DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Player/fans interaction
Topic Originator: jim4294  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 11:17

I`ve always thought that fans get up for a game when the team acknowledge them. It was noticeable yesterday the fans were superb. Supported the team from the 1st minute right through until after penalties. But to my point, after the warm up bene pulled the players together before leaving the pitch to come over to applaud the support, the fans appreciated this and got behind them. I`ve always liked teams that do that after the warm up.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Player/fans interaction
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 12:00

Daves interview gives a lot of credit to the fans. Said it was the best he had seen so far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 12:24

It`s such a simple thing but means so much. You see clubs in many other countries really engage with their fanbase, so to see the team and the fans so connected is great to see.

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 12:28

I was surprised when the away contingent was announced as 762. I thought it looked more like 1.000 or so.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 20:00

I remember back in the Leishman era when there was a close bond between players and fans. the players used to come across to the NW to sign autographs for the young fans during the warm up. I have noticed this happening a couple of time this year the first for a long time and Bene giving the captains arm band to a young fan after every game adds to this.

This always should be encouraged particularly with the amount of Pars fans we have in the squad now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 21:05

In a player`s eyes, the difference between having a passionate fan base supporting you and a disgruntled fan base criticizing you cannot be overstated. Positivity leads to an extra spring in the step or a little extra dig on a 50/50 ball; it also bolsters the energy and belief to come back from goals behind or to protect a lead.

COYP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 22:40

Apart from James and Dave the big difference this season is we have a leader on the park in Bene, he one of the best captains we’ve had in recent years

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 12:41

.......Anyone else remember when the during the warm up, just before the players returned to the dressing rooms. They lined up under the NWS ran to the main stand & then back to the NWS applauding the support in both stands.

It was always well received. Could we not do that again?

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: jim4294  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 13:15

Quote:

Angus_W, Mon 23 Jan 12:41

.......Anyone else remember when the during the warm up, just before the players returned to the dressing rooms. They lined up under the NWS ran to the main stand & then back to the NWS applauding the support in both stands.

It was always well received. Could we not do that again?

I remember that very well. This is exactly the thing they should be doing. Not heading off in 1s and 2s. They`ve done it recently in big games i.e f*****k and Raith but should be every game. Imo
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net