DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fan behaviour
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Tue 31 Oct 20:20

Disappointed that several seats were broken by some of our fans at Saturdays match. No doubt the club will foot the bill. But it`s not a good feeling that some of our supporters consider this behaviour acceptable.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fan behaviour
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 08:11

All tickets were sold online, surely the Rovers will have details of who purchased these seats and get the police involved. I know that someone will point out that it may be another fan who did the damage, but then surely the responsible fans will come forward and save others having to be punished for their unacceptable behaviour. The vast majority of our fans are honest, hard working people who love our club and hate the needless vandalism caused by a very small minority, and the slur on our reputation. You know who your are, if you are big enough to cause the damage, be big enough to take the punishment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 09:08

They will be back to school by now. Thought O’connells had opened a nursery out the back on Saturday
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 10:40

While i condemn any seat breaking by fans, the state of some of the seats in that stand would suggest it wouldn’t have taken much. Where I was there was already a couple of seats in visible bad repair before any such crowd attended. That and the amount of bird cack on several seats would suggest the home team haven’t cast their eyes on proper seat checks for some time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 10:44

I was at the Open Day and could’ve said the same about the Norrie stand to be honest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 10:52

Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 1 Nov 10:40

While i condemn any seat breaking by fans, the state of some of the seats in that stand would suggest it wouldn’t have taken much. Where I was there was already a couple of seats in visible bad repair before any such crowd attended. That and the amount of bird cack on several seats would suggest the home team haven’t cast their eyes on proper seat checks for some time.

That and the amount of flooding in the stand was ridiculous
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 10:59

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 1 Nov 09:08

They will be back to school by now. Thought O’connells had opened a nursery out the back on Saturday

And what age were you when you started watching the Pars ?

Ffs, some folk will use anything to have a go at the young team. Now you`re using their age.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 11:24

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Wed 1 Nov 10:59

Quote:

Ffs, some folk will use anything to have a go at the young team. Now you`re using their age.

Its fine defending the “young team” and Section North West, because in terms of an atmosphere they generally do a good job.

But if they are that incapable of containing their drinking, at any age as to damage property and throw things at players, then they should be called out.

And 100% Rovers should be handing over the names of ticket purchasers of clearly damaged seats who should have action taken against them until they cough up.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 11:31

Hi Dave I don’t think that is possible as there can be elements of wear and tear. I myself have been given a good nip in the backside from a damaged seat that was allocated to me. Easy for me to move but would it mean I am charged because of a prior broken seat. If I was pursued then I could counter pursue for the damage to my derrier 👀.

Given the condition and weathering of some of the seats they could have been damaged previously.

It is a tough one for sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 11:57

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 1 Nov 11:24

Quote:

Quote:

Its fine defending the “young team” and Section North West, because in terms of an atmosphere they generally do a good job.

But if they are that incapable of containing their drinking, at any age as to damage property and throw things at players, then they should be called out.

And 100% Rovers should be handing over the names of ticket purchasers of clearly damaged seats who should have action taken against them until they cough up.

I`m not defending any damage to seats etc, I`m talking about the poster using their age to have a pop at them.

And as for Raith Rovers handing over names of ticket purchasers, that won`t work. I wasn`t sitting in my allocated seat as someone was already in it before me. . .no problem, I just sat elsewhere. Pretty sure I wasn`t the only person not sitting in the seat as per my ticket.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 12:04

Quote:

Quote:

Think you’re massively missing the point here. I could have interpreted it wrong myself, but I didn’t think Parfect69 was having a go at them for being young at all. I took the post to be highlighting that the culprits in this case are probably too young/naive/immature (delete as appropriate) to accept responsibility for their actions. They’re probably less likely to call out this behaviour within their group.

We’ve all been young and we all know that, when we were, we were probably less likely to name and shame people for doing stupid things like this, trying to show off in front of their mates/in a crowd.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 12:20

Thank you 91. I wasn’t having a go at all, just an observation. In fact I had a good chuckle at them trying to walk in a straight line to the loos.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 12:57

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 1 Nov 12:20

Thank you 91. I wasn’t having a go at all, just an observation. In fact I had a good chuckle at them trying to walk in a straight line to the loos.

