DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 All the best
Topic Originator: partickthistlelad  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 12:44

Penalty shootouts are always a lottery
You were definitely the better team and unlucky not to win

You guys had by far the best and biggest away support at Firhill all season by some considerable distance. Great backing for your team and a great friendly support to have a natter with

Dundee, Queens Park and Morton who were NeXT biggest supports have been under 400. You brought about 800 which for January and in this financial crisis is a fantastic number

Good luck for Tuesday night and in the league a proper football club and fans and we will see you in the championship next season

All the best Pars

red and yellow army
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: All the best
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 12:53

thanks from ParsTV as well,
your staff were very helpfull and cheery to us,
much appreciated

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 13:19

Thanks for the good wishes partickthistlelad .
Look forward to welcoming you to eep next season if we`re both in the championship 👍

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 13:25

Nice post from ptl. I find Firhill one of the better grounds to visit although parking restrictions around the ground are a bit of a pain now.

A home draw in the SC is an even bigger advantage now with the end of replays and the bonus of extra time and possibly penalties in front of a home crowd.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 13:32

Yeah parking restrictions with a maximum of 3hrs does mean parking up at 2:30 and the game going to penalties your car wasn’t covered. Although the two guys i spoke to when I arrived assured me that they don’t enforce them on match days! (I didn’t risk it).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 13:50

Yes we lost but it was a very good day out and both teams gave their all to try and win and Firhill is not the dump that some have tried to make out. The main stand could do with refurbishment but the other two stands are great and it was a comfortable enough spectator experience from the old stand.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yvb-par  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 14:34

It was a fantastic team performance. I know it was a one-off cup tie, but we didn`t look out of place for 120 minutes of football away from home. Loads of positives for us to take away.

It was a nice touch from Jags for Good to recognise the support that Pars fans gave to the food bank drive. Looks like you are another club that wants to thrive within your community.

THANK YOU: Enormous thanks to everyone - Jags and Pars fans - who supported our foodbank donation drive today.

We raised almost 100kg of food and £421 in cash to support the vital work of @Glasgow_NW_FB

Good luck progressing through the rounds
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 16:38

Nice post partickthistlelad .. hopefully we will be playing you a few more times next season .. If so I will buy you a drink in Legends

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 22 Jan 16:55

If only all fans could get along with mutual respect like this. Fitba would be a much more enjoyable, family experience.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 00:04

Yes I quite agree Parrot but we can take this mutual respect a wee bit too far. I had to restrain my Partick supporting chum, in the away section with me from celebrating when Thistle scored. He was also mumbling "yellow red, yellow red". Next time I`m downright refusing to sit beside him.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net