DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Lamps Lights Out
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 15:46

Everton have sacked manager Frank Lampard after less than a year in charge at Goodison Park.

Defeat at fellow strugglers West Ham United on Saturday was Everton`s ninth loss in 12 Premier League games.

They are second from bottom of the table with 15 points from 20 matches, above Southampton on goal difference.

Former England midfielder Lampard, 44, replaced Rafael Benitez in January 2022 with the team 16th in the table and helped Everton avoid relegation.

Everton are now looking for their sixth permanent manager in five years.

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Lamps Lights Out
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 16:07

Everton maybe need to go down, regroup and come back stronger. Ange really should be a contender giving what he is doing at Celtic, he interested in his resolve should a formal offer come in, as Everton are a big club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 16:56

Quote:

dafc, Mon 23 Jan 16:07

Everton maybe need to go down, regroup and come back stronger. Ange really should be a contender giving what he is doing at Celtic, he interested in his resolve should a formal offer come in, as Everton are a big club.

Ange Postecoglu is being touted for every EPL job that comes up, by people who would like to see a less successful Celtic, in the same way that others couldn`t wait to see the back of of Stevie Gerrard who had built a Rangers team which was too competitive for their liking.

I can`t see him doing a Brendan Rodgers and upping sticks in midseason.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:04

Sean Dyche 5/4 Fav

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:06

Moyes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:07

Big Dunc 3/1 Moyes 8/1 Rigger

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:12

G.G`s Hero Ange has gone from 33`s to 14`s

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:23

Is that Frank finished then?

Would be a shame as he seems like a nice guy.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:41

Quote:

ipswichpar, Mon 23 Jan 17:23

Nah he`ll go on to make thousand`s working for Sky or BT
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:41

Quote:

ipswichpar, Mon 23 Jan 17:23

I can’t see him getting another top job, failed at Chelsea and Derby

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 17:54

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 23 Jan 17:12

G.G`s Hero Ange has gone from 33`s to 14`s

😂🤣😂

Frank seems a decent guy, but I think he was involved in a despicable incident at Heathrow airport just after 9/11 when he and John Terry were mocking weeping Americans who were watching TV images of the burning twin towers. I wasn't surprised by Terry but shocked that Lampard joined in.

Sean Dyche appears to be a done deal.

Post Edited (Mon 23 Jan 18:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 18:31

Quote:

dafc, Mon 23 Jan 16:07

Ange Postecoglu is being touted for every EPL job that comes up, by people who would like to see a less successful Celtic, in the same way that others couldn`t wait to see the back of of Stevie Gerrard who had built a Rangers team which was too competitive for their liking.

I can`t see him doing a Brendan Rodgers and upping sticks in midseason.

Celtic will in the main always have a successful manager given it’s a 2 horse league.
Ange in my opinion has proven in a short time in Scotland to be very shrewd which is what Everton need, he is clearly ambitious and the premier league England is almost the pinnacle for managers and it is difficult for anyone, either manager or player to turn down such an opportunity especially if they have belief in themselves which he appears to have.
Do I think he will go mid season, nope. Then again i didn’t think Rodgers or gerrard would have either.
Sometimes best jobs are mid season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 18:45

The majority of management jobs come up mid-season, it would be incredible for any manager to refuse to be involved in that market.

I don’t think he’d be right for Everton just now, he likes a project and that’s not what Everton are atm, they will be wanting someone to scramble together enough points to see them to safety. Even if the achieve that I don’t know what they’ll do, they’ve spent an absolute fortune over the years and that includes bringing in managers with good pedigree and nobody has managed to make it work, points to something being badly wrong behind the scenes IMO.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 18:47

I`d imagine Gerrard flopping at Villa has killed off any chance of Ange getting a top level job down south.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 18:52

Ancelotti was making a decent fist of the Everton job but then Real came calling.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 19:09

Gutted for Frank - it`s Moshiri who needs to do one.

Great escape last season then instead of heeding the warning, we sell our best player & don`t replace him.

Never mind - we`ll have a shiny new stadium for the Championship challenge.

Only club to get worse after getting more money!

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 23 Jan 19:14

It is ludicrous to compare Ange with Gerrard. Apples and Oranges. You may not have heard of him, but he already had a serious track record before arriving at Parkhead. He had managed in a World Cup and won the Asian Cup at international level for goodness sake, and won J-League and A League titles on two continents.

I don`t think Ange will be going to an English side fighting relegation. He is destined for one of the big clubs, and not necessarily in England.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 16:37

Dyche and Bielsa joint favs 14/5
Marcelo Bielsa has reportedly `rejected the offer` to become the new Everton manager.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 18:13

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 24 Jan 16:37

Dyche and Bielsa joint favs 14/5
Marcelo Bielsa has reportedly `rejected the offer` to become the new Everton manager.