Couldnt even find the loo with the amount of smoke in the toilets! 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 15:12

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 1 Nov 12:57

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 1 Nov 12:20

Couldnt even find the loo with the amount of smoke in the toilets! 😂

Smoking isnt just the young team, the amount of clowns who vape in the norrie where i am is mental, blows right into my face, clowns

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmanout  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 19:35

The behaviour was poor from the start on Saturday, homophobic songs directed at Lewis Vaughan, missiles chucked at players.
Smashing the seats was bad enough but someone threw one onto the pitch at the end missing a steward by inches.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 20:05

"All tickets were sold online, surely the Rovers will have details of who purchased these seats and get the police involved."

I didn`t sit in my allocated seat on Saturday, and I doubt I was the only one, even more so in that section.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 21:02

Maybe we should all bring flares to the football. Trash the away end and get involved in post match fights with opposition fans. Because it seems to be a pretty lawless situation these days!

KOZMA

Post Edited (Wed 01 Nov 21:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:16

Quote:

istvan kozma, Wed 1 Nov 21:02

Maybe we should all bring flares to the football. Trash the away end and get involved in post match fights with opposition fans. Because it seems to be a pretty lawless situation these days!

Thats cause theres barely any police officers these days!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:25

Pretty sure purchasing ticket and allocated seating means you’re responsible regardless. Club will have to pay for all the damage, heading same way as a lot of clubs with so called self proclaimed ultras, and it will only end one way which is bans

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 1 Nov 22:39

Quote:

istvan kozma, Wed 1 Nov 21:02

I think The Rangers fans read this and took it seriously...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 09:10

There`s an opportunity here for the club to engage with these young people in a way that few other institutions have the opportunity to do.

A youth work programme at EEP, a bit like the one that Spartans (whose fans tend to come from very deprived areas of Edinburgh such as Muirhouse) have been developing would be of benefit to the young people and to the wider community.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 09:30

One way to sort this is bring back the terracing to stand and watch a football match like the good old days!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 12:31

Quote:

kozmanout, Wed 1 Nov 19:35

The behaviour was poor from the start on Saturday, homophobic songs directed at Lewis Vaughan, missiles chucked at players.
Smashing the seats was bad enough but someone threw one onto the pitch at the end missing a steward by inches.

What homophobic song was it may i ask?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 12:51

On a related subject, the SPFL now seem to be taking a serious interest in flares being thrown on to the pitch after last night`s Dundee-Rangers match was held up by such incidents.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 13:42

"One way to sort this is bring back the terracing to stand and watch a football match like the good old days!"

Standing never stopped numpties from throwing nasty stuff back then either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 15:12

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 2 Nov 12:51

On a related subject, the SPFL now seem to be taking a serious interest in flares being thrown on to the pitch after last night`s Dundee-Rangers match was held up by such incidents.

Only way it will be stopped is strict liability, and clubs absolutely won`t vote it through.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 15:13

Quote:

Athletico, Thu 2 Nov 15:12

Quote:

Only way it will be stopped is strict liability, and clubs absolutely won`t vote it through.

Or maybe find a way for it to be done in a safer manner? No of course not, maybe look at the scandanavians who now have cold burning flares, which are 10x safer, but noooo, all yous old farts would rather atmosphere be banned

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 16:00

Quote:

shellypar, Thu 2 Nov 15:13

Quote:

Quote:

Or maybe find a way for it to be done in a safer manner? No of course not, maybe look at the scandanavians who now have cold burning flares, which are 10x safer, but noooo, all yous old farts would rather atmosphere be banned

Sorry, where did I say I wanted it stopped and the atmosphere banned?

