fisher to return to EEP?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 17:22

midfielder....pushes Byrne down the pecking order though...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 18:16

Not sure if the money we get for Nisbet may enable the club to pay Dundee a small fee and to sign Fisher in this window. Hope so

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 19:29

Quote:

GJS93, Thu 26 Jan 17:22

midfielder....pushes Byrne down the pecking order though...

Can he not play midfield and defense?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 21:57

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 26 Jan 17:18

Dundee have taken Barry Maguire on loan from Motherwell until the end of the season. I`m not sure if he`s a midfielder or a defender but he`s 24, 6` 2" and a Scotland under 21 international. I can`t imagine he`s going to sit on the bench. Could this clear the way for Sam Fisher to return to EEP?

I`m not sure if Barry Maguire is a defender or midfielder either, but what I do know is that he`s on the eve of destruction
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 22:11

Made me chuckle……one for the oldies👍
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net