Hey what`s happened to my hero, BPP? Back out to 33/1. He must be pretty rubbish. Maybe Everton are mindful of how the last manager of a Scottish Premiership team to move to the Premier League fared? 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 18:26

LOL Ach yer an awfy man GG .. Who`s your Lira that youv`e kept all these years on ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 07:39

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 24 Jan 18:26

LOL Ach yer an awfy man GG .. Who`s your Lira that youv`e kept all these years on ?

Aye, you`ll need to hone those reading and interpretation skills, BPP. 😉

I refer you to my post of Monday at 17.12. He of the gravelly voice kept little Burnley in the PL for several seasons on a shoe string budget, relative to the big hitters. They then sold his main striker, Woods to Newcastle before sacking him. 🙁

The football his teams play ain`t pretty but it might just keep Everton up if he gets the nod until the end of the season. They might then splash out on a "big name."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 17:34

Marcelo Bielsa has arrived in London for further talks with Everton`s hierarchy as they search for a successor to Frank Lampard.

The 67-year-old former Leeds United manager is a favoured choice of Everton owner Farhad Moshiri.

Sean Dyche, who has been out of work since being dismissed by Burnley in April, is the other main contender to take over at Goodison Park. But it would appear GG Riva has jinxed the move

The Toffees hope to have someone in place by the weekend.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 17:44

Could you get two more contrasting managers than Bielsa and Dyche?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 17:51

Dyche 8/13 .. Bielsa 2/1 ..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 05:56

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 26 Jan 17:44

Those were my thoughts too, wee eck. I`m ready to issue a grovelling public apology to Sean Dyche if Marcelo Bielsa pips him at the post. 😃

Dyche might be the safer short term option to keep Everton up, but his teams are not renowned for their spectacular style. Bielsa is the polar opposite. His Leeds played with so much energy, demanding extremely high levels of fitness and they were often involved in high scoring, entertaining games. In the end, Leeds hit the panic button when they looked in some danger of going down. Jesse Marsch kept them up.... just and this season looks like being touch and go again.

Bielsa would probably be a more popular choice among Everton`s fan base, but given their league position, Dyche would be more practical at least in the short term, but would he take the job only until the end of the season? Another consideration is that Bielsa didn`t appear to have mastered basic English - he always spoke through an interpreter post match and while this didn`t prevent him being successful at Leeds, it`s not ideal.

Nothing against Dyche, but I`d love to see Bielsa back in the EPL. If he does get the job, Everton might go down but I think he could bring them straight back up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 08:27

Good post GG

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 11:27

The Beeb are now saying Dyche is hot favourite :-

Sean Dyche is expected to be named as Everton`s new manager, succeeding the sacked Frank Lampard. Dyche and former Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa were the two main contenders after holding talks with Everton`s hierarchy. Bielsa was initially understood to be the favoured choice of owner Farhad Moshiri but the former Burnley boss is now in pole position. The Toffees want their new manager in place before the weekend.

Bielsa, 67, expressed reservations about taking over in mid-season and whether the squad would fit his high-intensity and physically demanding style. There were also doubts over the expensive package his appointment would require. Talks did not bring any resolution, leaving Dyche as the front-runner, although it remains to be seen what agreement will be reached on length of contract, with the 51-year-old unlikely to simply want a short-term deal.

Everton are next in action on 4 February, when they host Premier League leaders Arsenal at Goodison Park.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 12:34

They could have had Jimmy White but they`re going for Steady Eddie Charlton..... 🙁

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 16:25

^^^ made me smile

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 19:04

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 27 Jan 05:56

Quote:

Another consideration is that Bielsa didn`t appear to have mastered basic English - he always spoke through an interpreter post match and while this didn`t prevent him being successful at Leeds, it`s not ideal

Belsay had a good understanding of English, but felt it better to have an interpreter as he was unwilling to be mis quoted by the media........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 19:40

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Fri 27 Jan 19:04

Quote:

Quote:

Another consideration is that Bielsa didn`t appear to have mastered basic English - he always spoke through an interpreter post match and while this didn`t prevent him being successful at Leeds, it`s not ideal

Belsay had a good understanding of English, but felt it better to have an interpreter as he was unwilling to be mis quoted by the media........

I didn`t know that. Do you know if he used an interpreter to speak to his players or whether he used his English?

I have a smattering of Spanish and have to say he wasn`t exactly effusive with it in his post match briefings.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 19:42

Remember Pochettino at Southampton? Miraculously went from needing a translator and in the space of a few days could speak fluent English after joining Spurs ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 27 Jan 19:48

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 27 Jan 19:40

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Fri 27 Jan 19:04

Quote:

Quote:

I didn`t know that. Do you know if he used an interpreter to speak to his players or whether he used his English?

I have a smattering of Spanish and have to say he wasn`t exactly effusive with it in his post match briefings.

The interpreter was always on the training pitch with him for the more detailed information for individual players but the language of `football` was all that was needed once the players were on the pitch.

The players had dossiers that were required to be read to help them understand what he expected from them, fortunately he had a big majority of the squad who were willing to buy into his philosophy
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net