DAFC.net
Home 28 January 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The so called diddy cup
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 22:16

It’s that diddy a home tie against the rovers could have given us quite a bit of cash to sign a player,with a 6000 plus crowd .On the other hand are the board having any intention of making another signing it makes you wonder.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The so called diddy cup
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 23:09

It`s up to the manager to identify signings, not the board.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 23:20

Not a chance we would`ve got more than 6000 at it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 24 Jan 23:27

It`s amazing how it takes a defeat to a team a league above us in an absolute farce of a tournament for all the usual suspects to appear and tell us the team are "terrible" and "Chalmers is rank"

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 06:55

The post wasn’t criticizing the team it was about transfers and gaining some income and I would have thought priciing at £10 and a fiver there would be every chance there would be a good turnout.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 07:26

Is gate money not shared minus something like 10% for expenses? So 6,000 at £10 & £5 would not lead to much of a player

Edited as I don’t know why app truncates posts

Post Edited (Wed 25 Jan 07:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 10:10

And again, that`s providing we got 6,000.

We got 4,000 last time we played Raith in this competition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 14:59

Quote:

Grant, Wed 25 Jan 10:10

I think being a smi finsl would add a bit to that. Are Raith not doing a bit better since then too. Close to 6k could be about right.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 15:09

da_no_1 - Chalmers is awful, nobody can convince me otherwise, two or three decent passes per game don’t cut it for me. He gets caught sleeping and dispossessed on a number of occasions. If you wanted a holding midfielder I’d 100% take big Nat over him. Looking at our central midfield options over the years, he’s bottom of the pile.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 15:27

I think the difference was the finishing. We played some good football. We scored two well taken goals and that will need to be tge quaility we show in tge championship. Craig is a capable goalscorer and if he can maintain his form he will be crucial next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 15:29

McCann is still learning his trade but there is potential in their in my view
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 17:27

`Topic Originator: par_33 like
Date: Wed 25 Jan 15:09

da_no_1 - Chalmers is awful, nobody can convince me otherwise, two or three decent passes per game don’t cut it for me...`

Have you been waiting for Chalmers to have a poor game so you could post this? How do you come up with the description `awful`? According to the SPFL website he has provided 5 `assists` in 20 appearances which is joint 4th in League 1. It may not be brilliant but it`s hardly `awful`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 17:43

"da_no_1 - Chalmers is awful, nobody can convince me otherwise,"

The manager was singing his praises at the meeting last Wednesday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 17:57

Quote:

par_33, Wed 25 Jan 15:09

da_no_1 - Chalmers is awful, nobody can convince me otherwise, two or three decent passes per game don’t cut it for me. He gets caught sleeping and dispossessed on a number of occasions. If you wanted a holding midfielder I’d 100% take big Nat over him. Looking at our central midfield options over the years, he’s bottom of the pile.

No, sorry but you`re completely wrong.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 18:01

Quote:

par_33, Wed 25 Jan 15:09

da_no_1 - Chalmers is awful, nobody can convince me otherwise

That is largely due to the fact that some folk are simply unteachable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 18:16

I have been critical of Chalmers in the past but I think he has been a really important part of our team this season and nowhere near awful
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 18:50

Past 3 or 4 months he`s been a solid, decent performer. He`s the new Curran, Skinner, Millen, pick your scapegoat.

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 19:28

There is a chap next to us who does nothing but berate Chalmers. Just stopping short of blaming him for there being no bridies left. Personally I think he has done ok this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 25 Jan 19:44

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 25 Jan 19:28

There is a chap next to us who does nothing but berate Chalmers. Just stopping short of blaming him for there being no bridies left. Personally I think he has done ok this season.

Some fans haven`t a clue. I used to stand near an old guy on the North Terracing in the 70s. He used to hurl abuse at Allan Evans, the kindest of which was "Away Evans ya useless barsteward". The Pars sold Evans to Aston Villa for 20k. He went on to win a league title medal, the European Champions Cup and 20 Scotland caps.

Chalmers may suffer from the fact that John Hughes sung his praises when he signed him. Hughes was a disaster of a manager for us, but that doesn`t mean he didn`t know a good player from a poor one.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 09:02

I think Chalmers has improved but he still frustrates me. Makes a lot of sideways or backwards passes, which in itself isn`t a huge problem but often they put a defender or other midfielder under pressure in a tight spot. He takes a lot of set pieces but u don`t think his delivery is that good and his crossing from open play is arguably worse. He`s certainly not terrible and he`s better than he showed last season but he`s very much a "meh" player for me.