My reply was in regards to the SPFL wanting it stopped.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 16:21

"Or maybe find a way for it to be done in a safer manner? No of course not, maybe look at the scandanavians who now have cold burning flares, which are 10x safer, but noooo, all yous old farts would rather atmosphere be banned."

That assumes that pyro users will readily abandon dangerous varieties for the Tommy Corsden version.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 17:32

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The numpties cant even be trusted with the dangerous ones let alone the safe ones 😂 also, how do you find a way to stop sectarian/homophobic songs being sung?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 17:47

Quote:

Dave_1885, Thu 2 Nov 17:32

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The numpties cant even be trusted with the dangerous ones let alone the safe ones 😂 also, how do you find a way to stop sectarian/homophobic songs being sung?

What homophobic songs were sung? Please describe

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 17:52

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 2 Nov 16:21

"Or maybe find a way for it to be done in a safer manner? No of course not, maybe look at the scandanavians who now have cold burning flares, which are 10x safer, but noooo, all yous old farts would rather atmosphere be banned."

That assumes that pyro users will readily abandon dangerous varieties for the Tommy Corsden version.

No I`d be fine with that.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 21:04

Quote:

shellypar, Thu 2 Nov 17:47

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 2 Nov 21:25

Plastic bottles only in the Estuary also!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 08:18

Quote:

Dave_1885, Thu 2 Nov 21:04

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..

Generally what, im still waiting for any homophobic songs to be shown to me bud

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 09:01

To be fair the Rangers Pyros did look smart!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 10:55

Quote:

shellypar, Fri 3 Nov 08:18

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..

Pars fans have sung homophobic songs in the past…..it would not surprise me if it was the same song sung at Vaughan on Saturday but didn’t hear it personally, so don’t know if it was…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 11:03

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 3 Nov 10:55

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..

Pars fans have sung homophobic songs in the past…..it would not surprise me if it was the same song sung at Vaughan on Saturday but didn’t hear it personally, so don’t know if it was…

Oh like the 🎵scott mcdonald takes it up the bahookie🎵 one, just a bit of banter lol

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 13:52

Quote:

shellypar, Fri 3 Nov 11:03

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..

Oh like the 🎵scott mcdonald takes it up the bahookie🎵 one, just a bit of banter lol

Homophobic “banter”…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 14:47

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 3 Nov 13:52

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..

Homophobic “banter”…..

Considering scott himself found the banter in it, i dont see an issue, make sure no one says a bad language word infront of this boy eh, he`ll lose his rocker

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 15:13

Quote:

shellypar, Fri 3 Nov 14:47

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..

Homophobic “banter”…..

Considering scott himself found the banter in it, i dont see an issue, make sure no one says a bad language word infront of this boy eh, he`ll lose his rocker

Im not sure if your trolling or really are just naive 🤔🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 15:20

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 3 Nov 15:13

Quote:

shellypar, Fri 3 Nov 14:47

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean in general…..

Homophobic “banter”…..

Im not sure if your trolling or really are just naive 🤔🤔

Defo not trolling mate, im dead serious, everyone these days cries about everything, they are just words, not a big deal, dont see nout wrong with those chants if they are taken in good spirit

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 15:36

Then you must believe Sectarian songs are ok as well then, as they are just words?

Is it ok for Falkirk fans to sing about former players deaths because “its just words” as well?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 17:15

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 3 Nov 15:36

Then you must believe Sectarian songs are ok as well then, as they are just words?

Is it ok for Falkirk fans to sing about former players deaths because “its just words” as well?

Ur reading into that as i thought u would, theres a clear difference between mocking someone whos dead and telling someone they take it up the bottom , this is u clearly being a snowflake, i suggest u maybe take a long hard look at yourself and maybe choose to man up. Dont be a beta male

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 18:21

Quote:

shellypar, Fri 3 Nov 17:15

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 3 Nov 15:36

Ur reading into that as i thought u would, theres a clear difference between mocking someone whos dead and telling someone they take it up the bottom , this is u clearly being a snowflake, i suggest u maybe take a long hard look at yourself and maybe choose to man up. Dont be a beta male

Jesus wept 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 18:45

I may not be completely clued up on what homophobic means. I assumed it was showing a dislike to a gay person or treating a gay person differently due to their sexuality. So with the song that was sung how is this homophobic.

This is a genuine question as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 20:11

You assume correctly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 20:49

We have gay people within our support. Whilst daft chants like that may not upset or offend the player, they potentially alienate our own supporters. It`s also not very clever or witty.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 21:29

Quote:

jake89, Fri 3 Nov 20:49

We have gay people within our support. Whilst daft chants like that may not upset or offend the player, they potentially alienate our own supporters. It`s also not very clever or witty.

Wow, seriously if that alienates our own fans they need to grow a set, honestly

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 21:42

Quote:

shellypar, Fri 3 Nov 21:29

Quote:

Or maybe the idiots singing stupid songs need to grow up a bit? Gay jokes went out of fashion in the 90s.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 21:43

Quote:

jake89, Fri 3 Nov 21:42

Quote:

Quote:

Or maybe the idiots singing stupid songs need to grow up a bit? Gay jokes went out of fashion in the 90s.

Jake, theres no point in trying. Clear trolling activities by shelley who will just call you a snowflake

Post Edited (Fri 03 Nov 21:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 21:45

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 3 Nov 21:43

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jake, theres no point in trying. Clear trolling activiti

The worrying thing is he probably isn`t. Not being funny, but so what if someone takes it from behind? Probably more action than any of the idiots singing songs like that are getting 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 3 Nov 22:55

I`m sure Shellypar will be fine with getting huckled out when fellow pars point him out for abusive chants shouts

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 07:14

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 3 Nov 22:55

I`m sure Shellypar will be fine with getting huckled out when fellow pars point him out for abusive chants shouts

Oh yes i surely will be huckled out lol

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 07:15

Quote:

jake89, Fri 3 Nov 21:45

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The worrying thing is he probably isn`t. Not being funny, but so what if someone takes it from behind? Probably more action than any of the idiots singing songs like that are getting 😂

Exactly, so what, so chants like the scott mcdonald ones are fine, just banter kiddo

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 07:16

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jake, theres no point in trying. Clear trolling activities by shelley who will just call you a snowflake

I`ve told u before im not trolling, im serious, also gay jokes didnt go out of fashion in the 90s may i add, still very prominent within us youngsters these days

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 07:45

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 07:15

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly, so what, so chants like the scott mcdonald ones are fine, just banter kiddo

That was golden when he ran right up to the fans when he scored the NW didn`t like that too much.

Its interesting how they want to follow the ultras scene like those abroad but when you actually read into it these teams fans very rarely sing about other teams or players sexual preferences.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 07:50

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 4 Nov 07:45

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That was golden when he ran right up to the fans when he scored the NW didn`t like that too much.

Its interesting how they want to follow the ultras scene like those abroad but when you actually read into it these teams fans very rarely sing about other teams or players sexual preferences.

Maybe not sexual preferences, but the European ultras have no problems singing about someone with a different skin colour!

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 08:14

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I found it quite funny how he ran upto us, it was a great giruy moment for him, and im sure he woulda loved getting one over us, also owing to the fact he indeed saw the funny side in it

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:14

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 08:14

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I found it quite funny how he ran upto us, it was a great giruy moment for him, and im sure he woulda loved getting one over us, also owing to the fact he indeed saw the funny side in it

That sounds a great story. Tell it again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:21

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 09:14

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 08:14

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That sounds a great story. Tell it again.

there u go wee man, a just know u loved it eh....

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:30

“He saw it as banter”

Substitute the banter subject from homophobia to racism. See if that doesn’t give you the ick, either you’re incredibly thick and in serious need of some diversity and harassment training, or you’re a racist and a homophobe rather than just being a homophobe.