Anyway, yes, while it would have been good to win on Tuesday, this is the lowest priority competition we were in this season so it was very much a Diddy cup. Would I liked us to have won it? Yes. Am I that fussed we`re out? No.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 09:43

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 25 Jan 14:59

Quote:

Grant, Wed 25 Jan 10:10

I think being a smi finsl would add a bit to that. Are Raith not doing a bit better since then too. Close to 6k could be about right.

Raith were the holders of the competition having just beaten Rangers in the final, they were doing pretty well.

I just don`t see it being close to 6k, we played Raith twice in the league last year, both midweek. The second game was important, certainly more so than a challenge Cup game and we got 5200, that was an improvement on the game earlier in the season where we got 4450 with Peter Grant at the helm.

Earlier on in the season we played Falkirk in a top of the table clash, with Falkirk bringing through a very healthy support we got 6 and a half thousand. A challenge Cup game doesn`t come close to that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 09:48

As for Chalmers I would gladly have never seen him in a Pars shirt again after the end of last season, he had a couple of very good games on TV but he was absolutely brutal for the most part, then again so was everyone bar Matty Todd at right back.

This season Chalmers is playing in a role, and in a team that suits him far more and we`re seing the benefit of him, he`s been one of my favourite players this season and I`d absolutely have him as my PoTY. Some players can make mistakes and they just get brushed over, Benedictus was at fault for the goal against Partick and one against Dundee, if that had been Chalmers there would be people demanding he be released.

I`m not saying that Bene deserves that either, but the vilification of Chalmers is wild.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 10:10

Quote:

Grant, Thu 26 Jan 09:48

As for Chalmers I would gladly have never seen him in a Pars shirt again after the end of last season, he had a couple of very good games on TV but he was absolutely brutal for the most part, then again so was everyone bar Matty Todd at right back.

This season Chalmers is playing in a role, and in a team that suits him far more and we`re seing the benefit of him, he`s been one of my favourite players this season and I`d absolutely have him as my PoTY. Some players can make mistakes and they just get brushed over, Benedictus was at fault for the goal against Partick and one against Dundee, if that had been Chalmers there would be people demanding he be released.

I`m not saying that Bene deserves that either, but the vilification of Chalmers is wild.

Completely agree.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 10:29

I suspect one of the reasons Chalmers is unpopular with some fans is that he is not an emotional player. If he makes a poor pass he just tends to get on with things whereas players like Edwards or Todd will look to the heavens or hold their head in their hands in frustration. Some fans interpret that as showing these players `care` more than someone who shows no emotion.

I think one of the problems Chalmers had last season was that, when he got the ball, there was little movement in front of him and he ended up passing backwards or sideways. This season he has more passing options ahead of him and, as he is generally quite an accurate passer, he tends to find his target.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 11:55

Crazy the same guy moaning about Chalmers is on a different post moaning about folk being negative.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 12:33

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Thu 26 Jan 10:29

I suspect one of the reasons Chalmers is unpopular with some fans is that he is not an emotional player. If he makes a poor pass he just tends to get on with things whereas players like Edwards or Todd will look to the heavens or hold their head in their hands in frustration. Some fans interpret that as showing these players `care` more than someone who shows no emotion.

I think one of the problems Chalmers had last season was that, when he got the ball, there was little movement in front of him and he ended up passing backwards or sideways. This season he has more passing options ahead of him and, as he is generally quite an accurate passer, he tends to find his target.

I agree with this, a lot is to do with body language , players like todd and Hamilton look all action and are giving 100%.

some players dont have good body language and will get grief when things go wrong, chalmers is one i`ve seen Mochrie get it too.

I`m old enough to remember Chris Waddle he had terrible body language, always looked knackered but what a player

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 12:46

Saw an interview with Kieran Tierney recently when he said he couldn`t get a game in the youth team because of Joe Chalmers!

Had to start playing on the wing to get game time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 13:23

Chalmers is the main midfield link man. He pops up everywhere, always in position to take a pass. Usually his distribution is fine, very occasionally his pass goes astray and he gets bailed out by a team mate. From what I see he covers more ground than most players on the park and I would guess has more touches than any. His crosses into the box from corners and free kicks are as effective as most but it`s been good to see McDonald`s improvement in that in recent games. Chalmers has improved since last season as he has settled into the team. He`s now an integral part of it. One of the first two or three on the team sheet for me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 13:31

Grant has it spot on.

Ep. 6 of East End Tales is out now with AUSTIN McCANN! Reminisce with us about the big Fife derby in 2011, otherwise known as BMMMH day!

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12099928
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Thu 26 Jan 14:21

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 25 Jan 18:16

I have been critical of Chalmers in the past but I think he has been a really important part of our team this season and nowhere near awful

Agreed 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net