If anyone on here thinks that the Scott McDonald song was anything other than homophobic, then count yourselves as homophobes or incredibly stupid.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:34

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 4 Nov 09:30

“He saw it as banter”

Substitute the banter subject from homophobia to racism. See if that doesn’t give you the ick, either you’re incredibly thick and in serious need of some diversity and harassment training, or you’re a racist and a homophobe rather than just being a homophobe.

If anyone on here thinks that the Scott McDonald song was anything other than homophobic, then count yourselves as homophobes or incredibly stupid.

Mate, this a difference between been insulting, and having banter, not anything else, if someone was making rude jokes to someone, due to whatever, skintone sexuality ect, would u be offended on their behalf, if so, thats everything that wrong with this world, everyone needs to take a man up pill

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:35

Quote:

“He saw it as banter”

Shelly is presumably a youngster so will hopefully grow out of it. I`m sure there`s no malice intended, despite it being incredibly ignorant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:38

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 09:35

Quote:

“He saw it as banter”

Shelly is presumably a youngster so will hopefully grow out of it. I`m sure there`s no malice intended, despite it being incredibly ignorant.

No i understand what yous think, but how i have grown up, i tend to look at life with a positive attitude, not see the bad in everything, see banter as banter, just because it has a bad word in it doesnt mean it still isnt just banter

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:39

jake89 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> “He saw it as banter”
>
> Substitute the banter subject from homophobia to racism. See
> if that doesn’t give you the ick, either you’re incredibly
> thick and in serious need of some diversity and harassment
> training, or you’re a racist and a homophobe rather than just
> being a homophobe.
>
> If anyone on here thinks that the Scott McDonald song was
> anything other than homophobic, then count yourselves as
> homophobes or incredibly stupid.

>
> Shelly is presumably a youngster so will hopefully grow out of
> it. I`m sure there`s no malice intended, despite it being
> incredibly ignorant.

If he’s old enough to remember the McDonald chants from 5/6 years ago, he’ll no be old enough to have had some sort of education - no excuse for me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:39

I wonder if the fans would have stopped their chanting if McDonald had made it clear he didn`t regard it as `banter`?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:40

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 4 Nov 09:39

I wonder if the fans would have stopped their chanting if McDonald had made it clear he didn`t regard it as `banter`?

And if so then fair enough, but he clearly didnt care and saw the funny side, as long as the party or individual in question isnt offended, no one should be on his or their behalf

COYP

Post Edited (Sat 04 Nov 09:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:41

shellypar wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> I wonder if the fans would have stopped their chanting if
> McDonald had made it clear he didn`t regard it as
> `banter`?

>
> And if so them fair enough, but he clearly didnt care and saw
> the funny side, as long as the party or individual in question
> isnt offended, no one should be on his behalf
>
>

Said every racist and homophobe out there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:41

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 4 Nov 09:41

shellypar wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> I wonder if the fans would have stopped their chanting if
> McDonald had made it clear he didn`t regard it as
> `banter`?

>
> And if so them fair enough, but he clearly didnt care and saw
> the funny side, as long as the party or individual in question
> isnt offended, no one should be on his behalf
>

Said every racist and homophobe out there.

Not really mate 🤣

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:43

When you have a minute Google "It`s just banter". It`s up there with "I`m not racist, but...". As said earlier, it`s not even funny or witty.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:44

“No i understand what yous think, but how i have grown up, i tend to look at life with a positive attitude, not see the bad in everything, see banter as banter, just because it has a bad word in it doesnt mean it still isnt just banter”

Ah, the Richard Keys defence.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:45

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 4 Nov 09:44

“No i understand what yous think, but how i have grown up, i tend to look at life with a positive attitude, not see the bad in everything, see banter as banter, just because it has a bad word in it doesnt mean it still isnt just banter”

Ah, the Richard Keys defence.

1. I have no idea who richard keys is
2. Do u honestly get offended on other peoples behalf, when it may have nothing to do with u, genuine question

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:45

How do you know whether the target player will be offended or not?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:46

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 09:43

When you have a minute Google "It`s just banter". It`s up there with "I`m not racist, but...". As said earlier, it`s not even funny or witty.

U can choose to be a wee boy and get offended over every little thing, but just because your offended, doesnt mean u are right

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:46

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 4 Nov 09:45

How do you know whether the target player will be offended or not?

Because maybe they will come out say soo????????????

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:52

So you target a player and it really doesn`t matter to you whether he is offended or not? You justify it by saying McDonald wasn`t offended but you didn`t know that would be the case.

That was a few years ago so presumably you`re an adult now if you weren`t then. I thought we`d all moved on from these attitudes but obviously not.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:52

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 09:46

Quote:

U can choose to be a wee boy and get offended over every little thing, but just because your offended, doesnt mean u are right

You`re right, but any court or employment tribunal would consider shouting that someone "takes it up the ####" as offensive. Unfortunately for you, when you finally enter the workforce, you`ll find that your "banter" isn`t tolerated.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:53

Shellypar, I’ll indulge you for a moment.

1. Go google Richard keys, and banter. The meaning will be very obvious (I’d hope)

2. If I see or hear stuff that picks out minority people in a negative way, yes, I get annoyed, as do so many other people with a moral conscience.

You don’t have to be of colour to be offended by racism, you don’t have to be gay bi trans to be offended by homophobia and you don’t have to be any particular gender to be offended by sexism.

It’s also your choice to be offensive (even if you don’t consider yourself to be so) and therefore the right of others to not like what you say.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:54

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 09:52

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 09:46

Quote:

You`re right, but any court or employment tribunal would consider shouting that someone "takes it up the ####" as offensive. Unfortunately for you, when you finally enter the workforce, you`ll find that your "banter" isn`t tolerated.

I can assure you that banter is very much accepted at my workplace son. I like my business to not be PC

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:54

And Jake, I think you’re still doing him a disservice- suspect he’s older than you think….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:55

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 4 Nov 09:54

And Jake, I think you’re still doing him a disservice- suspect he’s older than you think….

I can assure you i still have "teen" at the end of my age buddy

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 09:57

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 4 Nov 09:53

Shellypar, I’ll indulge you for a moment.

1. Go google Richard keys, and banter. The meaning will be very obvious (I’d hope)

2. If I see or hear stuff that picks out minority people in a negative way, yes, I get annoyed, as do so many other people with a moral conscience.

You don’t have to be of colour to be offended by racism, you don’t have to be gay bi trans to be offended by homophobia and you don’t have to be any particular gender to be offended by sexism.

It’s also your choice to be offensive (even if you don’t consider yourself to be so) and therefore the right of others to not like what you say.

This is exactly it, its not a moral compass, if u choose to be offended by something that has nothing to do with you, you have no right to attack or complain or even get involved with something that does not effect you

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:00

Who`s your employer, Shelly? I`d like to make sure I don`t give any business to a company that appears to support homophobia.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:01

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 10:00

Who`s your employer, Shelly? I`d like to make sure I don`t give any business to a company that appears to support homophobia.

U can contact me as its my business bud, but its not homophobia, its banter, u seem to misinterpret

COYP
[IP address logged]

`This is exactly it, its not a moral compass, if u choose to be offended by something that has nothing to do with you, you have no right to attack or complain or even get involved with something that does not effect you`

Wow! End of conversation.

[IP address logged]

shellypar wrote:

>
Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 4 Nov 09:53
>
> Shellypar, I’ll indulge you for a moment.
>
> 1. Go google Richard keys, and banter. The meaning will be very
> obvious (I’d hope)
>
> 2. If I see or hear stuff that picks out minority people in a
> negative way, yes, I get annoyed, as do so many other people
> with a moral conscience.
>
> You don’t have to be of colour to be offended by racism, you
> don’t have to be gay bi trans to be offended by homophobia
> and you don’t have to be any particular gender to be offended
> by sexism.
>
> It’s also your choice to be offensive (even if you don’t
> consider yourself to be so) and therefore the right of others
> to not like what you say.

>
> This is exactly it, its not a moral compass, if u choose to be
> offended by something that has nothing to do with you, you have
> no right to attack or complain or even get involved with
> something that does not effect you
>
>

Good luck with that in a court of law or in employment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:03

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 10:01

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 10:00

U can contact me as its my business bud, but its not homophobia, its banter, u seem to misinterpret

What`s it called? If you think everyone will see it as "banter" then presumably you`ve no issue naming it? Maybe you could add it to the bottom of your marketing materials as it`s so clever?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:03

I feel as if though this conversation has become tedious and in a loop, so i would like to suspend this conversation, put a pin in it, we are all entitled to an opinion, lets just move on

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:07

So you don`t fancy naming the business that supports homophobic "banter"? Funny that...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:11

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 10:07

So you don`t fancy naming the business that supports homophobic "banter"? Funny that...

No because i am clearly lying lol

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:15

Topic Originator: shellypar like
Date: Sat 4 Nov 10:03

I feel as if though this conversation has become tedious and in a loop, so i would like to suspend this conversation, put a pin in it, we are all entitled to an opinion, lets just move on

“I don’t like the way this is going for me so I’m running away.”

Again, good luck with that in the future. 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:16

Quote:

theparsman1885, Sat 4 Nov 10:15

Topic Originator: shellypar like
Date: Sat 4 Nov 10:03

“I don’t like the way this is going for me so I’m running away.”

Again, good luck with that in the future. 🤣

I wont lie pal, it did go the way i wanted, i just didnt want it to keep going lol, i am clearly a troll, just want to get a rise for a laugj

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:18

Ah the troll argument when lost an argument haha

Just a laugh haha

Just fishing haha

👋

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:19

Ah, the classic "I was only joking/trolling". You really caught us out there, Shelly. 🙄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:20

Yous 2 must be the most gullible right?

Do u honestly think someone would have views like that?

COYP

Post Edited (Sat 04 Nov 10:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:22

Which is sadder - being homophobic or pretending that you`re homophobic to raise a laugh?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:23

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 4 Nov 10:22

Which is sadder - being homophobic or pretending that you`re homophobic to raise a laugh?

Probably the latter

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:27

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 10:23

Quote:

Probably the latter

Well there you go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:32

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 10:27

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 10:23

Quote:

Probably the latter

Well there you go.

End of that day it is what it is

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:38

One does apologise, although if i were truly racist/homophobic, then i wouldnt habe backes down, these people have warped views and never acvept other peoples narrations

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 10:53

Hold on, you claimed earlier in the conversation you weren’t trolling…..you can’t now claim to be trolling when found out to be a homophobe…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:04

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 4 Nov 10:53

Hold on, you claimed earlier in the conversation you weren’t trolling…..you can’t now claim to be trolling when found out to be a homophobe…..

The simple explanation is "daft laddie syndrome". He`s clearly a youngster and will hopefully learn from this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:05

Quote:

jake89, Sat 4 Nov 11:04

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 4 Nov 10:53

The simple explanation is "daft laddie syndrome". He`s clearly a youngster and will hopefully learn from this.

Lets hope admin now deal with this appropriately…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:09

Will anyone take his posts seriously after this car crash?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:13

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 4 Nov 11:09

No but i will try my best to prove to you all i was just be a stupid troll, i do genuienly have some good footballing insight to share and have good conversations with, i will refrain from anything that is not football related as in matches and games etc

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:20

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 11:13

Quote:

No but i will try my best to prove to you all i was just be a stupid troll, i do genuienly have some good footballing insight to share and have good conversations with, i will refrain from anything that is not football related as in matches and games etc

Too late now really 🤷🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Nov 11:22

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 4 Nov 11:20

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 4 Nov 11:13

Quote:

Too late now really 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hope for a second chance, but i accept if i dont recieve one, i just hope i can engage with people without this trolling spree tarnishing any good argument or conversation i add too

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net